Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cops must be out to get me.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
95CelicaST
I don't know what it is, but the po-po's have been all over me lately. Tuesday night I was coming home from school and I got pulled over.. because the light that lights up the license plate was out. The funny thing is is that he was coming towards me, and then turned around and turned on his lights. How on earth could he see my rear plate from the front? confused.gif

Then Wednesday early evening the lady-friend and myself were going downtown for some food when I see a cop pull on behind me. He followed me for about 5 blocks, and then pulled me over. His reason was that I had a smoked plate holder in back. It isn't dark, but apparently to him it was illegal, and that the people who make it do so illegally. So he let me go. And I had me some mexican food.

Does this look like it is hard to read? Or illegal?
IPB Image

Anyone know how to replace a plate light? kindasad.gif
dustinkemp
I can read the plate and im blind! lol

but i dont know about cops sometimes, i mean they are there to do their jobs but they pull people over for the stupidest reason, they do it just to get a rise! lol
chucho
I talked to some cops about this one before. technically anything that completely covers the plate is illegal even if its clear. Fun stuff lol
hitcachi
Nice. I hate gettin pulled over when the lady friend is in the car. Makes me feel like a dumbass. Plate looks good, but he might have been doing it to try and catch you for other reasons. i.e. cops pull people over with broken tailights all the time and end up finding heroin. Meh...
95CelicaST
i.e. cops pull people over with broken tailights all the time and end up finding heroin. Meh...

Well I guess I'll go hide my heroin somewhere else now...DANGIT!
hurley97
technically its illegal for any part of the plate to be covered at all.
I got pulled over for not even having a plate in the front. now I keep it under my seat just in case so I can use the excuse that it just fell off.

QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Oct 26, 2006 - 8:58 PM) [snapback]496541[/snapback]

Anyone know how to replace a plate light? kindasad.gif

theres a plastic cover over each one with two screws holding each cover on. I forget what size bulb it takes but any auto parts store should have something that will tell you.
Batman722
QUOTE(hurley97 @ Oct 26, 2006 - 9:21 PM) [snapback]496562[/snapback]

I forget what size bulb it takes but any auto parts store should have something that will tell you.

168, but a 194 fits also wink.gif
ExSane
I personally know how you feel. Cops pull me over left and right and make up the most ridiculous excuses. They are just trying to stop you and see if there really is anything big of a deal for them to write you down for. If not, then they'll make up the most dumbest excuse and let you go. I'm use to it already. I don't know how it is anywhere else in the US but personally, I hate cops. I use to turn to them for help. They do their job so ridiculously that I don't even want their help anymore.
LewFX
you cannot have anything on the rear license plate...no covers of any sort, you can have a frame...you cant even have any tint of color cover.
pure_dx
QUOTE(ExSane @ Oct 26, 2006 - 11:14 PM) [snapback]496642[/snapback]

I personally know how you feel. Cops pull me over left and right and make up the most ridiculous excuses. They are just trying to stop you and see if there really is anything big of a deal for them to write you down for. If not, then they'll make up the most dumbest excuse and let you go. I'm use to it already. I don't know how it is anywhere else in the US but personally, I hate cops. I use to turn to them for help. They do their job so ridiculously that I don't even want their help anymore.

thats exactly how i feel
sinner96ST
i'm on 3 tickets right now, 1 for no motorcycle license, 1 for speeding, 1 for failure to stop at a stop sign.

it seems towards the end of the month, cops are more likely to pull you over. i'm not sure if they need to meet some kind of a quota, or what it is, but that's when i always seem to get screwed with.

my advice to you is just to get rid of the smoked plate holder, and check your plate light every now & then. if you've gotten pulled over for it once and you don't do anything about it, chances are you'll get pulled over again.
MaskedMan
I've gotten pulled over cuase my license plate lights were too dim haha. Also got pulled over becuase there was snow on the bottom of my license plate. My favorite though was when i was driving, and the lanes ahead merged into 1, so the 4runner next to me speed up and passed me and then I got pulled over for speeding as the 4runner went free... I think im at 5 tickets, BUT! i've been clean for over a year! smile.gif *knock on wood*
BlackCelicaGT94
If it was night I probably woulda had a tough time reading your plate.

I love how I get pulled over for lame crap but at 10pm I had a car next to me with no headlights on at all and a cop radaring people didnt pull that Focker over. I was so tempted to whip a U-ey and pull in to the driveway he was sitting at and be like WTF SERIOUSLY!!!!!
Toyoca
i think cops are more prone to pull over you with the tinted plate cover. i got clear ones (i like em, keep the plate clean). and i think theyre illegal here but not sure because ive been pulled over for other stuff but no cop has ever mentioned anything about the m to me
LewFX
QUOTE(Toyoca @ Oct 27, 2006 - 5:43 AM) [snapback]496723[/snapback]

i think cops are more prone to pull over you with the tinted plate cover. i got clear ones (i like em, keep the plate clean). and i think theyre illegal here but not sure because ive been pulled over for other stuff but no cop has ever mentioned anything about the m to me

even the clear ones will fade overtime
Mynzeyes
I got pulled over for drinking a root beer a few years ago. The cop thought it was a brew. I laughed at him. He said, and I qoute, "You've got a lot of cojones drinking that while driving by a cop."

As for the plate cover, I was pulled over with 2 friends in the car on the way back from a MotoX race around midnight (when I was still a teenager), and was put into the back of the cop car while they asked my friends their stories. Good times were had by all. The cop told me that the way I was going was not the way to go to get to my house. I wasn't allowed to take alternate routes. A formal complaint was filed, and nothing was done. No one cares when officers harrass teenagers. In the grand scheme of things though, it really doesn't matter.
Slick
Over here, the cops set up checkpoints on busy streets in order to get drivers to stop and harass you. They mostly check to see if your papers on in order and that the car is not stolen. If they can't get you on anything, then they plain just ask you for some cash to buy a drink. kindasad.gif They have very few police cars and its mostly to transport the police from one place to another. If you go speeding by a cop car, they won't chase you because they are on a limited gas budget and they wouldn't be able to catch you if they tried. Which at times is great, but then again, these are the people that we rely on for protection and they can't even get to the scene of the crime. Most of the time, you have to go GET a policeman and bring him to you!
pure_dx
QUOTE(Mynzeyes @ Oct 27, 2006 - 8:26 AM) [snapback]496739[/snapback]

I got pulled over for drinking a root beer a few years ago. The cop thought it was a brew. I laughed at him. He said, and I qoute, "You've got a lot of cojones drinking that while driving by a cop."

where i live, it's illegal to drink, eat, cell phone, while driving and you can be ticketed.
Toyoca
QUOTE(LewFX @ Oct 27, 2006 - 9:04 AM) [snapback]496728[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toyoca @ Oct 27, 2006 - 5:43 AM) [snapback]496723[/snapback]

even the clear ones will fade overtime

everything fades overtime. get new ones lol. ive had mine for 2 yr look brand new
chacha
It's almost the END OF THE MONTH and they must meet their Ticket QUOTA...I was harrassed yesterday by a cop too...imma go and fight it...said i was speeding and didn't even had me clock at anything at all...it was late at night and he was parked out on the curb standing on the passenger side talking to some kid he pulled on the side on a bike...i passed by and had gone at least more than 3/4 mile....he speed 80MPH accordingly to him to catch up to me...the posted speed was 50mph, i asked him how fast i was going and he just yelled at me that i was exceeding the posted limit...WTF?? my friend who was in the passenger side and I were stunned because I was only going about 50MPH, he then told me if i wanted to dispute it with him, he was willing and going to lock me up in jail and write me up for WRECKLESS DRIVING...it's all a set up when they don't meet their quota...i got ****ed up....i know cops, especially city cops or any cops for the situation cannot write you up if they can't tell you how fast you were going or clocked at...i could have arrested him under citizen arrest for speeding 80 MPH to catch up to me...he also went on talking about how he wasn't afraid to take me to court and fight me for it...he's got it all on camera...( I was like WTF????) how could he judge me at NIGHT TIME and say that i was speeding with his eyes and even if he did catch me on the camera assuming that i was speeding, the camera can't really depict if the car was only going 25MPH or 80PMH...im so MAD!!
eggman40
QUOTE(ExSane @ Oct 27, 2006 - 4:14 AM) [snapback]496642[/snapback]

yup, my friend has a white 89 crx w/ red sport max wheels. They gave him a fix it ticket saying that they are a distraction to the public rolleyes.gif that guy had to be bored
Akimbo
the truth is it's because we drive imports, and imports are constantly given bad names.

also, it doesn't matter if a cop pulls you over, fighting is harder than you think, and most of the time it just draws more attention to yourself.
95CelicaST
How am i supposed to access the bulb? from inside the hatch?
Sh0gunkid8721
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Oct 28, 2006 - 10:42 AM) [snapback]497052[/snapback]

How am i supposed to access the bulb? from inside the hatch?

look above ur liscence plates...you'll see clear, plastic covers and 2 screws on each of the covers. take phillips head and unscrew em out. takes bit of patience especially if u got bigger hands cuz they're small screws in a small space.
j0e_p3t
QUOTE(chacha @ Oct 27, 2006 - 12:07 PM) [snapback]496835[/snapback]

It's almost the END OF THE MONTH and they must meet their Ticket QUOTA...I was harrassed yesterday by a cop too...imma go and fight it...said i was speeding and didn't even had me clock at anything at all...it was late at night and he was parked out on the curb standing on the passenger side talking to some kid he pulled on the side on a bike...i passed by and had gone at least more than 3/4 mile....he speed 80MPH accordingly to him to catch up to me...the posted speed was 50mph, i asked him how fast i was going and he just yelled at me that i was exceeding the posted limit...WTF?? my friend who was in the passenger side and I were stunned because I was only going about 50MPH, he then told me if i wanted to dispute it with him, he was willing and going to lock me up in jail and write me up for WRECKLESS DRIVING...it's all a set up when they don't meet their quota...i got ****ed up....i know cops, especially city cops or any cops for the situation cannot write you up if they can't tell you how fast you were going or clocked at...i could have arrested him under citizen arrest for speeding 80 MPH to catch up to me...he also went on talking about how he wasn't afraid to take me to court and fight me for it...he's got it all on camera...( I was like WTF????) how could he judge me at NIGHT TIME and say that i was speeding with his eyes and even if he did catch me on the camera assuming that i was speeding, the camera can't really depict if the car was only going 25MPH or 80PMH...im so MAD!!

what an *sshole. that's so bs.
o0black0o
I have Red LEDs for my licence plate light. No cops pulled me over yet. but it looks cool as ****.
Griff
i have noticed, the more exterior stuff i do to my car...the more i get pulled, and rarely is it speeding. We take chances with having an import, and the more we modify it, the more we get profiled, but i only have one ticket worth 2 points now...although ive been pulled many more. i get my kit put on monday...that should spice it up a little bit.
Bitter
since i dont act like a jackass (not saying all of you do), dress poor, my car looks ****ty, and sounds like its lost its muffler (well it has, but i bet they think it rusted off) i dont seem to get any attention. my car is just another crappy looking 4 door with a poor looking driver.
confucious
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Oct 26, 2006 - 8:11 PM) [snapback]496554[/snapback]

i.e. cops pull people over with broken tailights all the time and end up finding heroin. Meh...

Well I guess I'll go hide my heroin somewhere else now...DANGIT!

These "BS" stops lead to DUIS and people transporting heroin. Let the DEA/FBI do their job, and the street patrollers to do theirs.

Cops DO NOT have quotas. It is ILLEGAL to do so. Learn your facts.
i could have arrested him under citizen arrest for speeding 80 MPH to catch up to me

hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahaha. hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahha. oh man, thank you. that is one of the funniest things i've EVER heard. where do you get these ideas? in our state, it is legal to exceed the speed limit without lights for many reasons, one of so being obtaining evidence of speed violations.
Jen
okay. officially it's not called a quota. it's just on a point system.
confucious
QUOTE(Jen @ Oct 28, 2006 - 7:48 PM) [snapback]497147[/snapback]

okay. officially it's not called a quota. it's just on a point system.

we'll just say SOME (not all) jurisdictions base your performance on how many citations are issued over the course of a month.
ExSane
QUOTE(chacha @ Oct 27, 2006 - 2:07 PM) [snapback]496835[/snapback]

That can be faught! That arshole just pulled you over for their Ticket Quota like you said. You know why he said that he was gonna write you down for wreckless driving instead of speeding? One, either he didn't clock you and it only makes sense that he would speed to catchup to you when you are freakin 2 miles away. And second, becuz you weren't speeding and was trying to find something to write you for and "wreckless" driving has nothing to do with speeding. "AGRESSIVE" driving does! Me saying that would just make the cop feel salty. And if he decides to be an arshole about the whole situation, I'll ask for his badge number, and I'll fight it. And I will demand offensive EVIDENCE, in your case the "video", in the court room while it is session.

Oh yeah, a good friend of mine is a city cop here in Orlando. I've known him since middle school. Even he hates cops. He told me, "But hey, someone's gotta do the dirty work."
XS4lv1Truch0x
lol i remember watching the news saying that cops are filing complaints against themselves cause they feel "forced" to give tickets, it was on FOX and yea, i guess they get a raise when they give the most tickets.
chacha
it is sad, but i talked to some of my buddies who have familes/friends who are cops...they told me to also fight it in court, because they strongly believe he was probably ticked off by some earlier event and i was the lucky duck to be shot down...in california...you can do a citizen arrest on a cop if the situation is jusitifiable...just like the example of that cop speeding at 80 MPH to catch me and write me a ticket...friends of mine who are cops also told me it is legal to do a citizen arrest if the event calls for it...i think i should have, but either way...he'll lose for sure, accordingly 99% of people...smile.gif
confucious
QUOTE(chacha @ Oct 29, 2006 - 2:37 AM) [snapback]497232[/snapback]

it is sad, but i talked to some of my buddies who have familes/friends who are cops...they told me to also fight it in court, because they strongly believe he was probably ticked off by some earlier event and i was the lucky duck to be shot down...in california...you can do a citizen arrest on a cop if the situation is jusitifiable...just like the example of that cop speeding at 80 MPH to catch me and write me a ticket...friends of mine who are cops also told me it is legal to do a citizen arrest if the event calls for it...i think i should have, but either way...he'll lose for sure, accordingly 99% of people...smile.gif

well according to me, it is 100% legal to speed in order to catch speeders. i suppose cops are just supposed to let everyone get away if they are going fast and won't be able to catch them huh? if you think logically what you are saying, you'll get it.

i triple dog dare you to attempt to put a cop under citizens arrest
one of two things will happen
1.) you will give the cop a laugh of a lifetime, he'll take you "seriously" call over another cop, tell him what happened, and his buddy will receieve the laugh of a lifetime as well.
2.) you will receive an ass kicking for putting your hands on a police officer
D_Dawg
pretty sure to speed they have to put their lights on. i follow them when they speed without lights.
confucious
QUOTE(D_Dawg @ Oct 29, 2006 - 8:24 PM) [snapback]497392[/snapback]

pretty sure to speed they have to put their lights on. i follow them when they speed without lights.

wrong. ever heard of a "silent emergency"?

ps cops can radar behind them if the squad is equipped right. its quite fun to do cuz people think like you...
D_Dawg
suck left. just voicing an opinion. maybe i am wrong and i didnt know silent applied to lights? maybe sirens? but lights? i think i get where ur comming from tho.
confucious
QUOTE(D_Dawg @ Oct 29, 2006 - 8:38 PM) [snapback]497401[/snapback]

suck left. just voicing an opinion. maybe i am wrong and i didnt know silent applied to lights? maybe sirens? but lights? i think i get where ur comming from tho.

you were not voicing an opinion you were voicing an incorrect fact and i was merely correcting you. so, not maybe you are wrong, yes you are wrong. silent does apply to lights because a silent emergency is when no one needs to know you are coming. i.e. domestic abuse, crime in progress, etc.

im not quite sure what "suck left" is either?
D_Dawg
I sensed a condescending tone in ur first response so I was a little negative in my reply. My opinion was that I was pretty sure they needed to have lights on while speeding for any reason. I used “pretty sure” to avoid presenting it as a fact. Can I ask if u are a cop, u always seem to know alot about these situations in post like these.
XS4lv1Truch0x
goodness gracious confucious, banned 4 a week and still trying to argue with people, an opinion does not ALWAYS have to be correct!

there is no right or wrong answer to an opinion.
confucious
QUOTE(XS4lv1Truch0x @ Oct 29, 2006 - 9:36 PM) [snapback]497424[/snapback]

goodness gracious confucious, banned 4 a week and still trying to argue with people, an opinion does not ALWAYS have to be correct!

but you missed the whole part that it wasn't his opinion, he was stating an incorrect fact.

thats like me saying "you are a 12 year old" and you posting back saying, "no, i'm 15"

and no, i wasn't banned???
slvr_celica_GT_816
yeah i got pulled over for no reason the day before yesturday
XS4lv1Truch0x
QUOTE(confucious @ Oct 29, 2006 - 6:55 PM) [snapback]497428[/snapback]

QUOTE(XS4lv1Truch0x @ Oct 29, 2006 - 9:36 PM) [snapback]497424[/snapback]

but you missed the whole part that it wasn't his opinion, he was stating an incorrect fact.

thats like me saying "you are a 12 year old" and you posting back saying, "no, i'm 15"

and no, i wasn't banned???

1 week ban, or what you want me to call it in high school terms so that you could understand, suspended?

why do you back cops up so much, every cop forum you somehow just come out of nowhere and try to cause chaos by continually arguing with people, just stop.

and how dare you come back to this site after disrespecting mods like in your post segregation post.

since you love authority and cops, that means you should also love mods.

same concept, just call the mods the "COPS" of these forums.

love em? i think not, same concept here with the COPS, we dont liek them but we like the mods biggrin.gif
chacha
lol...needed a good luagh, wink.gif
confucious
QUOTE(XS4lv1Truch0x @ Oct 30, 2006 - 12:51 AM) [snapback]497483[/snapback]

1 week ban, or what you want me to call it in high school terms so that you could understand, suspended?

why do you back cops up so much, every cop forum you somehow just come out of nowhere and try to cause chaos by continually arguing with people, just stop.

and how dare you come back to this site after disrespecting mods like in your post segregation post.

love em? i think not, same concept here with the COPS, we dont liek them but we like the mods biggrin.gif

I wasn't banned? Where would you get that idea?

Mods are not cops of this forum. They face no stressful situations, are not sworn to uphold laws, have no arrest powers, do not investigate crime, etc.

Mods are more like citizens signed up for the neighborhood watch program.

Also, why do you continue to call me out? Are you asking for more trouble?
Bitter
confucious is correct, police and other emergency vehicles can speed to an emergency or traffic stop WITHOUT their lights and sirens on. they often do this in residential areas when its very late or very early so that they do no disturb the whole area, if its a nice area theres an additional reason, its in their best interest not to make a scene because people may be scared away if the cops come blaring through with lights and sirens on at 2am a few times a month.
confucious
QUOTE(Bitter @ Oct 30, 2006 - 12:41 PM) [snapback]497582[/snapback]

confucious is correct, police and other emergency vehicles can speed to an emergency or traffic stop WITHOUT their lights and sirens on. they often do this in residential areas when its very late or very early so that they do no disturb the whole area, if its a nice area theres an additional reason, its in their best interest not to make a scene because people may be scared away if the cops come blaring through with lights and sirens on at 2am a few times a month.

finally, someone NOT out to get me.
sirzachaeis
i got a ticket for accedentally pulling into a truck stop on the way home from florida (apparently their speed limit is 15) so while i was rearranging my luggage, the pig rolled up and bitched me out. the ticket was 3 hundred something. i mailed in a money order and proof of a class to keep it off the record. 2 weeks ago i got a npotice saying i didnt pay and my license is revoked. i have 5 days to fix this...goddamned santa rosa police dept.
XS4lv1Truch0x
QUOTE(confucious @ Oct 30, 2006 - 9:13 AM) [snapback]497575[/snapback]

QUOTE(XS4lv1Truch0x @ Oct 30, 2006 - 12:51 AM) [snapback]497483[/snapback]

I wasn't banned? Where would you get that idea?

Mods are not cops of this forum. They face no stressful situations, are not sworn to uphold laws, have no arrest powers, do not investigate crime, etc.

Mods are more like citizens signed up for the neighborhood watch program.

Also, why do you continue to call me out? Are you asking for more trouble?

if thye are citizens, just like you and me than you should respect them, they did nothing to you.

oh and p.s i cant even WALK home without a cop shining their blinding interrogation light at me for no reason. true story

oh and mods do have more power, can you bann me? nope dont think so, can a mod ban me? yup.

see, so they are not the neighborhood watch program, we are. mods make sure we follow the rules just like cops do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.