Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drove the Tweak'd 99 3S-GTE swap for the last time today......
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Fastbird
tongue.gif Suckers.

Drove it for the last time before having the 1/4 panel fixed FINALLY. We've had the money for about 3 weeks now from the insurance company, but one of our two other cars developed a MASSIVE oil leak that took it down for a while, and we can't survive on one car. Got it running last week, and the Celi went to the shop today.

And here's a little tidbit for you all. Was following my buddy to work today (we live within a mile of each other, so he was my ride home after dropping off the car). We're on the NJ rural roads, mostly 45's everywhere, before 7 AM so there's no traffic. We come off a two lane in a right hand turn onto a one lane (each way) road, and we're talking on the phone. My buddy says "and now it's time for Sean to experience what a 3rd gear pull is like."

BTW, my buddy was driving his bolt on, 378 RWHP 384 RWTQ 2005 GTO six speed. He recently ran a 12.96 @ 111.6 on a 2.25 60' time at Atco raceway.

He's in third at about 1500 RPM. I'm in third at about 2500 RPM. He hits it as soon as he said the above, and so did I. About 100 miles per hour later when I'm still only about 5-6 car lengths off of his bumper, I say "What!" I was tickled freaking pink at how well the little Celica that could kept up with his car. I was a little more in the powerband than he was, and it showed because it went from gaining on him down low to him pulling 3-4 QUICK car lengths on me, but once I was fully in the powerband it was a VERY slow pull he got on me.

This was purely fictional of course. biggrin.gif Looks like November 14th T&T at Atco will be when we run the Celica finally. The wife wants to try it out and I KNOW I'll take a break from flogging one of the other cars to give it a whirl once or twice.
Dr_Tweak
That aint funny, Sean. mad.gif

laugh.gif

Glad to hear that it's still running great. Time for a turbo upgrade yet? biggrin.gif
x_itchy_b_x
all this took place at the track i assume right smile.gif
GLAD to hear you like it.
Fastbird
Want to do turbo upgrade, but I just dropped a crapload on the Vette, and my motor is currently being built for my Trans Am. No turbo upgrade right now unfortunately.
easternpiro1
laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.