Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removed the Motor (again)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
H8DC3lica94
Hey guys. So im really tired of posting things cuz it always about me ranting about my 4agze engine not running. blah blah blah. So ye...

Well today i pulled out the motor. Finally! after about a year of no one touching it, its out of the car and sitting in the garage. I plan on taking it apart to make sure that the parts i bought in the first rebuild was placed in. So some reason, the TRD belt i bought was never installed, so im skeptic abiut having the stage 2 exedy clutch i bought. I dont know what else i should do to the car while i have the motor out. I'm thinking of parting out the shell and get a trueno and put the motor in that. but im not sure. Any thoughts from you guys would be cool.
95celgt
Umm, i say keep the celi, me and my friends are installing a 4agze into an ae86 and although the motor is "drop in" as well the car is a total POS compared to a celi, RWD or not. Im not saying that the 86 itself is bad, just the one we have, so if you for some reason get an 86 shell make sure it has NO RUST, it spreads bad in 86's.
coldbluesteel
If you get a 86 you should drop a 3sgte in it. I saw one in Turbo a while back and it was NICE!
H8DC3lica94
QUOTE(coldbluesteel @ Sep 25, 2006 - 7:57 AM) [snapback]483516[/snapback]

If you get a 86 you should drop a 3sgte in it. I saw one in Turbo a while back and it was NICE!

WTF?!?!??! Considering i have a 4agze just sitting in the past year, and that the motor would just go in the trueno, why would i even begin to do a 3sgte? it would ideal to put that in the celica. Im not trying to offend you, but i havent had the best day, my 4th gen has tog et a new catback exhaust cuz the patch didnt work. so yea....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.