Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somethings shaking!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
DriveCelicaST
Well, when I bought my ST I didn't notice that one of my motor mounts were cracked. After 2 attempts to rescrew in with larger bolts it still didn't work. My options were to either weld a metal plate and reattach it again for about 500 total, (I had to buy a new motor mount because the old one was bad) or to just get a new tranny. Only the tranny would have a warranty on it, so I decided to get a new tranny.

Since they put on the new tranny, I've been feeling this vibration when I start the car. I feel the vibration on the pedal and the exhaust is not making a smooth of a noise as it use to. When I'm on the freeway going about 80mph and let go of the gas, I feel the vibration again, and the exhaust becomes extremely loud. On very few occasions, it runs perfectly.

I took it back to the mechanics. They test drove it with me in the passenger seat. It ran perfectly. So I said, let me drive it and I would be able to tell him when I felt the vibration etc.. It still ran perfect. Next day, it had the vibration again.

When I brought it back again, they said it might be the axels because the motor mount is rubbing on something causing the vibration.

Anyone have this problem before? I'm trying to figure out if the mechanics are lying or not. They said my car was prob in an accident that wasn't reported, which would explain why the axles need to be replaced. I also have alot of leaks which is why I kind of believe him.

Anyone got any opinions? Does it sound like they are lying?

Also, if anyone is pretty knowledgable about the Celi around the Pomona, CA area, would be greatly appreciated if you guys could check it out. I'll meet you up and treat you to lunch or something for the help.

Thanks in advanced.

-SAM
Bigmeanbulldog55
I would say to jack up the car high in the air and look at the frame. Then try to move every single brace part or anything else by hand to see if there is something loose. There is diffenatly something odd going on. I would get another machanic to look at it too, don't just get the opinion of one place. You might take it to a frame shop and have them look at it. That's all I know to tell you, good luck.
hurley97
^I agree. it could be something as simple as a loose bolt or exhaust hanger. after my swap one bolt was loose and made horrible clanking noises.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.