Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ST & GT with GT-four look
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Wolf_tm
Hi all,

I'd like to tell you my opinion about GT-four look style on ST & GT...

I see many cars using GT-four hood, front bumper, spoiler and spoiler raisers, no problems with this...

but what I really see as an offence to the good, famous name of the ST205 is to leave the "GT-four" signs on the spoiler raisers...

cause someone that overtake you, on your ST or GT, could think to overtook a GT-four... NOT GOOD IMHO.

Please take care of the name, and of the myth, of the GT-four...

REmove the "GT-four" signs from your spoiler raisers if you have not a GT-four.

Thank you.

malpaso
Hmm... I'm not one of "target group" for this topic, however I have made "SS-III exterior replica" (how I usually call that) so I feel I can write my opinion here too.

Nowadays only one (for a first sight) difference between real SS-III and my ST are raiser blocks (I don't have them). I have also details like "superstrut suspension" sticker, "SS-III" sticker and "SS-III" badge as well. Why? Just because it's part of real SS-III Celica and I feel is right have that too. But why? Why make my car something it's not? Answer is IMO easy... It's not about making/not making anything. I have never told to anyone "I have ST202, SS-III Celica", NEVER and I never will. But also never before anyone asked me: "Is this real SS-III? Wow..." Or "Do you really have SS-III Celica? Amazing...". It's just because there is no one around who know anything about any SS-III... and if (in case) will be one around, he/she recognize it's not real SS-III for sure.

my point is: professional will know my car is just replica for sure with or without any sticker. And amateur will even not care if there is or is not some sticker at all.

peace biggrin.gif
Wolf_tm
Malpaso.... PEACE ! biggrin.gif

And I LOVE you wink.gif because you put SS-III stickers on the raiser, instead of the GT-four's...

Many times it happens that someone, with is new car... Peugeot 206 RC, or an Audi TT, or a Golf Turbo, or even a VVtl-i T23, or whatever you want.... makes a road acceleration with an ST202 with GT-four look, and then he'll tell ANYONE that he overtook a GT-four !

Already happened here in Italy, and I saw his comments on a tuned car forum... and I didn't appreciate it so much...

It'd be difficult for ME, that I can say to know well my car, to understand if a car is a REAL ST205 or not.... if I won't have the time to look at the rear diff !!!

ST205, even if it's an old car, 12 years old, is still a fast car...
why we have to offend the GT-four's name ??

Do you love the GT-four look ? Ok, no problem !!!!
But please remove the "GT-four" signs from the spoiler raisers... because it has NO sense to keep them in place... IMHO.
malpaso
I understand your point (and understand why, and agree with you). Also I see now difference between your and my point of view about that...

malpaso:
no.1 is design... I'm proud I can have car that looks exactly like SS-III model. Performance is not important that much (just no.2), that's why I never race biggrin.gif.
Wolf_tm: performance rules... and every car with "proper design" should have "representative power" for brand/model... because when you will race and loose with fake-model you ruin name of that real one.

am I right? Hope I'm... biggrin.gif ...and... wh.. what about one small compromise... wink.gif.

"Sticker for showcase purpose only. In case of race, remove immediately." biggrin.gif
vsideboy
Gentlemen, chill out.

You will both have chance to argue in August when we meet up.

Anyone who wants to race with an actual GT4 should do it on the strip and not on the road. So what if some boy racer in a 1.2 golf bragged he raced a GT4 and won, it could be the owner of the real GT4 wasn't actually racing, but just accelerating upto the speedlimit or only took it to 3000 before changing or whatever.

How about putting a 'replica' sticker below the GT4 badge?

haha, only joking mate. I see your point. Even though I've got a kit on mine and everyone who doesn't know cars expects it to be lightning quick when it isn't its just a normal 2.0, Should I remove the bodykit cos it makes it look faster than it actually is?

You cannot really tell someone off for doing something to their car that makes them like it more. Otherwise no-one would ever do anything.

malpaso
QUOTE(vsideboy @ Jan 4, 2007 - 1:16 PM) [snapback]515029[/snapback]

Strongly disagree, he is much bigger and taller than me! Face to face it's not fair biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

P.S.I: I'm chilled to the bone, really wink.gif, and understand why this topic...
P.S.II: every time must be someone with another opinion wink.gif
P.S.III: ...nothing I just like that "III" at the end laugh.gif
vsideboy
QUOTE(malpaso @ Jan 4, 2007 - 12:39 PM) [snapback]515032[/snapback]

dude you're such a child haha laugh.gif
Wolf_tm

Should I remove the bodykit cos it makes it look faster than it actually is?

Sure not !
Personally I don't think a body kit makes a car to seem "faster", maybe more beautiful ( especially for the owner ) and/or different from the other t20 cars...

You cannot really tell someone off for doing something to their car that makes them like it more. Otherwise no-one would ever do anything.

I totally agree with you, mate...

probably I was misunderstood for my "english"....

Really, I'm not going to tell people how to do their cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm only doing a consideration....

Do you like more the GT-four hood ? Ok, no problem !
Do you like more the GT-four front bumper ? Ok, no problem !
Do you like your spoiler to be higher ? Ok, no problem, put on the GT-four raiser...

Now you have, in your opinion, a more beautiful car, with those GT-four's parts.... correct ?

but WHY do you have to keep the "GT-four" signs on the spoiler raisers ??

Yours is not a GT-four !

Believe me.... it's not good when you read, in an Audi forum, a guy with a TT 225hp...

" Yesterday evening I overtook very easily a GT-four... eh eh... wasn't it a fast car ??? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif "

SEE you ALL in August !!!!!! wink.gif
Wolf_tm
QUOTE(malpaso @ Jan 4, 2007 - 1:39 PM) [snapback]515032[/snapback]

Strongly disagree, he is much bigger and taller than me! Face to face it's not fair biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I just wear high-heeled shoes ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Bwha ha haa haha aha ah laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Kadett
So what with the people with a 3S-GTE swap then wink.gif They should win in a "highway race" because the 2wd is lighter and has lower weight.

I understand your point partially. In Italy there may be alot of GT4's and the car is very reknowned for its design/specs etc etc. Here in Holland nobody recognizes it as a "special" Celica, someone asked me why I put on a aftermarket hood laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

And in the USA nobody knows the GT4, unless they know about Import cars or are a Rally fan of the early '90s

BTW
I dont have any signs on my car except the Toyota Emblem on the bumper and trunk hatch. I do want to design a "GT-TWO" Emblem for my car tho biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rayme
I still got the gt-four’s on my raiser blocks. and what more, I got the freakin’ genuine GT-FOUR badge on my GT-S!!! hahah! RICE! I dont give a **** what people think, seriously, I wanted that car for like 5 years and Im just happy with it and the 135 hp.

My answer to you, I dont race, so nobody knows! ah! suckers!
doGGy
IMHO - its everyones thing. Making ST with 115hp looking like a GT-4 - its the same thing TO ME as putting all the stickers around it, huge spoiler, huge exhoust and etc etc (basicly rising it out...)

But people who doesnt know a $hit about celicas - will never see the car in a rised out way, cuz they dont know what / where / how it should be and etc...

If you are trying to make your car look like a GT4 - atleast try to make it the good way and make it fast atleast as the stock "4" is.

playr158
rofl at this thread.....

it wins my vote for thread of the year....wolf just called soo many people posers and i LOVE IT!!!!!!

now everyone go home and cry

and Kadett just because the US never got the GT4 6th gen doesn't mean its not known A LOT of people know what a GT4 is.......
Borghe
WOLF: biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It's True... the GT4 look it's Great, but it has NO sense the "GT-four" signs from the spoiler raisers, when these are on ST or GT.... thumbsdown.gif thumbsdown.gif

Gt4 is a different Car.... wink.gif

QUOTE(playr158 @ Jan 4, 2007 - 12:00 PM) [snapback]515066[/snapback]

rofl at this thread.....

it wins my vote for thread of the year....wolf just called soo many people posers and i LOVE IT!!!!!!

now everyone go home and cry

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Kadett @ Jan 4, 2007 - 10:40 AM) [snapback]515055[/snapback]

I dont have any signs on my car except the Toyota Emblem on the bumper and trunk hatch. I do want to design a "GT-TWO" Emblem for my car tho biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The Italian GT-Two in our CLUB:

IPB Image
Kadett
Just to make things clear. I dont care if anyone else turns his car in a GT4 body and adds a GT4 emblems/stickers. Its their decision to do so. Only thing I am truly against is Carbon/Alumunium rear wings on a 6GC. Its not an Airplane!!

playr158
^^^^^your wing is A LOT bigger then my wing.....ITS NOT AN AIRPLANE

and on second thought when i had supra headlights i shoulda but a supra badge on my car....
or since i have curren headlights i should but a curren badge....but have an M3 bumper....sooo i'm going to put a ///M badge on it too IPB Image
devilsden97
QUOTE(playr158 @ Jan 4, 2007 - 12:02 PM) [snapback]515070[/snapback]

^^^^^your wing is A LOT bigger then my wing.....ITS NOT AN AIRPLANE

lol

my wings bigger then yours is..that means im more 1337 then u are.

this is pointless...

2 PERFECT examples of this are: Defgeph and Presure2....would u say they are posing? Presure2 did exterior mods first to look like a gt-4.....then did the 5sfte. Defgeph went the opposite way, 3sgte then the gt-4 add ons. My point is....would u say Presure2 was posing? while Defgeph wasnt? because of the order of there mods/what they found more important/interesting to mod first?

this thread is stupid.
shin
ok... so i'm a ricer.. kindasad.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif but yea.. it's like a integra LS doing a type R front end, 330I beamer doing a M3 etc etc.... some people wanted their car too look like their faster version cause they like the looks and some wat still *stock* or *factory* and not fiberglass etc... at least that's my opinion..
devilsden97
^shin is a good example as well....he had an accident with his car, and decided to go with a gt-4 conversion, instead of going back to stock....then did a 5sfte.....so hes a poser because he wanted to keep his 6gc..and he liked the look of a gt-4?

edit: if i could spell/type it would be a miracle
playr158
P2 doesn't have GT4 badging?

he's complaining about badging not the actual swaps.....

I see many cars using GT-four hood, front bumper, spoiler and spoiler raisers, no problems with this...

but what I really see as an offence to the good, famous name of the ST205 is to leave the "GT-four" signs on the spoiler raisers...

reading comprehension > youIPB Image

and a 330 owner would NEVER but anything "M3" badge on their car...
lagos
But please remove the "GT-four" signs from the spoiler raisers... because it has NO sense to keep them in place... IMHO.

NO. plain and simple. NO

but dont worry, ill do a good job representing the gt4 to the people here in america. i figure, my car should be faster then a real gt4 on the street. so if someone spots me, ill make sure to show them how a real gt4 would perform. biggrin.gif
playr158
^^ROFL @ you.....

real GT4
http://www.6gc.net/index.php?action=members&itu=2022

j/k you have a real car too smile.gif
Batman722
QUOTE(Wolf_tm @ Jan 4, 2007 - 4:33 AM) [snapback]515014[/snapback]

Thank you.

I agree with you but...

the problem is for the most part if someone wanted the raiser blocks they only come with the "GT-Four" lettering. Doggy produced some blocks without the lettering for a while but I'm not sure if he still does.

we basicaly had no other option for these. I have a set of lettered blocks on my GT and I do plan to get them filled when I repaint this spring. It's a matter of $$ for most of us.
playr158
if you go to advanced auto for 10$ you can buy bondo and sand paper smile.gif
lagos
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Jan 4, 2007 - 12:59 PM) [snapback]515093[/snapback]

QUOTE(Wolf_tm @ Jan 4, 2007 - 4:33 AM) [snapback]515014[/snapback]

Thank you.

I agree with you but...

the problem is for the most part if someone wanted the raiser blocks they only come with the "GT-Four" lettering. Doggy produced some blocks without the lettering for a while but I'm not sure if he still does.

we basicaly had no other option for these. I have a set of lettered blocks on my GT and I do plan to get them filled when I repaint this spring. It's a matter of $$ for most of us.

why bother? i think everyone in their right mind will know you have a gt4 spoiler and not a gt4.

wolf, the other thing to keep in mind, is that most people will see our cars and think that they are a supra. almost no one knows what a gt4 is around here, since it was never sold in this country.
ScoobyDooCruiser
wolf-

I'll admit it. I'm a touch offended.

First off- I can't own a real gt-4. Period. Looking at the prices of gt-4's I actually think it would be cheaper to buy a gt-4 than make a frikkin american one look like one (I paid $9200 for my car, plus about $2000 for the parts to make it look like a gt-4) I see them sell for around $12000 sometimes. So, I spent as much money, they just aren't legal.

Second- You shouldn't be road racing. At least here in the US thats illegal. So, a person in a geo metro could say that beat me cause I don't race. Its like saying I beat the porshe 911 turbo when he wan't racing. And if you do go to a track looking like a gt-4 no one with 3 brain cells, when they see a 15 something second quarter would ever be dumb enough to assume I had a real gt-4.

Third- Why the issue with the spoiler? It seems you should say "don't make anything like a gt-4" cause in all honesty, the hood and the bumper scream "gt-4" way more than a little writing on the spoiler post. I doubt anyone notices that. Oh ya, and what do you expect us to do? Plop down $300 to get it filled and repainted at a body shop? Send me the money and I'll glady do it.

Ok. I admit it. I'm a poseur. My license plate admits it "Faux gt4". I admit that my car isn't real. I just really like the way the gt-4's look. So please, leave us stupid americans alone, k? If I could get a gt-4 I would. Trust me. I think they are sexy, and cool, and fast. I promise I will do my best to convince people that the cool real italian gt-4s are a lot faster than my car (heck, a shopping cart rolling down a steep hill is faster than my car). But until you send me the $300 to change my spoiler, I'm gunna keep it. And I like it.

Oh, and just so there is no hard feelings- I love you car. I admit it. I have a picture of your car in my screensaver folder. Im jealous. I think you're car is beautiful, and I totally respect what you've done.
Wolf_tm
QUOTE(playr158 @ Jan 4, 2007 - 6:02 PM) [snapback]515070[/snapback]

and on second thought when i had supra headlights i shoulda but a supra badge on my car....
or since i have curren headlights i should but a curren badge....but have an M3 bumper....sooo i'm going to put a ///M badge on it too IPB Image

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Wolf_tm
QUOTE(playr158 @ Jan 4, 2007 - 6:43 PM) [snapback]515085[/snapback]

he's complaining about badging not the actual swaps.....

reading comprehension > youIPB Image

Thanks Mate...

at least one that understood me... tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

I owe you a BARRELL of beer... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(lagos @ Jan 4, 2007 - 6:51 PM) [snapback]515087[/snapback]

NO. plain and simple. NO

but dont worry, ill do a good job representing the gt4 to the people here in america. i figure, my car should be faster then a real gt4 on the street. so if someone spots me, ill make sure to show them how a real gt4 would perform. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ok, GT-four will thank you any time... tongue.gif
Wolf_tm
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Jan 4, 2007 - 6:59 PM) [snapback]515093[/snapback]

I agree with you but...

I then have to agree again with playr158...

it's not a $$$ question... I made it even on MY raiser blocks when I had to remove the lettering to attach the post-1996 JDM stickers...

10$ of bondo and sand paper before you take them to repaint them... as they never come already painted...

That is to say that it's not a cost question... but a thing anyone want to do or don't want to do... according to what he prefers...

QUOTE(lagos @ Jan 4, 2007 - 7:22 PM) [snapback]515100[/snapback]

wolf, the other thing to keep in mind, is that most people will see our cars and think that they are a supra. almost no one knows what a gt4 is around here, since it was never sold in this country.

Ah ok, thank you...

I'm more comfortable now.... wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

What about if I put the Supra look rear lights, and a Supra badge instead of the Celica's one ? wink.gif
Rayme
I think if a car looks 100% like it, why not just ad the badge? What difference does it make really when the car looks like one? Its just a detail, and beauty is in details.

Hell If I see a civic hatch with the apparel of the type-R I would give prop to the owner, I would say its hot as hell and tasteful (for a civic). The only problem is the type-r badge has been unrespected for years and most would just call it a ricer without looking at the whole.
Wolf_tm
QUOTE(ScoobyDooCruiser @ Jan 4, 2007 - 8:09 PM) [snapback]515107[/snapback]

wolf-

I really don't know why, cause I didn't intend to offend anyone.
I can't really understand how is it possible to take it in this way.

First off- I can't own a real gt-4. Period. Looking at the prices of gt-4's I actually think it would be cheaper to buy a gt-4 than make a frikkin american one look like one (I paid $9200 for my car, plus about $2000 for the parts to make it look like a gt-4) I see them sell for around $12000 sometimes. So, I spent as much money, they just aren't legal.

It was never meant to be a rich VS poor people issue.
I perfectly know that ST205 was never sold in USA.

Second- You shouldn't be road racing. At least here in the US thats illegal. So, a person in a geo metro could say that beat me cause I don't race. Its like saying I beat the porshe 911 turbo when he wan't racing.

It's illegal everywhere in the world.... except in the Man's isle wink.gif .... but in reality it happens many time... and without any catastrophic effects...
I think no one ever die for a 0/60 mph acceleration.
Moreover there are not only the road races... but more often track sessions...

And if you do go to a track looking like a gt-4 no one with 3 brain cells, when they see a 15 something second quarter would ever be dumb enough to assume I had a real gt-4.

THIS is not true... and this is my point in this "stupid" thread...

In 1992, when I was 22, I bought an ST185RC...
this car was a superb car, compared to the other cars...
it was winning very often in WRC and local national races...

but in 1994 Toyota made the new ST205, a real bomb...
lighter, more powerful, new brakes in comparison to the ST185...
and really superior to the supercars of those years...
Delta Integrale, Sierra CSW, Nissan Sunny GTR...
when it was released it was REALLY a dream car...
even for the price... around 55.000 US$ in 1995 !

The fact is that, here in Italy, but I think in all the world, younger people... 18 to 25 years old... don't really know what the GT-four was in reality, cause they didn't live those years...

So... can I say that I feel sad when a Peugeot 206 RC (180hp) overtakes an ST202 in the Varano's track straight, and then he thinks he passed a GT-four 'cause it was written on the block raisers ?

That's all.

Third- Why the issue with the spoiler? It seems you should say "don't make anything like a gt-4" cause in all honesty, the hood and the bumper scream "gt-4" way more than a little writing on the spoiler post. I doubt anyone notices that.

Free to think what you want, people who doesn't know this old car will read "GT-four" and will think it was a GT-four... I suppose...

Oh ya, and what do you expect us to do? Plop down $300 to get it filled and repainted at a body shop? Send me the money and I'll glady do it.

Sure not !
Mine was an hope for the future generations... the future gt-four lookers wink.gif

Ok. I admit it. I'm a poseur. My license plate admits it "Faux gt4". I admit that my car isn't real. I just really like the way the gt-4's look. So please, leave us stupid americans alone, k?

Do you read any criticism against poseur or americans in my posts ?
I never talked about poseur and americans, so don't try to change my words...
btw you are free to misunderstand, and probably it's what happened...

If I could get a gt-4 I would. Trust me.

If you tell me, I then believe you.. even if this is not what I pointed out...
Again, I know that you didn't ever received one ST205 in your market...

Oh, and just so there is no hard feelings- I love you car. I admit it. I have a picture of your car in my screensaver folder. Im jealous. I think you're car is beautiful, and I totally respect what you've done.

Thank you.

I understood your point of view, mate, and I respect it too... fortunately WE still live in a "quite" free world...

I only hope these more words from me helped to understand what I simply was trying to say... regardless my english... wink.gif

Bye...
Wolf_tm
QUOTE(Rayme @ Jan 4, 2007 - 10:39 PM) [snapback]515143[/snapback]

I think if a car looks 100% like it, why not just ad the badge? What difference does it make really when the car looks like one? Its just a detail, and beauty is in details.

Remy,

clearly it's a very personal issue...

even if no one would know the difference, I would !

So, if I liked a GT-four hood/bumper/spoiler, I would install them.... but I would NEVER ad the"GT-four" badge...cause it is not a GT-four !!!

Very very simple !

BTW it's only my idea, and please do not offend for it !

trdproven
Honestly, a person who knows cars knows a gt-four and they know that they aren't easy to pass.
tomazws
QUOTE(Rayme @ Jan 4, 2007 - 1:39 PM) [snapback]515143[/snapback]

Hell If I see a civic hatch with the apparel of the type-R I would give prop to the owner, I would say its hot as hell and tasteful (for a civic). The only problem is the type-r badge has been unrespected for years and most would just call it a ricer without looking at the whole.

That's EXACTLY the reason why there's this thread. Slow ass Civics put the badge on their car, and think they instantly has +250HP or something. They'll rev at you, screech tires and all those crap, at the end it's just a slow ass car.

Though, the REAL Civic Type-R is a fine piece of machine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So... If y'all ST/GT owners had a make-over for your car to look like a GT-Four without a swap..... don't race it, just let other people stare at it.... Don't pretend your car is fast, but keep in mind your car is ****ing beautiful you know.
MaskedMan
Badge or not, if a car looks like a GTFOUR, then people will think it's a GTFOUR. If they even know what a GTFOUR IS that is. Even if people removed the badge, on the street most people wont even get a good enough look at it too see that the raiser blocks don't actually say GTFOUR on them. Most people aren't going to be like, "Hey look! there's a GTFOUR! It's got the hood! The bumper! and the spoiler! aw, but wait, the GTFOUR badge is shaved, it must not be a GTFOUR anymore." Thats just not the way people think. laugh.gif I think the biggest giveaway that it's not a real GTFOUR would have to be that we don't get those here, as you know. Not the badgeing. I think people that know what a GTFOUR really is, can tell if it's real or not, even if they have GTFOUR written all over the car haha.

I should probably go remove that USMC sticker off my car before somebody starts spreading rumors that they beat the USMC, and they get a bad name haha j/k biggrin.gif

But yeah, if it was an extra option to put GTFOUR on the post, then it would be messed up to put the badge on if you didn't have a real GTFOUR. But eh, if it comes with it, just leave it i say. As long as you don't pretend that you really have a GTFOUR, i don't see a problem with that smile.gif. Ok, I admit it, sometimes i imagine that I really have a GTFOUR though haha, too bad it's just an Alltrac frown.gif. (that runs like poop btw)
celiracer
THREAD=POINTLESS. If i woulda had my 3s in before my exterior i woulda got GT-four blocks instead of the shaved ones. Bust its everyons opinion. People can do what they want to do with any kind of badges.

PS. Most people in the US don't even know what a GT-4 celica is. When i tell my friends what kind of motor i'm swapping in my car they have no clue what it is and what car it comes from.
97lestyousay
I have seen a gt4 on here with limited edition emblems.
Turn about is fair play.
I am doing the conversion and my car will be slow as hell
for a while. Am I a poser? Damn right I am. tongue.gif
gt_driFFter
QUOTE(Wolf_tm @ Jan 4, 2007 - 6:33 AM) [snapback]515014[/snapback]

could think to overtook a GT-four... NOT GOOD IMHO.

Maybe you should just stop caring so much about what other people think about you or the car you drive?

I personally wouldn't put a badge on my car saying gt-4, but if the spoiler raisers came with the lettering on it already, I sure as hell wouldn't wouldn't go out of my way to take it off, just to "protect the famous name of the gt4" laugh.gif
snapshotgt
edit, nvm.
99GT
It's alright.... most american's will say that its a supra/eclipse/integra on steroids... before a GT-4 haha.
UTSlickVic
QUOTE(Kadett @ Jan 4, 2007 - 10:40 AM) [snapback]515055[/snapback]

The Italian GT-Two in our CLUB:

IPB Image

LOL laugh.gif "GT-Two" smashing idea for the 3SGTE swaps.... really! GT2 will work/look better IMHO
I agree with WOLF.

I admit I got a "GT" emblem from the junk yard and I was about to put it on my car ....
But it hit me I may have basically all the misc GT+ options, except the engine... BUT thats just it! it will not be a GT it is an ST. So I decided not to. Yes I know ST posing as an GT is different from a ST/GT posing as a GT4, simply because of the GT4 rep... but still, Im trying to relate.
6gcSTVT
If you badge your car with GT-4 riser blocks your car should look like a gt-4 (the exterior conversion), and have the 3s-gte motor to back it up, but not everyone here can shell out the money to do both so for the ones that want to spend 2g's and make the exterior look exactly like one then go ahead, and for the ones that do their cars exterior and engine then more props to you. The people that go back to their forums and tell everyone they beat a gt-4 are dumb***** in the first place thinking they are hot sh**. They try and tell everyone how awsome their car is and who they beat to make themselves feel better about what they own. In all honesty our celicas can't be riced up when they are made to look like our more powerful gt-4's, ricers are rusted out crap boxes with aluminum airplane wings with a fart cannon. *cough* (hondas in VT) We do with what we got over here in the US and Europe is blessed with the gt-4's so if you have a celica made to look like a gt-4 or made as fast as one then props bc no one around here knows the difference and if they do they will ask you about it and then you can tell them but for the guys that already have the badges on then I'm glad you took the time and money to invest in your car and make it look even better.
G3D45
Ricers... I can't call in any other way guys, who leave GT-4 stick or GT stick on ST/GT. Sorry I really don't want to offend somebody.

Really, as somebody said, there are not so many people who know a lot about Celicas. Maybe just 1 from 10 car professionals. But there a lot guys, who put GT sticks on 1,6 VW Golfs with rear drum brakes... Or there was one guy in Lithuania, who put away his VW Touareg stick and named as Golf. It's a pitty, that I can't find a picture at the moment. Really funny smile.gif
Kwanza26
QUOTE(Wolf_tm @ Jan 4, 2007 - 9:47 PM) [snapback]515147[/snapback]

QUOTE(ScoobyDooCruiser @ Jan 4, 2007 - 8:09 PM) [snapback]515107[/snapback]

wolf-

I really don't know why, cause I didn't intend to offend anyone.
I can't really understand how is it possible to take it in this way.

Here's why...

People spend a LOT of time and effort on their cars. There's a certain amount of pride we take in that. Who the hell are you to judge? Fair?

Anyway... people can do whatever the hell they want really. I've seen worse. Anyone who disagrees with that... just completely missed the purpose of building/tuning a car.
IdiotStick
This thread makes me lol.

if buddy thinks he raced a real GT-Four, and beat it badly, then he's making himself look like a dink. 'nuff said.

Tell him to race a REAL GT-Four, and not a look-a-like (Which to me is fine).
block
i find this thread ridiculously stupid. i mean it's the people's decision. we dont have gt-fours here and the looks are just plain awesome..but who cares if someone puts gt-four raiser blocks on?..no one, it's his/her decision right? it's how they like it. if you have a real gt-four, then good for you (yes we're jealous). but comon' what about those wannabe type r's out there?...those wanna be honda integra or whatever...yeah we're fwd but who cares..its a celica. i mean respect people. no one knew about the gt-fours across the ocean? no one knew. i remember when i had my gt-four raiser blocks on...a guy came and asked me why the heck do i have a "gt-four" on my spoiler and i said "i like the resemblence of the celica across the ocean. the gt-four celica. it's turbo with awd system"...i remember the kid was amazed...he didn't know there was a celica turbo across (he now drives a celica!) yeah people may think it's stupid but hey, TRUE that they dont know much about our cars. it's special so just leave it to the people and what they wanna do with it. GL wink.gif
Insanity-74
To be honest, GT4 owners should be honoured that you own a car that other people aspire to, and spend their hard earned cash trying to emulate. So what if its slightly slower, there are many non GT4`s here that look as good as if not better than a normal GT4 and quite a few that will probably go faster....would you make them take the GT4 badges off "Because GT4`s arnt that fast"?????
Borghe
It's a GT-Four!

IPB Image

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

IdiotStick
"Man I totally pwned this kid in an AWD GT-Four today. He was like...FOUR HUNDRED bicycle lengths behind me! What a sucka! All Gt-Fours are slow!"

bowtiestang
QUOTE(Borghe @ Jan 6, 2007 - 6:39 AM) [snapback]515612[/snapback]

It's a GT-Four!

IPB Image

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif owned.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.