Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 97 Celi smoked by 97 Tahoe
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
RisingSun1
Yesterday I was on my way home from school, and at a stop light this dude in 97 green chevrolet tahoe pulls up to me asking me for a race, so the light turns green. I had a better launch than him but after a few seconds he just passes me and he beats me by 2 car lenghts.
ExSane
For a Truck size car? That thing is SLOW!
RisingSun1
QUOTE(ExSane @ Sep 29, 2006 - 1:25 PM) [snapback]485355[/snapback]

For a Truck size car? That thing is SLOW!

tahoe specs / 5.7 liter engine, 255 horse power, my celica /2.2 liter around 130 horse power
ExSane
LOL! Makes me laugh even more.
celica47
wow Adam i hope youre not surprised. Only thing i love to race are School buses, dump trucks, semis, RV's.
RisingSun1
QUOTE(ExSane @ Sep 29, 2006 - 1:33 PM) [snapback]485361[/snapback]

LOL! Makes me laugh even more.

how many horses does your car have?
celicaST
QUOTE(celica47 @ Sep 29, 2006 - 12:39 PM) [snapback]485363[/snapback]

wow Adam i hope youre not surprised. Only thing i love to race are School buses, dump trucks, semis, RV's.

and those races are nail-biters let me tell you laugh.gif i personally like to race bikes, you know the pedal kind
tomazws
QUOTE(celicaST @ Sep 29, 2006 - 12:06 PM) [snapback]485375[/snapback]

QUOTE(celica47 @ Sep 29, 2006 - 12:39 PM) [snapback]485363[/snapback]

and those races are nail-biters let me tell you laugh.gif i personally like to race bikes, you know the pedal kind

I know one simple fact.
I have no chance racing against anything with wheels, period.
jdg371
[this wont last long o.O]

I lost to a snail by a car lenght. I was pushing it!
mzztoyota
lol...u guys are too amusing

thread life = 6 hours and counting...
ExSane
QUOTE(celica47 @ Sep 29, 2006 - 1:39 PM) [snapback]485363[/snapback]

No Im saying that thing has 255hp? So you are saying that I a GT-FOUR is only going to be like 2 cars ahead of me? The hell is that? That thing is slow for 255hp.
Bitter
255hp but an assload of torque from just off idle till about 3500-4000 rpm. iirc its 300+lb/ft of torque.
celica47
LMFAO....ahhhh the life of driving a celica.
nate95
i would have beaten the Taho!! woOT 255hp in somthing that heavy is slow, even with 300 tourqe. i beat a new ford explorer with the Triton V8 in the 1/4 mile by 2 cars : )
airfron
well i raced an 1886 Daimler Motor Carriage and WHOOPED his @$$ woot.gif
jgreening
QUOTE(celicaST @ Sep 29, 2006 - 2:06 PM) [snapback]485375[/snapback]

i personally like to race bikes, you know the pedal kind

LOL!
Daftboy
I don't even try....my friend in his caviler could beat me and it has a blown head gasket.. =[
nate95
that sucks
creis
ok a 255 hp 4-5k lb suv took ya? I'm sorry.

my car is deff not fast but lets be honist our cars are not THAT slow actualy we can take most the late 90's economy cars smile.gif and most 90's suv gas guzzlers.

actualy we can take all cars in that have a 110mph gov smile.gif (and most do) so dont stop till you hit 120 and you'll win every time
mauricio878
my car usually takes off faster, its once it gets to like 60 people start catching up, then when i get to like 95 that it wont go any more unless i find a downhill they pass me
Glitch001
QUOTE(creis @ Oct 3, 2006 - 2:22 PM) [snapback]486919[/snapback]

ok a 255 hp 4-5k lb suv took ya? I'm sorry.

my car is deff not fast but lets be honist our cars are not THAT slow actualy we can take most the late 90's economy cars smile.gif and most 90's suv gas guzzlers.

actualy we can take all cars in that have a 110mph gov smile.gif (and most do) so dont stop till you hit 120 and you'll win every time

So you race cars that arnt ment to race? Lol.

My celica is SLOW the 5s just doesnt have the power my mr2 does. Ive never had a whole lot of fun in a fwd, but road courses is a diff story.
nate95
HAHA your celica wont go past 95? thats SUCKS. mine will hit the 115 gov. pretty easily! woOT.
94celicadude
mine does 135 and i still havent hit a speed gov. do the 5s have one? non-cali.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.