Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why so few parts for our cars?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
n1ckz0r
I have noticed in my recent travels that it is extremely hard to find performance or even aftermarket parts for our cars. I was wondering if anybody knows of a place that is good to shop other than ebay. Im looking specifically right now for an intake manifold. but so far i've had no luck, ANYWHERE i've looked frown.gif...
hitcachi
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=1
Im not gonna lie. Im timed myself. That took me exactly 58 seconds to find, post the link here, then type this. Just trying to help ya!
airfron
QUOTE(hitcachi @ Oct 5, 2006 - 11:50 PM) [snapback]488355[/snapback]

Im not gonna lie. I timed myself. That took me exactly 58 seconds to find, post the link here, then type this. Just trying to help ya!

wow... and not the sarcastic kind

it took longer for me to open the link once i had clicked it... stupid pop up blocker

but i think he wants something thats not oem but is more of a performance replacement
eggman40
QUOTE(hitcachi @ Oct 6, 2006 - 6:50 AM) [snapback]488355[/snapback]

Im not gonna lie. Im timed myself. That took me exactly 58 seconds to find, post the link here, then type this. Just trying to help ya!

WTF? anyone notice that the ST manifold is more expensive than the gt? cwm13.gif

any idea why that is?

Edit: To answer your question, its because the celica is not very popular as far as the import tuning world is concerned. There just isnt a high enough demand for aftermarket performance parts for our cars so no one bothers to make any. That all changes with a 3sgte though biggrin.gif I found that fustrating at first, before i found this site, but i see it more as a blessing because it gives you a chance to have an original looking car as oppossed to your typical hondas or subarus. (Dont get me wrong I love all cars and working on them, wrx,s2000,DA6...etc. but i would want my celica to stand out wink.gif )
n1ckz0r
LOLOL, i have searched, countless hours... HOW did you even find that! Is that manifold an upgrade from the stock one, do you know?
m0dd3d1
QUOTE(n1ckz0r @ Oct 6, 2006 - 6:59 AM) [snapback]488376[/snapback]

LOLOL, i have searched, countless hours... HOW did you even find that! Is that manifold an upgrade from the stock one, do you know?

It looks like an OEM replacement part; isn't that what Toyota World is?

-Triscuit
elvasoshexai
i came from an even worse platform... a camry... if you think a celica is bad... aftermarket for camrys are even worse... although we did have clear headlights =)
coldbluesteel
You can use upgraded ones from the 3sgte platform. There are a few that I have seen.
ExSane
There are countless parts for our car in the Parts Data base in the Home Page. As for the aftermarket intake manifolds... our cars are not Civics and Integras. We don't have THAT much promotions on our cars for aftermarket manuafactures to create parts for us. If you wa nt more parts, you are gonna have to convince those people that our cars are worth investing parts in. That is gonna be hard becuz you will rarely see any 6th generation Celicas and you are gonna have to convince the producer of the next Fast and the Furious to throw in a 6th Gen Celica to eat a Supra (which has happened already, Tufy!). Our cars are exotic and hard to find just like the Supra but yet they have so many parts for the Supra yet alone expensive. It's all about promotion and money. They have to make money out of the parts and there has to be a large number of demand. Otherwise, you are gonna have to go with swaps. Now, if you can't afford the swaps and tend to go towards the N/A route, think about what other Toyotas out there that carry the same engine. Celica ST (7AFE 1.8L) = Corolla 93-97. Celica GT (5SFE 2.2L) = Camry 92-01, Solara 99-01, and MR2 91-99. If you are looking for engine work and can't find the parts, most likely the aftermarket parts for those cars will fit becuz they all have the same engines as our cars. Hope this helps.
jdg371
ST clutch kits are like 40-60bucks more than the GTs haha
soulshadow
St are acutaly the crap versions of GT so overall, parts are mor expensive to find for them because they were made in less Qty.
Kadett
I think it also has something to do with the fact that in the USA the 6GC did not come with a 3S-GE. If it were then you had much more items for the GT version I think.

Also I think there would be alot less swappers out there if the 3S-GE was fitted, and that there would be a lot of turbo kits instead of the disonctinued Top Fuel kit that was made years ago for the 3S-GE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.