Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ST V6 engine swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Jeremy1210
I really would like to swap in the 1997-2000 solara v6 engine since it has 200hp/214lbs tq. I want to know everything that I need to make the swap. I know a few things, but I am not sure on others... correct me if I am wrong. Also, on the parts, please let me know what car it should to come from (ie Celica gt or camry)

Axels- yes
engine mounts- yes
rear brake conversion- yes
ecu- yes
tranny- yes
exhaust-yes
sway bars-??
struts-??
radiator-??
A/C- ?? (will mine work?)
cruise-?? (will mine work?)

Anything else that I might need, fill me in.. smile.gif

Thanks for your help
kuya1284
QUOTE (Jeremy1210 @ Jul 8, 2003 - 11:59 AM)
I really would like to swap in the 1997-2000 solara v6 engine since it has 200hp/214lbs tq. I want to know everything that I need to make the swap. I know a few things, but I am not sure on others... correct me if I am wrong. Also, on the parts, please let me know what car it should to come from (ie Celica gt or camry)

Axels- yes
engine mounts- yes
ecu- yes
tranny- yes
exhaust-yes
sway bars-??
struts-??
radiator-??
A/C- ?? (will mine work?)

Thanks for your help

Speak to SBCelica (Adrian) at Celica.net...
Jeremy1210
How do I get a hold of him?
kuya1284
QUOTE (kuya1284 @ Jul 8, 2003 - 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (Jeremy1210 @ Jul 8, 2003 - 11:59 AM)

Axels- yes
engine mounts- yes
ecu- yes
tranny- yes
exhaust-yes
sway bars-??
struts-??
radiator-??
A/C- ??  (will mine work?)

Thanks for your help

Speak to SBCelica (Adrian) at Celica.net...

http://celica.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?u...ic;f=1;t=007677
Inferno
Good luck on the swap.
jayi12-15psi
good luck, dats about the most complicated swap for the st in my opinion.

I hope everything turns out alright
Jeremy1210
well I'd like to do an USDM 5th gen alltrac turbo engine, but those are hard to find, Solara/ camry isn't as hard
kuya1284
QUOTE (Jeremy1210 @ Jul 8, 2003 - 7:56 PM)
well I'd like to do an USDM 5th gen alltrac turbo engine, but those are hard to find, Solara/ camry isn't as hard

USDM... yeah... but JDM's are pretty easy to get ahold of. Are you looking specifically for USDM due to issues with emissions?
Jeremy1210
I'm looking for USDM b/c its easier to get new parts if something breaks. I don't want to have to deal with shipping from japan
kuya1284
QUOTE (Jeremy1210 @ Jul 9, 2003 - 7:03 AM)
I'm looking for USDM b/c its easier to get new parts if something breaks. I don't want to have to deal with shipping from japan

Parts b/w a USDM ST185 and a JDM ST185 are interchangeable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.