Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Water in my cylinders
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
n1ckz0r
okay, a couple of days ago my car started acting funny, not accelerating passed 2,000 RPM... Not starting up nicely. It sputters, it spits, it jumps, however at idle the RPM stays steady at 800-900RPM. The rpms dont jump around much at all. Its getting to the point where its starting to not go passed maybe 1900RPM. we pulled the plug cables and fount water around the top of the 3,4th cylinders! Can anybody tell me what this means, if this could be the problem, and how to fix it. At first I thought it was Fuel Filter being all clogged so i changed that but it did nothing for me. frown.gif HELP!
Rayme
You mean you have water in the sparkplug holes????
Slick
I had that once. One of the plug cables wasn't seated fully when i washed the engine and water seaped into the plug chamber. it took a while but i managed to remove the plug, used a rag to clean out the chamber and a keyboard vaccum (ruined it, but it was worth the sacrifice!). It was fine afterwards.
tin_foil
You might be in big trouble. Best case senerio is what slick said. Worst is somehow you managed to suck water into your engine through your air intake, and maybe hydro locked your engine. Water doesn't compress like air does, so when that happens often times something breaks......like piston rods.....or cylinder walls.....so you might need a new engine. Don't mind my excessive pessimism, this just happed to a friend of mines car right after we spent most of the summer putting a new engine in it...life sucks.....wink.gif
soulshadow
Shop vacs works like wonders.
Slick
QUOTE(soulshadow @ Dec 3, 2006 - 8:27 PM) [snapback]507411[/snapback]

Shop vacs works like wonders.

Note to self: Add to christmas wish list (must...buy....shopvac....)

laugh.gif
n1ckz0r
lawls, thanks guys. Problem already solved, the shopvac idea is amazing wish i thought about that before sucking otu the water by mouth, not really (would have made a cool story however) what I really did was drive the car until the engine was warm, the stop at a resturant or some place and pull the plug cables letting the steam come out and evaporate. What i think was happening was the spark plugs werent fireing becuase the water was conducting the electricity to the plug well. O_O Worked fine after letting the steam out about 4 times... Thank you all for your help
celicast3sgte
heh i guess thats one way to do it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.