Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto Transmission mods
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
IslandStyle
Are there any types of ecu mods for the 94 celica (st204) the thing is, often when iam driving i will stomp on the gas looking to pass somone and the car will do nothing for a second or two and then boom (drop a gear) and power through. Is this an auto transmission. Is there anything i can do to get better performace from the transmission. Or is this not related to transmission. How can I get my baby to be more responsive?

Thanks
95CelicaST
Swap in a 5sp. There really isn't any mods you can do to an automatic transmission that aren't going to cost you an arm and a leg. Swapping a 5 speed would work better.
Bigmeanbulldog55
You can try new fluid. Better fuilds will help hold power better. I'm not sure what is the best though. Usually you can't go wrong with the Lucus Oil stuff. Royal Purple is a better brand but really expensive.
Bitter
sounds like its slipping on full throttle downshifts man, the A245E i have is essentially the same trans the Celica ST has A246E, just different ratios. my auto downshifts quickly each time, upshifts well, runs smooth. i did notice a large difference in shift quality when i changed to synthetic fluid in it, i'm running redline ATF and it works great!
3WayStunna
hmmm maybe a performance torque converter...thats really about it, next to a 5spd swap and some new/better oil.....
Hanyo
performance torque converter will only help with off the line acceleration. When the car is moving already, i think the celica's torque converter is in full lock mode.

Since yours is a canada model. you might have a power or ect switch. If you enable ect/power, it tells the electronics of your automatic transmission to drop gears quicker for more spirited driving. BUT, it is still limited to the physical speed of the automatic transmission.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.