Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DYNO run tomorow :D
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
doGGy
Well Finally - im out to the Dyno tomorow - to get the baseline dyno, and to see what i will gain up with some things that i have planed for my Beamsy.

I dont know what to expect from a compleatly stock engine (exept CAT is removed and TRD drop it is in the stock box). I would be more then gald if it would pull the stock 197hp numbers.

Driving it fells like it has more then enouth of Tq and Hp. Comparing this celi to my Old ST-T - there is not so much different - exept less wheel spin on the SSIII cuz of the LSD that i have in there biggrin.gif And ofcorse the difference in Tq that my Turbo 7A had.

One thing that bother me time after time is abit too loud sound of the Valves i guess. is it normal on the 3Sge? Cuz the engine when it is cold - the clicking sound is kinda strange to me, when it warms up - it quets down - but still my 7A wasnt giving such sound at all... My beams has 86K km on it and by the look to the car it doesnt seems like it was driven hard before - cuz the driver of this car in Japan was some mid age women, so the only thing that was dead when i got the car was Clutch

O well - tomorow i will see what this beast can do. Will post chart for sure.
lagos
dont worry about any type of valve tick. its all totally normal for toyotas. if the noise goes away when the car warms up, then thats and even better sign.
if you hear anything thats really loud at start up, then it could be a cracked manifold or something on the motor.

good luck at the dyno. bring a video camera ! what type of dyno is it? make sure you post the results in HP and TQ and not some crazy NM reading or something ...hahaha
Coomer
My valves tick as well, and have for years...I don't worry about it. smile.gif

I'm excited to see the dyno results. smile.gif
doGGy
QUOTE(lagos @ Dec 4, 2006 - 12:40 PM) [snapback]507711[/snapback]

dont worry about any type of valve tick. its all totally normal for toyotas. if the noise goes away when the car warms up, then thats and even better sign.
if you hear anything thats really loud at start up, then it could be a cracked manifold or something on the motor.

good luck at the dyno. bring a video camera ! what type of dyno is it? make sure you post the results in HP and TQ and not some crazy NM reading or something ...hahaha

Lol about Tq haha i never understud how to convert the Nm into Lbs of Tq or somthing biggrin.gif And Euro HP and US hp are all the same lol

Dyno is V-Tech VT-4 Inertic one. So the numbers will be on the Crank.
Bigmeanbulldog55
Good luck, man. I forgot you bought a Beams. 200hp at the crank would be pretty for the ~2400lbs or 1090kg.
doGGy
well came home like 5 mins before biggrin.gif Im not surprised - and was hoping to get these numbers. And rules then going to the dyno (note to myself biggrin.gif):

1. Never go to Dyno with witer tires - they will give you big loss of power and big loss of the transmission.
2. next time instead of using 95 octane fuel - put the DAMN 98 on with Jap engines suposto run...

Here are the Curve and numbers, they are not impressive at all - but its a stock engine - and i was just making the base line to work with so yea smile.gif i could manage to get about 5hp if i where on the normal tires - and i think bout 3-4hp if i where on 98 fuel instead of 95.

And i was running damn rich all the way - why is it so - no one knows yet... Numbers on wideband at the 7400rpm where close to 10.2 so yea kindasad.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

well - now im going to get back to my garage - and start the things rolling on the Engine biggrin.gif For now - i can tell only few things of what is upcoming - MSQ + somthing that gives a pure perfect sound of breathing N/A engine biggrin.gif what is it - you can only guess...

brianforster
thats like a 176 hp right?
doGGy
QUOTE(brianforster @ Dec 5, 2006 - 7:15 AM) [snapback]507924[/snapback]

thats like a 176 hp right?

Yup - only its 178hp

as for the Nm converte to Lbs of Tq - some one find the damn converter and convert it biggrin.gif
celicaST
QUOTE(doGGy @ Dec 5, 2006 - 7:14 AM) [snapback]507923[/snapback]

somthing that gives a pure perfect sound of breathing N/A engine biggrin.gif what is it - you can only guess...

im guessing itb's, thats going to be awesome smile.gif
doGGy
QUOTE(celicaST @ Dec 5, 2006 - 7:29 AM) [snapback]507928[/snapback]

QUOTE(doGGy @ Dec 5, 2006 - 7:14 AM) [snapback]507923[/snapback]

somthing that gives a pure perfect sound of breathing N/A engine biggrin.gif what is it - you can only guess...

im guessing itb's, thats going to be awesome smile.gif

damn i guess i made this guess way to easy biggrin.gif wink.gif
95CelicaST
damn i guess i made this guess way to easy

Yeah ITB's were the first thing that came to me.
Kadett
To convert lb/ft to nm multiply by 1.35
To convert nm to lb/ft multiply by 0.74

Or use this website

http://www.dyno-plot.co.uk/dyno/calculators.htm

No you dont have to thank me smile.gif
playr158
itbs, some cams?, better fuel smile.gif

but those lines look very nice across the graph
netrata
An ITB setup would be a sick setup for the BEAMS 3sge biggrin.gif You guys seen that 3sge with ITBs online?

Here's the link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=55...=3sge&hl=en

It ain't a BEAMS, but it still sounds good.
Kadett
Its no beams because you can clearly see the sparkwires running on top of the valve cover.

Your right it sound GREAT just curious in what kind of car it is place. Big engine bay, Rav4?
lagos
so its about 178hp and 144 tq at the wheels? not bad for an NA 4cyl.
Bigmeanbulldog55
Doesn't the 3sge come with ITB in the manifold? How much could you really pick up with a pod filter set up? I seen a picture of the 3sge manifold and it had little throttle plates in it, one per cylinder. I don't know what else they could have been. Those are good numbers for a motor that is older and stock.
Kadett
Those are butterfly valve's used in the T-Vis system of the 2nd gen 3S-GE.
3rd gen 3S-GE had a ACIS system which had special designed manifold tubes to create a resonance or something like that to increase air speed traveling through the intake.
lagos
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Dec 5, 2006 - 4:32 PM) [snapback]508079[/snapback]

Doesn't the 3sge come with ITB in the manifold? How much could you really pick up with a pod filter set up? I seen a picture of the 3sge manifold and it had little throttle plates in it, one per cylinder. I don't know what else they could have been. Those are good numbers for a motor that is older and stock.

thats the tvis system. the 3sgte has it as well. at 4grand they open up to let more air in for better top end.
Kwanza26
There is a slight problem if you plan to run ITBs... the MAF.
netrata
Kwanza was right! There is a AFM on the BEAMS:( So I guess the only thing to do is to run an aftermarket ecu and tune it so it can still utilize the vvt-i system. And Doggy might need to find a way to hook up a MAP sensor to replace the AFM. Bad part is that he might have to redo some of the wiring to connect the map sensor and find a way to tap into the engines vac. source. Hopefully the BEAMS has a vacuum rail like the 20v 4age engines.
Kwanza26
QUOTE(netrata @ Dec 6, 2006 - 12:27 AM) [snapback]508130[/snapback]

Kwanza was right! There is a AFM on the BEAMS:( So I guess the only thing to do is to run an aftermarket ecu and tune it so it can still utilize the vvt-i system. And Doggy might need to find a way to hook up a MAP sensor to replace the AFM. Bad part is that he might have to redo some of the wiring to connect the map sensor and find a way to tap into the engines vac. source. Hopefully the BEAMS has a vacuum rail like the 20v 4age engines.

That's only if he wants to run open ITBs. Having a MAF not designed to handle ITBs just complicates tuning...
BLADDER_MASTER
doGGy
QUOTE(Kwanza26 @ Dec 5, 2006 - 3:28 PM) [snapback]508094[/snapback]

There is a slight problem if you plan to run ITBs... the MAF.

MegaSquirt + Map conversion. The only way what is posible for reasonable money.

UKcelicaKev
Put your higher octance fuel in, it makes so much difference.

and your right winter tyres for Dyno run prehaps not a good idea.

I ve de catted mine and running 98 octance fuel with lightweight pullies and i m getting nearer 200 bhp.

Also disconnect the aircon unit there is near 5 bhp without that.

Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.