Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Introduction
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Mangozac
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this site a few months ago and haven't been able to get enough of it! As you can see from my profile I'm an Aussie living on the beautiful Gold Coast.

I've had my SX-R for just under a year now and I absolutely love it. In fact the only time I don't love it 100% is when I go for a ride in my friend's 300ZX twin turbo and she floors it. But I'm not prepared to spend the kind of money it would take to get me engine to do that so I'm content with it how it is.

That said I'm keen on the cheaper mods so I'll be putting a cold air intake in soon. And maybe get the exhaust done later as well.

My last mod was installing a kright rider type LED array in my centre brake light - but don't worry it's not as geeky as it sounds! I designed and built it myself so it does all sorts of cool patterns. It also only comes on when your foot is on the brake and for the first 6 seconds will just stay on normally (for safety reasons). I assume it's not really legal so I make sure if there's a cop behind me I don't leave my foot on the brake wink.gif

As much as I love the aesthetic of the 6th gens I still feel there's something missing. I was thinking about a body kit but can't find any that I like. I don't mind the Invader style ones - except for the big 'folded' sections along the bottom. I think I would just prefer skirts and splitters but am worried that it will make the car look more like the aesthetic of a Holden Commodore - which I think is the ugliest car after a Volvo!

That said, the SS-III splitters seem to look OK. Are they (or something equivalent) hard/prohibitively expensive to get here in Australia? I don't have a massive budget but I am proud of my Celi and I want her to look top notch.

Wow this post has gotten pretty big. Thanks for reading! smile.gif

Zac
shin
if you like the invader and not the folding parts. combat kit is wat you're looking for.
IPB Image

or the SSIII splitters. there's also the 404 lip kit, GT4 front end conversion Varis kit and not the forget the OEM extensions. welcome to the site. you'll find all the info you need on your celi.
Mangozac
Oooooh yeah that's exactly what I want! The combat front with 404 sides and some kind of rear splitters would be nice.

Can anyone recommend the best supplier for these things here in Oz?

Zac
CelicaZR
Welcome smile.gif
j0e_p3t
welcome. how about you post a lil video clip of your knight rider brake light?
Jaws4God
just a heads up.. but I heard the combat bumper is hard to get fitted right.... if i remember correctly...
Mangozac
QUOTE(j0e_p3t @ Mar 15, 2007 - 10:38 PM) [snapback]536646[/snapback]

Yeah I though about that after posting my message but was too lazy to do anything about it wink.gif
I'm going cruising with a friend tonight so I might take a vid then...

QUOTE(Jaws4God @ Mar 16, 2007 - 2:00 AM) [snapback]536707[/snapback]

just a heads up.. but I heard the combat bumper is hard to get fitted right.... if i remember correctly...

Thanks Jaws - I did some searching and notced that. If I can get it for the right price I wouldn't be too concerned though.

If I just went for the SS-III splitters (or equivalent) and 404 sides where is the best/cheapest place to get them?

Zac
Mangozac
QUOTE(j0e_p3t @ Mar 15, 2007 - 10:38 PM) [snapback]536646[/snapback]

Posted here
DSRT-FX
QUOTE(Mangozac @ Mar 16, 2007 - 6:42 PM) [snapback]536794[/snapback]

If I just went for the SS-III splitters (or equivalent) and 404 sides where is the best/cheapest place to get them?

Zac

welcome mate.
always good to see a fellow aussie member on the site. as for your above question. i've actually got a pair of black-painted ss-iii front splitters for sale.

shipping to qlds would be way cheap too. just pm me if you like -R
DSToyo
welcome, i love that combat kit btw, it'll look great
your angel eyes change colors too?? tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.