Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pirate Tuning Gt four finally rebuilding
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
snakeloa
Hello, after quite a while of waiting, changing plansand ordering other parts....

I can now tell you that me rebuild is doing fine so far.

The crome molyden ductile sleeves are pressed in smile.gif

IPB Image

Then the clutch and the crank got treated and balanced.
IPB Image

The head received a full street port and oversized valves wink.gif new camshafts, springs titanium retainers....
IPB Image

Then evreything went very fast this week smile.gif Well after 10 month waiting and changing and deciding an....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
On the pics above you can see the some of the parts we use at the moment....

IPB Image
This is my direct port digital Water injection wink.gif

IPB Image
GT35R bolt on kit smile.gif with recirc downpipe

IPB Image
e voila cp pistons (polymer coated outside and ceramic coted on top did actually found a place above the pauter conrods

IPB Image
Crankshaft fitted after some slight line boring...

Some more pics
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Well now we hope to finish everything else soon. fuel supply, water injection....

I will let you know

cheers Joerg
celi_gt_racer
wow.... just amazing - i can't wait to see this puppy in action biggrin.gif
3WayStunna
okay im kinda lost as to whats going on...can u please explain snakeloa
presure2
that looks like an AMAZING build there snakeola.
very much looking forward to the results of all the hard work and $$ im sure. wink.gif
snakeloa
thank you guys. yes a lot of $ spent... But lets not talk about something i don't have anymore wink.gif I mean $ notes

First of all i can say: The thing i hated most was to have to wait for parts!

@ 3waystunna

i had in mind to run an ATS TD06. I bought a TD06 kit a new TRD clutch and the last ultra light C-One "racing" flywheel. and a 100psi Water injection. and a wide band lamda sensor set. An apexi Power FC

Well i guess you know what happened... I had to order a new fuel regulator, 800cc fuel injectors, and a 265L/h fuel pump

Then we decided to look into the engine.

Well i had some slight scratches in one of the cylinders. frown.gif you can be shure that i didn't like that kind of news. Especially as i never wanted to touch the engine itself.

Because of the scratch i had to go oversize... I of course decided to use some good aftermarket pistons. New conrods....

Then i decided to get a full street port job done and i sent my cylinder head with new camshafts to enginelogics around the half globe smile.gif

I decided then to use a bigger turbo. Instead of the TD06 i started to build up a GT35R Kit.

Well that caused me to order a new clutch.... I decided to go for a tein plate Carbon clutch from ATS & Accross.

then i thought well as so much time passed by now, i might swap my water injection and get a bigger direct port water injection which is digitally controlled.

Then i thought to shorten the waiting period i could order the datalogit software... a TRD quick shifter and a new custom designed speedo and some spare parts...

Crazy??? Well i guess yes.

So now at the moment after the crankshaft is back from nitrogen hardening the engine is getting rebuild.

Then the water injection will be fitted as the fuel supply will.

Then the engine will be shipped from Cologne to hannover where my mechanic is waiting to put back in the engine.

Then after some final work we should run some test.

But there is more to come.... frown.gif

I won't drive the car for another while. As i will get a tig welded full motorsport rollcage. And a ne paintshop on the roof and the rearsection of the car..

welll then there will be a running in priod, a few mapping sessions.... and then we will meet @ the PECM2007 in Varano wink.gif

cheers Joerg
hitcachi
sweet!! Very nice looking and im diggin the castrol 5th gen in the background. biggrin.gif
lagos
thats going to be one amazing car when its all done. keep us updated with lots of pics and videos!
Predator
sounds awesome, good luck with everything
WH95TE
Amazing on the outside aswell as the inside. Good job.
x_itchy_b_x
OUTSTANDING!!! thumbsup.gif very nice.
Magic
Great man... smile.gif

When the beast its done POST few videos smile.gif
snakeloa
QUOTE(Magic @ Sep 24, 2006 - 5:30 PM) [snapback]483238[/snapback]

Great man... smile.gif

When the beast its done POST few videos smile.gif

I will... I want to try to get a few great videos done. I will buy a good viedeocam and then i am thinking about different mounting angels like in the front bumper, @ the fender on top-rear of the roof... smile.gif That should make good fun.
ice23q
That is gonna be a FUN ride dude.... wicked stuff...
snakeloa
Ok Guys Where would you place the Water Injection nozzles? As they are screw and nut type we are limeted to go as deep into as the fingers or tools are long.

IPB Image

jgreening
QUOTE(snakeloa @ Oct 5, 2006 - 8:54 AM) [snapback]487934[/snapback]

Ok Guys Where would you place the Water Injection nozzles? As they are screw and nut type we are limeted to go as deep into as the fingers or tools are long.

IPB Image

I am pretty sure I have read that the best place for the water injection is post intercooler in the intercooler piping as far away from the intake manifold as possible. Someone needs to confirm though.

Nice looking build you got there. smile.gif
celicaracer18
i think this is different because he said its direct port, which i know nothing about
snakeloa
Hello again,

after a small problem with my camshafts suddenly be bent... (I do not know how this happened. And nobody of the 3 people touching the camshafts can say ewhen or how it happened frown.gif ) We can now carry on with the rebuild.

The block is waiting for its head smile.gif
IPB Image

Here you can see the sleeves smile.gif
IPB Image

The headwork.
IPB Image

A scribble of my mechanic.... I will have to ask him about it. Buit i guess he was measuring the compression-Ratio
IPB Image

I hope everything goes on well.

I was as well a bit nervous about the valve clearance.

Jun gave me this numbers for their camshafts: 0,20 intake 0,33 exhaust
My mechanic here told me normalo would be 0,15-0,25 intsake and 0,25-0,35 exhaust
My Head builder in the US Chris K told me 0,16-0,22 intake is fine and 0,23-0,28 exhaust is fine
We measured 0,16 intake 0,23-0,28 exhaust

My mechanic here says that the exhaust side could get a bit "tight"
Chris says it is just fine.
Well as he build the head for me than this is ok for me as well.

cheers Joerg
snakeloa
i received further pics today. The head is on smile.gif

Bolts are in place
IPB Image

Headgasket is an OEM one
IPB Image

some nice headwork was done here smile.gif
IPB Image

and finally the head is on:
IPB Image

Looks good to me smile.gif

cheers Joerg
3WayStunna
Nice build bro, and thanks for the explanation....anywho, good luck.....
playr158
looks good brother, what kind of sleeves are you running, and boost level plans?
snakeloa
Chrome molyden ductile sleeves by chris k.

Bostlevel? Well i am not sure so far. Lets see when the engine is running...

cheers Joerg
playr158
are you saying that your doing all this with out thinking about what level of boost you want to run/where you want your boost to come in ?....until after you've built it?
tufy
QUOTE(playr158 @ Oct 18, 2006 - 5:39 AM) [snapback]493006[/snapback]

are you saying that your doing all this with out thinking about what level of boost you want to run/where you want your boost to come in ?....until after you've built it?

i am sure he has some number in his mind wink.gif but he wants to be sure every think is ok before boost up..
JesterDC
QUOTE(snakeloa @ Oct 17, 2006 - 9:49 AM) [snapback]492641[/snapback]

Chrome molyden ductile sleeves by chris k.

Bostlevel? Well i am not sure so far. Lets see when the engine is running...

cheers Joerg

Do you mean molybdenum? 'Cause if so that's good stuff, it raises melting points, hardens other metals, and reduces friction. Nissan lightly coats all engine parts of their VQ35 with this stuff.
snakeloa
Yes i ment molybdenum. Well but it is only as good as your engine builder....

And he messed up my engine frown.gif

I will have to stop the engine rebuild for now and will have to get a lawyer. Look at the pics. you can see he did not interlock the sleeves. He cut the outside and pressed them in beside each other. Further he painted the block including the inside of my oil feed.... This could seriously damage my engine. He refused to listen and laughed at me. He said i could come by and pick up the engine.

Now everything seems a bit strange to me. Why were the camshafts bent, why is the head suddenly not right. Everything was ok when it arrived! Well i am a bit pis***d of now. We nearly planed a year now and we (i) spent so much money and shortly before the finish line. Someone stops you.... like that!

What now? Will i get a new block, new sleeves, a new head and camshafts from him? What else is damaged? Or will it be hard to prove it and i will loose the engine, my moneay and the court case?

I do not know. But i think i do not deserve that.....

Well i will let you all know...

Joerch
Culpable04
wow that s*cks bro. hope you get everything back from him.
JesterDC
QUOTE(snakeloa @ Oct 21, 2006 - 4:16 PM) [snapback]494548[/snapback]

Yes i ment molybdenum. Well but it is only as good as your engine builder....

And he messed up my engine frown.gif

I will have to stop the engine rebuild for now and will have to get a lawyer. Look at the pics. you can see he did not interlock the sleeves. He cut the outside and pressed them in beside each other. Further he painted the block including the inside of my oil feed.... This could seriously damage my engine. He refused to listen and laughed at me. He said i could come by and pick up the engine.

Now everything seems a bit strange to me. Why were the camshafts bent, why is the head suddenly not right. Everything was ok when it arrived! Well i am a bit pis***d of now. We nearly planed a year now and we (i) spent so much money and shortly before the finish line. Someone stops you.... like that!

What now? Will i get a new block, new sleeves, a new head and camshafts from him? What else is damaged? Or will it be hard to prove it and i will loose the engine, my moneay and the court case?

I do not know. But i think i do not deserve that.....

Well i will let you all know...

Joerch

It's sh**heads like that the f*** it up for everyone else, take him for all he's worth.
snakeloa
Ok Restart the topic....

It has been a while...hmmmm well yeah quite a while since 2006 frown.gif
To make a lon story short. The engine rebuild went totally wrong they f*cked up my engine. And i mean the whole job: Camshafts bend, straightend and bend again. The block has been destroyed as well as well as the Sleeves ....

Well after i paid him!!! I received my semi well re-re-rebuild engine. The Head was still not good. So i decided to bring it to Chris K. and i shipped the whole mess to The US.

The engine arrived last week and he will give me an update soon.
I hope we still can use some of our parts!!!

Anyway i do NOT want to talk about waht exactly happened or what i should do to this wannabe engine builder here in Germany, or how much money i spent. I do not want to talk about the past! Ok? Please respect this wish!!!

I want to look into the future! smile.gif

During the last month i got contact to one of the best rollcage builders here in Europe and he built me an fully tig welded rollcage smile.gif I will soon send you some pics.

I bought new seats as well... But this is a suprise.

so long Jörch
presure2
sounds like its finally coming together for ya.
hope all turns out well.
cheers.
DEATH
Best wishes for the rest of your project. Good luck on the build man. biggrin.gif
I love your paint job BTW
snakeloa
Ok Here we go... The first pics of my new cage just arrived. It looks quite well from "here". But take a look yourself:

and a second one smile.gif

What do you think ???
I will have to get the car cleaned inside and then i think the best thing would be to get the old colour of (san blast or something like that)
I will then get the inside of the chassis coloured in matt red and the cage in matt black.

Jörch
Akirad1
snake i love your car its the way i invision mine to be.
DEATH
QUOTE (snakeloa @ Aug 29, 2008 - 12:18 PM) *
Ok Here we go... The first pics of my new cage just arrived. It looks quite well from "here". But take a look yourself:

and a second one smile.gif

What do you think ???
I will have to get the car cleaned inside and then i think the best thing would be to get the old colour of (san blast or something like that)
I will then get the inside of the chassis coloured in matt red and the cage in matt black.

Jörch

That's BA - nice work. I think you have excellent taste in color schemes [but I guess I would laugh.gif ]
x_itchy_b_x
Awesome!
snakeloa
New pics arrived today smile.gif Now we can see how it comes along. But as well it is a good bit of work ahead...

I got dizzy while i watched the pics.... 1 Because the cage is so cool smile.gif ad 2 because it will cost a fortune and a lot of work...

What do you think? Do you like it???

I kind of like it wink.gif
snakeloa
Here are the news:
Ok I managed to spent a lot of money got my block rebuild badly, the guy had to do it again, then we packed it in a box sent it to the US and now i hear.... That i sent a box of rubbish kindasad.gif I do not know what to do .... The rebuild has come to a sudden end after i waited 3 yex 3 f***ing years.

I will need your help. Please help me with your advice!!! I will start a new topic which i will link here:

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=61737

When the decision is made how we carry on i will reopen this thread.

BTW. During the transport two valves were bent as a cause of bad packing of the box frown.gif
It doesn't look like it woul come to an good end after all.
Driveby
I LOVE that cage!
Awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.