Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sge N/A swap?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
SlickRick
well i am looking for swaps for my 5sfe, and i dont wanna do the same 3sgte, so i was thinking the BEAMS 3sge from the 2001 Altezza. can anyone tell me if this swap is even possible, i mean i know just about anything is, but i dont wanna have to do a tremendous amount of fitting and fabbing. I like that it puts out over 200hp and rev's nice and high, and has a 6 speed tranny too. what do u guys think?
netrata
QUOTE(SlickRick @ Mar 9, 2007 - 12:14 PM) [snapback]534692[/snapback]

well i am looking for swaps for my 5sfe, and i dont wanna do the same 3sgte, so i was thinking the BEAMS 3sge from the 2001 Altezza. can anyone tell me if this swap is even possible, i mean i know just about anything is, but i dont wanna have to do a tremendous amount of fitting and fabbing. I like that it puts out over 200hp and rev's nice and high, and has a 6 speed tranny too. what do u guys think?

The Altezza BEAMS 3SGE will not be able to bolt up into your celica because it is a RWD setup. The only way you can make it possible is if you have the money to fabricate alot of things so it can go in your car (Read Dr. Tweaks thread on doing insane swaps). To me it would be a very bad choice if you aren't prepared for it. Since you still want to have the BEAMS 3SGE, why just not consider the Redtop BEAMS 3SGE in the celica instead. It still has vvt-i and makes about 200 HP. It may not be a six speed, but still it's worth considering if you want to keep it N/A. If I didn't have an ST celica, I would have definitely gone with a Redtop 3SGE. smile.gif
SinisterWhisper
if you want n/a why not a v6? Doesn't the 1mze bolt right up for a gt? (I think one mount doesn't but then maybe I am thinking of in an mr2, but that shouldn't be different)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.