Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clear door marker lenses with LED's.......
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Exterior Styling
wolfie308
Hi you guys over there.........

Thought I'd start a new thread re my latest novelty......clear door marker lenses which can be fitted with a variety of LED options. Some guys in the U.K are fitting these with blue LED's (illegal before you point it out)... but cool when matching your interior lighting. Lenses only, £22/pair delivered to your door - you can probably buy the LED's over there cheaper than I can

You might think WHY ? ........ because it's different of course. Let me know what you think.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Kadett
Nice.

Is it the same guy that makes the clear turn lenses for both the ST/GT and GT4 models? Because they are of outstanding quality/precision.
My2Celi
its very nice, but that's kinda expensive for me.
Batman722
sorry to ruin things here but anyone can buy them clear from Toyota for about $9 a side. They are the EXACT same as what we already have except NOT RED, they are clear.

they are from a Tundra, part # 81231-0C010 and here are some pics of them in my car with a blue LED

IPB Image

IPB Image

more info here
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=30438
snapshotgt
Someone should have done their research. laugh.gif
My2Celi
Batman has saved me twiced. My bowdown.gif ~hero~
wolfie308
QUOTE(snapshotgt @ Jan 12, 2007 - 10:41 PM) [snapback]517445[/snapback]

Someone should have done their research. laugh.gif

Okay, you got me on that, Respect - I never thought that they'd have been done before....Doh!

Ah well..mine are hand made and supplied with LED's to U.K owners, and I don't think we can easily get parts for a Tundra over here.

But remember, I AM the only person making OEM style clear fronts for the ST202 and ST205 and the clear 3rd brake lens.....AFAIK, so I make that 3 -1 to me laugh.gif

Only kidding - it's my English sense of humour

Have a great weekend guys,

Cheers

The Lensmeister
p.s : snapshotgt.....you should have received a direct mail from me, hope that might be of interest biggrin.gif
Batman722
wolfie308, your work with clear lenses from what I've seen is perfect. If you could make some clear lenses for these, I would be very very impressed
IPB Image

cheers
KB-2
ya dude make some clear side markers...that my friend would be a popular item!
Jaws4God
IPB Image

ebay smile.gif
DeW_H0e_GT
^^^ NOT the euro clears...the ones thats similair to doggy's gt4 clear signal...
malpaso
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Jan 12, 2007 - 11:32 PM) [snapback]517442[/snapback]

sorry to ruin things here but anyone can buy them clear from Toyota for about $9 a side. They are the EXACT same as what we already have except NOT RED, they are clear.

they are from a Tundra, part # 81231-0C010 and here are some pics of them in my car with a blue LED
more info here

Agree I have them from Toyota too and they are perfect smile.gif

IPB Image
wolfie308
Thanks for info guys, out of curiosity, I'll see if I can order them through my U.K dealer where I buy all my original Toyota units from. Even if they are available, they'll probably work out in £'s about the same as I'm charging

Tiny detail - mine have a different pattern to the lens if you look closely -;

See what you mean about those Ricey looking side markers - don't suit the original styling cues of the car....IMHO

However, making this type of unit is much harder than lenses alone. I'm currently working on a similar type of construction for the Mk3 Supra. Added problem is that these are handed, so after deciding how to cut them, I then have to make 4 moulds to make a pair of them. I'm still trialling different products to try and ensure an invisible glue line which remains waterproof. Even I sort the technical issues, they will be very labour intensive and I can't see them working out at less than £50/pair - more than most people would pay

Anyway, below is a pic of my first prototype which gives you an idea.............

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And here's what they look like on the metal.......note the OEM style clear front indicator/sidelight lens as well.....another world exclusive from the Lensmeister biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Batman722
those mk3 supra lenses are incredible, very impressive.
wolfie308
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Jan 13, 2007 - 6:17 PM) [snapback]517609[/snapback]

Cheers for that, and guess what, having done the sides and fronts for the Supra, you won't be surprised to find that I've also done the rears too. These require a fair degree of skill to disassemble the units in the first place. Then after copying the amber lens, I reassemble the units after chrome spraying the internals and polishing the outer lens to an almost new finish......... another wolfie world exclusive biggrin.gif The guy wanted these so badly that he 'bribed' me with $500 to supply this pair, and was over the moon with them

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

My2Celi
wow those are very nice. Are you able to make anything for our car?
Slick
QUOTE(wolfie308 @ Jan 14, 2007 - 1:13 AM) [snapback]517655[/snapback]

QUOTE(Batman722 @ Jan 13, 2007 - 6:17 PM) [snapback]517609[/snapback]

Cheers for that, and guess what, having done the sides and fronts for the Supra, you won't be surprised to find that I've also done the rears too. These require a fair degree of skill to disassemble the units in the first place. Then after copying the amber lens, I reassemble the units after chrome spraying the internals and polishing the outer lens to an almost new finish......... another wolfie world exclusive biggrin.gif The guy wanted these so badly that he 'bribed' me with $500 to supply this pair, and was over the moon with them

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Damn! Those are nice! You've got some skills! smile.gif
Cabessa
Man, your work is awesome!

I got your clear front indicators via Sven here in the Netherlands, they are perfect.

I just love the OEM look of it, plus there are no aftermarket lenses for that.

IPB Image

Thanks, and I'm think I'll be ordering the door marker lenses soon!
wolfie308
QUOTE(My2Celi @ Jan 14, 2007 - 12:51 AM) [snapback]517663[/snapback]

wow those are very nice. Are you able to make anything for our car?

I did think of making a clear insert for the JDM rears, but after asking the question on GT4OC, I was directed to this old thread on Celica-Club.......

http://www.celica-club.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=19374

This shows how to cut/melt the backing case to access and extract the amber inner. Those who have done it seem happy with the result, and I didn't get much positive feedback from suggesting making a replacement for the amber part in clear kindasad.gif

wolfie308
QUOTE(Cabessa @ Jan 14, 2007 - 10:13 PM) [snapback]517805[/snapback]

Man, your work is awesome!

I got your clear front indicators via Sven here in the Netherlands, they are perfect.

I just love the OEM look of it, plus there are no aftermarket lenses for that.

IPB Image

Thanks, and I'm think I'll be ordering the door marker lenses soon!

Cheers Cabessa,

Thanks to Sven, quite a few Dutch guys now have these on their 202's and 205's smile.gif

Sharp looking car too - and well worthy of being added to my collection of photos.

For the totally clear look, how about a clear high level brake light like this......

IPB Image

And for those who might have missed these before, here's a pic of the trio......

IPB Image

I'll be sending Sven a clear brake lens in the next couple of days, so I'm sure he'll report shortly.

Must get round to updating my website as I've got so much new stuff that's not on there yet biggrin.gif

www.protocast.co.uk
Kadett
Also got the ST205 lenses, but havent had the time to install them on the car. Quality is very good. Exact copy of the original with no imperfections.
raz128
QUOTE(Kadett @ Jan 15, 2007 - 3:11 PM) [snapback]517919[/snapback]

Quality is very good. Exact copy of the original with no imperfections.

Agreed, I fitted mine on Christmas Day..
Any excuse to post a pic... laugh.gif
IPB Image
wolfie308
They do look rather good on black don't they?......equally effective on all other colours too biggrin.gif

IPB Image
NgoFcukinWay
wolfie, a friend of mine wants a pair of those Supra tail lights for his 86.5. How can he get his hands on a pair?
wolfie308
QUOTE(NgoFcukinWay @ Jan 16, 2007 - 3:30 AM) [snapback]518096[/snapback]

wolfie, a friend of mine wants a pair of those Supra tail lights for his 86.5. How can he get his hands on a pair?

Maybe best to get him to contact me direct via my website for further details. What colour is his car?.....I have photos on silver and white as well and am waiting for pics on a red one too, but the weather's pretty ****e here at the moment frown.gif

I can supply the lenses alone if he fancies doing the conversion himself, although splitting the units is quite a skilled job requiring putting the units in the oven to be able to split them(after you've drilled out the 6 blind headed screws on the back of the casing). Very easy to damage them if you don't know your oven kindasad.gif

I have a few pairs of original clusters, so I could supply them complete, but shipping ain't cheap - last ones cost me nearly $100 to send, plus all the paperwork, online booking etc as I don't have an account direct with a courier like DHL, U.P.S

Pic below shows the unit dismantled prior to chrome spraying the internals before fitting the clear lens, reassembling and polishing

IPB Image
NgoFcukinWay
he's got a white one. I'll ask him once he settles down on his living situation. his parents are all of a sudden selling the house, so he has two weeks to find a new place to live. :-\
wolfie308
QUOTE(NgoFcukinWay @ Jan 17, 2007 - 1:07 AM) [snapback]518311[/snapback]

he's got a white one. I'll ask him once he settles down on his living situation. his parents are all of a sudden selling the house, so he has two weeks to find a new place to live. :-\

No problemo - sounds like he's got more important things on his plate for now. But since his a white one, I couldn't resist posting these........

Before......

IPB Image

And after.......

IPB Image

IPB Image
Slick
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Jan 13, 2007 - 12:32 AM) [snapback]517442[/snapback]

IPB Image

more info here

Woot! I'm following you, Bats! I just ordered mine with the blue 5-way Led bulbs! biggrin.gif
wolfie308
[/quote]

Woot! I'm following you, Bats! I just ordered mine with the blue 5-way Led bulbs! biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Well...glad I've been of service in starting this thread. Nice one Batman, no problems - mine are a different pattern which better helps diffuse an LED bulb.........err ummm...maybe - but of course mine are hand made and a bit more exclusive. smile.gif

You never know - In future, I might give them away with a pair of my OEM clear fronts - only available from the Lensmeister biggrin.gif
MrAyasli
Hey Wolfie, do you still make the clear door ones?

I've just made the payment for the clear indicators and now I just find out that you make these as well.
Well done !
wolfie308
QUOTE (MrAyasli @ Oct 14, 2009 - 5:23 PM) *
Hey Wolfie, do you still make the clear door ones?

I've just made the payment for the clear indicators and now I just find out that you make these as well.
Well done !

Good Morning MrAyalsi,

Payment cleared, I'll get them in the post to you today.

I don't make the door markers any more as you can buy similar for the Tundra much cheaper than I can make them for. The pattern is different but the fit is perfect

MrAyasli
Hmm... Where can I find these ? I've checked on Ebay.

And I can't wait for the clear indicators to come yay!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.