Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ground wires on transmission
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
95celly
i had to disconnect all my ground wires from the transmission to change my clutch and now i have to reconnect them but wasnt sure if it mattered exactly where they went since they are just ground wires. i know there are two in the front of the tranny, one of them being to ground for the batter but im not exactly sure which one it should be.

batter = battery
Bitter
put them back where they were, or if you have weird problems later remember what you did :-p
95celly
i dont remember exactly where each one went. my brother was helping me and he was the once disconnecting the ground wires. now i dont know where each one went. any help?

once=one
Silver94CelicaOwner
There are two ground leads that are connected to the negative battery terminal. The shorter, thinner wire goes to a chassis ground right by the headlight and the longer, thicker gauge wire gets bolted down right in the middle of the top of the transmission. There is also one final thin ground wire that gets bolted between the starter and a chassis ground on the suspension tower.

This is how the GT and GT-Four are grounded, I'm pretty sure it's nearly the same, if not identical with the ST as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.