Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.................(56K meet your doom)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Fastbird
And we're VERY pleased with the outcome:

In progress last Saturday:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Finito!!!!!!!
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Now when's that DCW Gauge pod going to come in??? Next up: Most likely Projectors and the last half of the stereo system.
dustin15brown
looks good.... pod will be in shortly
MaskedMan
OOOOO soo nice! thumbsup.gif looks great
shin
looks sweet. i like the red
chucho
looking good. Liking the 80s MR2 too
airfron
very nice.. very, very nice biggrin.gif
netrata
WOOT! smile.gif The red speed demon is back!!
lagos
looks great. your keeping it spoilerless, right? why didnt you have them shave the holes in the hatch?
j0e_p3t
shiny
block
damn! that's way nice man! what paint code is that? is that original toyota paint job? i love it!
roelamizzle
Very nice job! Where can I get one of those 6g.net stickers?
snapshotgt
QUOTE(lagos @ Oct 24, 2006 - 6:12 PM) [snapback]495632[/snapback]

looks great. your keeping it spoilerless, right? why didnt you have them shave the holes in the hatch?

x2? It looks great though! smile.gif
Fastbird
Thanks for the positive reinforcement everyone!!!

The holes in the hatch weren't filled in because the hatch wasn't painted. I'm working on a little something something for that part of the car, slowly but surely. Think fully integrated ducktail styled spoiler if I can ever get around to making a foam mold to glass (I've had fiberglass cloth and resin sitting here for a LONG time, but never got to it) and the integrate seamlessly at the time the hatch gets the holes filled. It's starting to get dang cold here already though, so I don't know if I'll get to it anytime soon.

I have no idea who's MR2 that is. I took these pics today when we pulled in to pick the car up. I can't say enough about how pleased we are with the work, it just came out swesome.
Batman722
the car really looks great thumbsup.gif
trdproven
thats a nice red.
Fastbird
Sorry, forgot to answer the color question. It's factory 99 red.
Batman722
QUOTE(Fastbird @ Oct 24, 2006 - 9:47 PM) [snapback]495686[/snapback]

Sorry, forgot to answer the color question. It's factory 99 red.

Renaissance Red (3L2), I think
block
did a shop do it? or you did it yourself? hehe if i keep my car, it's gonna get painted 3L2 red!!!
lagos
oh, sorry... it looked like you got the whole car resprayed in those pics.
Nibbe
Nice and shiny red. Looks good like everyone else already said. And like your rims too. Good work. thumbsup.gif
IGloo
Itīs a VERY pretty car!

Like the colour very much!
Fastbird
QUOTE(lagos @ Oct 25, 2006 - 12:21 AM) [snapback]495786[/snapback]

oh, sorry... it looked like you got the whole car resprayed in those pics.

Nope. We took a real careful look at the car when it went in and decided that the rest of the paint is in good enough shape that it really doesn't warrant being repainted at this point. Just the right side from the shopping cart incident.
brianforster
how much did it cost?
Fastbird
The repair work to the quarter panel and door skin (one dent) was about $1500. I paid an extra $250 and had the entire door skin fixed of any dents and Bill (the body shop owner) went ahead and painted the front fender also since he had to blend anyway.
mzztoyota
Woohoo, my color biggrin.gif It looks good...I'm so curious now to see what you're planning for the hatch...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.