Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG! ITS CRAZY HERE IN CHARLOTTE
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
easternpiro1
import scene in charlotte

need i say more...ITS CRAZY HERE IN CHARLOTTE!

if you want to see more stories go to wsoctv.com and click on the news channels (ch 9 14 and 3) frown.gif mad.gif mad.gif

innocent people got caught up in it too...thank god my alternator belt popped that nite. CMPD have been video taping for the past 3-4 months on last saturday they were taking peoples cars that had no VIN number on their trannys or engines that matched the car (duh most people swapped) some people who did their swap LEGIT had cars taken, and were only sitting in the parking lot NOT intending to race SO DONT FLAME. I tried to warn people to quit being asses, but everybody knows the person is smart but people are dumb...group think at its finest ladies and gentlemen...and CMPD seems pretty proud.

ALOT of the stuff reported was exaggerated and misinterpreted.

charlotte2
trd94
that is crazy , i think that is the biggest reason why i turboed the 7a and did not do the swap ,all i have to do is pass a emissions test, and try to stay carb legal.
hurley97
holy crap did you see the name on that first guy they interviewed! lol
easternpiro1
YEAH when he said his name i said ARE YOU SERIOUS???? i set up that interview because i was angry that alot of innocent people got nicked.... i was going to do the interview but i got nervous and told him to be the mouthpiece...i was wearing the number 7 jersey in the back ground, and i parked my car behind the truck. they took a pic of my car anyway and integrated my picture along with the cars that got towed! people callingme saying matt did they take your car?!?!? mad.gif

we were misrepresented. i should have spoke.
Toyoca
how do i watch those. they dont work for me
macavely
Damn i Have to get speakers for this computer at work .. laugh.gif
behindthesmile
lol atleast they can get the car back... the law here in ontario is if your caught street racing they crush your car infront of you
easternpiro1
nah theyre going to sell the cars. probably to someone thats going to do the same thing lol. i hear its crazy in toronto and ontario...but dont they have alternatives for you guys? like tracks? the closest 8th mile track here is almost an hour away WAAAAY in the country! the closest 1/4th mile is in at the rockingham 1.5 hours away...WAAAAY in the country.

im trying to organize a way to get nascars attention, maybe we can use some part of lowe's motor speedway (10min away)
XS4lv1Truch0x
QUOTE(hurley97 @ Nov 6, 2006 - 5:30 PM) [snapback]500086[/snapback]

his name is jdm literally.

but damn, thats krazy.
sinner96ST
oh well.

rice will attract cops, let alone meeting at a shopping mall on a saturday night with probably over 100 people, at least.

the droning of fartcan exhausts on dozens of civics can be heard from miles around, and people wonder why the cops came & busted all of them. had they kept the meets small (like people do around here) this wouldn't have been an issue.
Chanh55
Wow...
easternpiro1
wink.gif biggrin.gif i think charlotte is a little bigger than aurora... also a border city, attracts people from south carolina
sinner96ST
chicago has over 3 million people living in just the city alone, it's the 3rd most populated city in the US. include the 9 1/2 million people who are surrounding the city, and suddenly you've got more than the entire population of both south & north carolina combined.

trust me, i've seen huge meets. they're just asking for trouble. people here use various regional midwestern boards to set up small (10-20 people) races, and nobody ever gets busted. it's when you start meeting at public malls with 4-5 parking lots full of rice, that the cops start showing interest.

last year they had an NBC dateline crew following a bunch of people around, filming them racing then calling the cops. so, people started breaking off in to smaller groups, NBC lost interest, and nobody got busted.
easternpiro1
oh my bad i thought it was aurora IN. oops laugh.gif
dustinkemp
thats some crazy stuff! good thing you werent there, or you might not have a car! lol
spolski07
video wont work for me!!
easternpiro1
go to wsoctv.com and look on the left click channel 9 or 14, 3 they should have it there on those news sites
easternpiro1
here is another clip, shows how the bust went down and people racing in a business park called woodland. dont think i was there that day
the news highly exaggerated people being drunk.

im still waiting for an alternative...anybody here from san diego?the bust
Jaws4God
matt man please be careful.. no need to get your car impounded after you did so much work to it...

this is why I don't even go to them.. no need to risk it...

but this does worry me for our NC meet.. hope they don't try to crash that for some stupid reason frown.gif
Sh0gunkid8721
QUOTE(hurley97 @ Nov 6, 2006 - 6:30 PM) [snapback]500086[/snapback]

Khanthanou Phengphongsavan

Thats a pretty cool name
easternpiro1
QUOTE(Jaws4God @ Nov 6, 2006 - 11:31 PM) [snapback]500152[/snapback]

matt man please be careful.. no need to get your car impounded after you did so much work to it...

this is why I don't even go to them.. no need to risk it...

but this does worry me for our NC meet.. hope they don't try to crash that for some stupid reason frown.gif

dont worry jaws, they only go after the people who were racing. i wasnt racing at all and my car wasnt even here for a month wink.gif and as far as the meet they wont bother us we havent done anything wrong. CMPD was trying to look good on tv and prove a point with no healthy alternatives.

QUOTE(Sh0gunkid8721 @ Nov 6, 2006 - 11:38 PM) [snapback]500153[/snapback]

QUOTE(hurley97 @ Nov 6, 2006 - 6:30 PM) [snapback]500086[/snapback]

Khanthanou Phengphongsavan

Thats a pretty cool name

yeah i think its pronounced like: can thou ping pong savin...
pure_dx
why do you guys do it in busy streets? ofcourse the 5.0 is gonna bust yall asses! find a quiet out-in-the-country road somewhere and stay away from ppl yo! dont attract the cops!

edit: wtf was that wheel shop guy talking about? we dont put 26-30 inch wheels on our rides =\
easternpiro1
QUOTE(pure_dx @ Nov 6, 2006 - 11:52 PM) [snapback]500157[/snapback]

why do you guys do it in busy streets? ofcourse the 5.0 is gonna bust yall asses! find a quiet out-in-the-country road somewhere and stay away from ppl yo! dont attract the cops!

edit: wtf was that wheel shop guy talking about? we dont put 26-30 inch wheels on our rides =\

thats what i was talking about! people got on the news and didnt know what they were talking about and made it worse! and u know the news staff dont know or care whats really going on so they interview anybody!

and the roads are secluded where they decide to race, its just that there are ALOT of people that go to watch (i only hear about people racing on the highway i dont do it or ride anywhere near people that do theyre asking 4 it)
pure_dx
i understand, but everyone gathered up at the mall is just too risky. Gather up somewhere else!
DomGT
Yeah this sucks, the 31 year old guy, that they say organized the racing, is from my 3000GT/Stealth forum.
tim86
just another useless attempt to stop street racing... its everywhere and charlotte thinks they can end it for good! lol
kamax
the most they can get these guy on is for illegal mets or loitering, since they weren't caught doing anything illegal. maybe give them a few fix it ticket or something
eggman40
street racing= bad decission... But if the local government finds it a major problem then they should do something more productive about. they should build more tracks. And i dont mean tracks that support 6 sec funny cars, just enough for daily driven cars to get their fix. the city could make more money out of it and help prevent tragic accidents on crappy roads. Its kinda hard to crash when racing in a straight line with no median on some smoth tarmac.

Just like we have tax funded programs that shelter homeless, drug addicted teens and such, they should build a place for people that want to race. And it cant cost gobs of money to run a track. apparently they think its a problem so they should do something about it.

we have about 3 tracks in so cal available to the public that are affordable, thats pretty week seeing as how the import scene here is HUGE!

Man this irritates me so much..... sorry guys just ranting.

sinner96ST
i couldn't imagine having some highly modified turbo'd import, and never taking it to a track day or doing anything but riding on the streets.

therein lies the problem, people love adding **** to their car, but have absolutely nowhere to take it. i don't really see tons of circuit tracks here in the states, mostly they're just 1/4 strips, and those get boring pretty quick.

i've seriously considered opening up a circuit track here in Illinois for sport bikes & cars, but unfortunately, we're talking about a metric ton of money to get something like that started, and there isn't any guarantee on the investment.

people want to ride on tracks, but then they realize how expensive it is, and just keep it on the streets instead. if you race in public, you risk losing your license & all kinds of other stuff. impounded cars, legal fees, jail time.. it sucks.

there just needs to be more affordable circuit/tracks around, then people would have an outlet for driving like an asshole.
Jaws4God
I hear ya.. why pay when you can do it free with a bunch of friends in a back alley? or major interstate?

But I think a lot of it has to do with the danger of getting caught.. makes it more fun to know you could get caught at any moment..
illneversellmycelli
typical cmpd state revenue colletors.....they harass ot serve in protect, the should spend this much effort on cathcing carjacker, crackheads and bank robbers we see all the time instead of messing with young people who dont know any better. I mean take their license that's a privledge but to take their care is about the msot unfair thing ever and should be unconsitutional
illneversellmycelli
and they have been doing that sence i ever can remmeber anyway, i mean racing down their, you should of seen it b4 they copleted that secton of i-485, i need to wtach the report but aint this down by regal of hwy 51 matthew area?
illneversellmycelli
well everytime a track is built the cops sit outside of it like buzzards in the desert waiting for you do die. last time i was at mooresville dragway i pulled out to turn right but didint see a car comng around the curve go i gunned it and squalled the tires to avoid a wreck, cop pulled me over and tried to give me a wreckless drving ticket and speeding, cuz the limit is 35 outside the track. anyway lawyer got it dropped but still waste of money. should be entrapment, just like when cops hang outside the bar and give u a dui when you leave, no sh*t their drinking they just left a bar, i jst hate cops, a cop has never done anything good for me ever
illneversellmycelli
k last post for now, i'm jst glad my car is still stock and aint fast enuff to race lol, but i still ike to hang around all the fast cars
Valo666
QUOTE(behindthesmile @ Nov 6, 2006 - 8:39 PM) [snapback]500090[/snapback]

lol atleast they can get the car back... the law here in ontario is if your caught street racing they crush your car infront of you

Ur kinda right paul. Its that if you get convicted with street racing, you have to paid the fine for all the charges, pay the fine for keeping your car in the impound lot, and also pay to get your car out of the impound lot, and if you cant pay for that, then its a forfet of assests. Then the cops take your car and crush it. But kinda the same thing.

Thats rediculus. They have tryed sooo many busts like that here in Ontario, every year for the last, 7 or 8 years except last year theres a big big big import car show (similar to HIN and NOPI minus the racing) called DKN (Dark Knights Nationals). Every year on the way back from the show, there would be over 1000 officers pulling people over, there would be viechle check points, and thousands and thousands of tickets would be given out. These guys will pull over any one and every one no matter what they are driving. I got pulled over in my rental sunfire 2 years ago when my celi was in the shop, and they wanted to search it for "illegal power adders and contraban". the year b4 that i was coming back with my ex gf in her stock RSX except for an air intake and we had to go to a vechicle inspection station. They ran all the vins, serial #s on every thing in the car and tried to give us a ticket for having an AEM short ram in it. They claimed it was an illegal power adder and it would be a $170 charge, even though they are fulled DOT and street legal. Toronto Cops have been trying to do the same thing with street racers for years. They even did a documentary on street racing in toronto for some tv network. Its rediculus. No matter how much they try and crack down, no matter how many cars are seized, its still gonna happen. Personaly, I dont approve of street racing, and i am compeletly for harse punishment for ppl who do race, but cops have to relize its never gonna stop. And they should also relize that sometimes people just like to have a car thats modified. This is why i havent done any car exterior modifcations to my car. People see exterior modifcations and automaticly think theres gonna be mods under the hood. Any ways, thats my $0.02
illneversellmycelli
ha jsut watched the report i know that guy, he went to my school and works at intense on amity lol crazy
easternpiro1
i totally agree, no body has anywhere to go. who the hell wants to drive an hour away and pay 17 dollars?!?!? charlotte is a big racing city (nascar hall of fame being built) and lowes motor speedway. there are PLENTY of auto X tracks improvised once a month! lets get a strip going!!!!
illneversellmycelli
yeah i'd luv to help set one up!, i've been saying this for years lol, but nothing ever happens
Agent21
Hmm let see here Mooresville (Race City USA), Charlotte area consisting of how many NASCAR teams? For christ sake people drive their Nextel Cup cars down the road to shake them down before a race. This is pitiful. Before 485 was complete it was a 5 lane masterpiece of speed. That section between the speedway and mathews is still very very nice. I can remember many a late college night on that road.
easternpiro1
QUOTE(Agent21 @ Nov 7, 2006 - 8:28 PM) [snapback]500394[/snapback]

Hmm let see here Mooresville (Race City USA), Charlotte area consisting of how many NASCAR teams? For christ sake people drive their Nextel Cup cars down the road to shake them down before a race. This is pitiful. Before 485 was complete it was a 5 lane masterpiece of speed. That section between the speedway and mathews is still very very nice. I can remember many a late college night on that road.

awww agent21, you must have not been reading the charlotte observer! they said in mondays paper that we leave rea road and race on 485 at speeds of 165 mph... im sick of not having a place to go. Mooresville is too far away.
Lovo
i know this is old, but i feel like stating Khanthanou Phengphongsavan is my cousin in law tongue.gif
ILuvMyCelica95
n/m i didnt realize how old this is
easternpiro1
QUOTE(Lovo @ Mar 27, 2007 - 9:27 PM) [snapback]540472[/snapback]

i know this is old, but i feel like stating Khanthanou Phengphongsavan is my cousin in law tongue.gif

i remember that dude! hes crazy lol tell him that the green celica guy is looking for him and his guys!

QUOTE(ILuvMyCelica95 @ Mar 28, 2007 - 9:59 AM) [snapback]540596[/snapback]

n/m i didnt realize how old this is

its alright! youre always welome!
SxiCeli82
There's a reason why the police are on you guys like that. Street racing is an irresponsible hobby that should be contained.
easternpiro1
QUOTE(SxiCeli82 @ Apr 4, 2007 - 6:56 PM) [snapback]543233[/snapback]

There's a reason why the police are on you guys like that. Street racing is an irresponsible hobby that should be contained.

nobody was street racing at that moment in time. and there were people who had nothing to do with the pre-aranged races that got their cars taken. kindasad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.