Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mitsus must really blow
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
FallenHero
Ok, I'm riding home from school tonight when this guy in a new Mitsubishi Eclipse pulls up beside me and just parallels me... THEN, I hear his engine begin to roar and he starts to take off. SO, I drop the hammer. I expect to be destroyed, but I started catching him, (I could hear his engine, he was running the hell out of that car) and I SO OWNED him. How is that possible? I thought even the crap Eclipses were faster than our cars. Keep in mind I ran him from about 70 to 110ish and then had to slow for traffic. Are they just that slow at speed or something?

Jon
kuya1284
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Jul 8, 2003 - 8:36 PM)
Ok, I'm riding home from school tonight when this guy in a new Mitsubishi Eclipse pulls up beside me and just parallels me...  THEN, I hear his engine begin to roar and he starts to take off.  SO, I drop the hammer.  I expect to be destroyed, but I started catching him, (I could hear his engine, he was running the hell out of that car)  and I SO OWNED him.  How is that possible?  I thought even the crap Eclipses were faster than our cars.  Keep in mind I ran him from about 70 to 110ish and then had to slow for traffic.  Are they just that slow at speed or something?

Jon

What model Eclipse was it? What model Celica do you have?

And since we're on the subject of kills, today on me and my brother's way home from work, some kid TRIED instigating a race with his Type-R. As soon as I heard him rev, I just started laughing, because I couldn't believe that he would even want to try. So my brother blew off on him. PSSSSSHHH. And he continued to rev. I laughed even harder... and so my brother continued to blow off hoping he would get the hint. But the kid didn't. So my brother slowed down, went behind him, and waited for him to take off.

SIDE NOTE: My brother loves letting Civics and Integs take the lead...

So after the lanes became clear, my brother floored the TWO and pulled right past him just a little bit just to mess with the kid. The kid then pushed harder, and so did my brother. Turbo kicked in... torqued to full boost... and then we just slowed down to teach the kid a lesson. The kid was embarrased and decided to just slow down and exit.

Oh well, not much of a story... but it still cracks me up when these KIDS try to (instigate a) race... What a waste of gas...

biggrin.gif
FallenHero
It was a new model Eclipse, and it sounded like a 4cylinder (twas dark). I have a 95 ST automatic. Like I said, I was freaked out.
kuya1284
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Jul 8, 2003 - 9:16 PM)
It was a new model Eclipse, and it sounded like a 4cylinder (twas dark). I have a 95 ST automatic. Like I said, I was freaked out.

There's no way an ST can beat a GT or GT-S Eclipse. He most likely wasn't trying.

As for my brother's car (I decided not to PM just in case other's wanted to know), he drives an MR2 with a gen 3 3S-GTE, boosting 1 bar. Not a whole lot, but enough to spank a lot of cars. =P

Sometimes, you'll hear me refer to my brother's MR2 as a TWO or SW or SW20.

-Ray
jayi12-15psi
I know the first gen awd eclipses are supposed to be fast, but with a stock gt, I seem to have no problem hanging with most of them for some reason
97sccelica
the new eclipses are a lot heavier from what i have heard, which is why the higher models now have the v6 engine that was in the base model 3000gt.

i would assume that unless the i4 version were highly modded, it would be on the slow side.

a 95-99 eclipse rs and gs are a little faster.

dont even try against a gst or a gsx, as with paulo's mr2, it will be a waste of time and gas.

and Kuya, if i had a car like yours, or your borther's i too would let people get ahead then blow by them. btw, how much psi is 1 bar again?
kuya1284
QUOTE (97sccelica @ Jul 8, 2003 - 10:22 PM)
the new eclipses are a lot heavier from what i have heard, which is why the higher models now have the v6 engine that was in the base model 3000gt.

i would assume that unless the i4 version were highly modded, it would be on the slow side.

a 95-99 eclipse rs and gs are a little faster.

dont even try against a gst or a gsx, as with paulo's mr2, it will be a waste of time and gas.

and Kuya, if i had a car like yours, or your borther's i too would let people get ahead then blow by them. btw, how much psi is 1 bar again?

About 14 psi. After Paolo get's his water injection, he's gonna bump it up to 18.
Matthew
yea in my 97 gs-t i can beat the new V6 GT eclipses and easily the GS ones

they are not that fast at all

i can hang pretty good with the Tiburon V6's as well

both of those cars are really heavy

when i first got the car i could win.

edit: now i have some new mods and they dont stand a chance. they just think that they are cool cuz its a new car.

punk ass foos
kuya1284
QUOTE (GT2GT4 @ Jul 8, 2003 - 11:51 PM)
yea in my 97 gs-t i can beat the new V6 GT eclipses and easily the GS ones

they are not that fast at all

i can hang pretty good with the Tiburon V6's as well

both of those cars are really heavy

when i first got the car i could win.

edit: now i have some new mods and they dont stand a chance. they just think that they are cool cuz its a new car.

punk ass foos

With these stats, GT2GT4, I would be ashamed of you if you lost to any one of the other cars (stock for stock) with your GS-T.

biggrin.gif

1997 Eclipse GS-T

HP: 210 @ 6,000 RPM
Torque: 214 lb.-ft. @ 3,000 RPM
Weight: 2,899 lbs.

2003 Eclipse GT

HP: 200 @ 5,500 RPM
Torque: 205 lbs.-ft. @ 4,000 RPM
Weight: 3,142 lbs.

2003 Eclipse GS

HP: 147 @ 5,500 RPM
Torque: 158 lbs.-ft. @ 4,000 RPM
Weight: 2,965 lbs.

Tiburon GT

HP: 170-hp @ 6,000 RPM
Torque: 181 lbs.-ft. @ 4,000 RPM
Weight: 3,015 lbs.

Stats courtesy of cars.com
Inferno
Hmm, from what I know, the new Eclipses are a sister car to my brother's new 02 Stratus. They share the same engine (4G64). The base model is a 2.4L SOHC and the high-end model is only a 3.0L SOHC. It sucks, I know...By the way, someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Milds3vn
SOHC hahaha
Inferno
I'm chuckling with you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.