Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, i blew my motor..again...need help with next choise
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Valo666
So, me and 5s-fe's dont get along apprently and ive blown my..mmm..3rd one. Blew the original head by warping 2 valve guides, then 2 bearings in the cam seized in my second head..and then i got the motor replaced, and then somethin was wrong with it as soon as i got it..and yea i ended up droppin a valve in it 2 weeks ago on the highway going to ottawa. So now im looking for a better engine/somethin thats gonna last me a bit longer than 4 months..lol. So these are my choises. Now i have about $3000 to spend on this new motor..so these are my choises. And if i throw em in, its gonna be just as they are(except choise #1). I want somethin thats gonna make my car a bit quicker and no so sluggish. Your choise is...
block
3SGTE baby!!!!!!!!!!! finally huh tongue.gif
celica47
hey bro think about this.....if you could somehow hold out with another engine for a couple years, i think canada is going to be getting the gt-4's soon so =). I believe in another 2-3 years
Elevindie
sorry to hear about the horrible experences with blown motors....happened here.
chucho
idk, if your blowing NA i wouldnt go T....just saying lol..

good like w/ your next engine
netrata
If you feel that you want to replace the motor again you should look into getting a euro 3s-ge or the Beams redtop 3s-ge. Both are good n/a engines if that is what you want. Unless you want a turbo, then go with a 3sgte. smile.gif
OrbitalGT95
3sge or sell it an get a nissan
WH95TE
Maybe you should carpool for awhile.
Valo666
QUOTE(celica47 @ Sep 15, 2006 - 10:47 PM) [snapback]480300[/snapback]

hey bro think about this.....if you could somehow hold out with another engine for a couple years, i think canada is going to be getting the gt-4's soon so =). I believe in another 2-3 years

not till 2009..and thats to the month..and i think it was like august 1994 that they made the GT4, so i wouldnt be able to get one for almost 3 years

QUOTE(chucho @ Sep 16, 2006 - 12:10 AM) [snapback]480330[/snapback]

idk, if your blowing NA i wouldnt go T....just saying lol..

good like w/ your next engine

The reason im blowin my engines is because the first one wasnt taken care of and the guy didnt change the oil like ever and also used to rev it high all the time because he would try and multitask and not shift. 2nd one was a head off a poped lower end 5s, that i just got plained and not rebuilt..and my thrid motor i think there was a spun bearing in the cam as soon as i got it because every time i would start the car, it sounded like it was supercharged.

QUOTE(OrbitalGT95 @ Sep 16, 2006 - 1:36 AM) [snapback]480343[/snapback]

3sge or sell it an get a nissan

Im thinkin about it man. My friends gonna be sellin his Skyline GTS-T Type M with a built RB20 in it soon. Or i can just get any car from japan for cheap since im workin with my buddies company.

I just have crappy luck with gettin crappy motors. I dont rev high, i dont downshift t much, i dont beat the piss out of my car. I dont accelerate hard unless ineed to. Only time i have accelerated hard, and reved slightly high (4400RPM) was when i was doin autocross begining of the summer. When i blew my motor 2 weeks ago, i was driving along the highway doing 120km/h revin at 3300RPM, crusin along and BAM!..i though it was the truck infront of me blowin a tire...pulled off the highway, every thing seemed fine, continued on to ottawa, was there for a day, came back..when i was drivin down the street at the end of mine, i was driving beside another car and i could hear somethin ratteling around...didnt think much of it, thenn i started back firing a bit, then i could feel a definate powerloss and i poped my hood, reved it up a bit and its ratteling around in the 1st cylinder and my buddy whos here as a mechanic apprentise said it was a dropped valve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.