Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3vz hells yeah
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
robdrummer
i just got a new 3vz for my mr2 project and i'm thinking of twin charging it. what do u guys think of that
ExSane
Nice. Twin charging would be really nice if you have the budget for it. But since you have the butchet for a brand new 3vz engine, then ofcourse. tongue.gif This engine has GREAT potential.
devilsden97
Edit: Look down

I stand MAJORLY corrected
phonex98
devilsden... see this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twincharger

"The most common type of twincharging system is a Roots type supercharger paired up with a medium-large sized turbocharger. The supercharger will give better power at low RPM while the turbocharger will give better power at medium-high RPMs. The main drawback of this configuration is that at high speeds, the supercharger (as it is driven by belts) will increase drag upon the engine, limiting the top end power."
My2Celi
Good choice with the 3vz. how much it got it for?
Kwanza26
More headache than it's worth IMO...
robdrummer
I got the 3VZ for 300 bucks and i am waiting on my NYPD sister to run a mr2 license plate so i can find the owner and see if he wants to sell me the car. it hasn't been inspected since 05 and is sitting in a yard of a repair shop. it's nice to have someone on the inside lol. it's a 5 speed t-top mr2
My2Celi
Theres a junkyard here in dallas where you can pull any motor for $60. I see a lot of the old camry with 3vz. I just pulled a 5s from a fresh brought in 95 celica to put in my bro mr2, since his motor blew recently.
$300 is still a good deal.
robdrummer
300 is a awesome deal when it is brand new
jdg371
A single turbo for the 3VZ is what you will need. Twin charging is nice and all but not much of a point now-a-days. Boost it till kingdomcome and it will take it. =] happy swapping.
GMan
There was an MR2 twin charged 1mzfe in Sport Compact Car ( ?)
Alamo AUtosports out of TX ws doing it ?
I never found out what the final stage was.

Nice project if you can afford the $$$ R&D. laugh.gif

Regards;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.