Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multi monitors
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
afroman
Im not sure if it is even possible but i would like to watch video in full screen mode streched across both monitors, as iff it were 1 wide screen monitor. i have 2 ViewSonic VP171b standard 17 inch monitors, a Geforce4 4400 video card. ive got the hole 2 monitors working in extended desktop, i just want widescreen video. any answer is appreciated.
-Aaron-
hitcachi
My old room mate Dave can set it up for you or help you out in any way. We used to play Elder Scrolls Oblivion in widescreen on both of his 19 in. Veiwsonics, and watch movies, but it would get "shrunk down" near the middle. Im not sure if you have a good enough vid card to do it. let me know and I can call him.
Crzybakerdog
this might not really help your cause but you could go out and buy a huge monitor like 27" or 32" most can be had for around 500-650. thats what i did smile.gif
Fate
i have this hook up, i used to be able to stretch vids across the monitor...something happened and i can't do it anymore/i think you need a special played.
DriveCelicaST
Not a good idea to connect 2 monitors together to watch becasue there will be a gap in the movie. Where the 2 monitors connect, there will be a 1 or 2 inch gap. But if you stil want to do that. Hook one monitor up to the computer and the other to the graphics card.

Then right click your desktop and go to properties>settings and then click on the advanced tab. Click the display tab. Then set the monitor accordingly and your done.
afroman
QUOTE(DriveCelicaST @ Dec 4, 2006 - 12:40 PM) [snapback]507688[/snapback]

Not a good idea to connect 2 monitors together to watch becasue there will be a gap in the movie. Where the 2 monitors connect, there will be a 1 or 2 inch gap. But if you stil want to do that. Hook one monitor up to the computer and the other to the graphics card.

Then right click your desktop and go to properties>settings and then click on the advanced tab. Click the display tab. Then set the monitor accordingly and your done.

i already have it in extended desktop, i have been running 2 monitors just fine its when you watch a movie wmp doesnt let you stretch the movie across the 2 screen. but either way i figured it out. i just am using VLC player with a forced aspect ratio of 260:100. works just fine. as for the gap its not as big of a deal as i thought it was going to be.
-Aaron-
creis
^ Hmm pretty sure wmp does let you do that. lets me do it anyway...

ps: VLC player rocks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.