Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tuning my celica....
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
turbosprentice
well, im thinking about doing a downpipe. i need some help or advice. i think what im doing is basic tune up. im thinking about getting a new header, a high flow cat conv, a custom downpipe and exhaust system. what type of brand is best for what im getting? are all of these good for my car? im also wondering if i could get the car to rumble. is that possible for my celica? i've seen subaru and evo's that rumbles and i was wondering if anyone has done that or if it's possible. im also looking for new rims, shocks or coil over. does anyone have any suggestion of what i should get or any type of brand? im quiet new to all this tuning. i would really appreciate if someone would help me. i've found a few sites for what i have in mind but they're in the high range. im wondering if anyone has any good sites that i could find anything cheaper and more affordable. -john
95CelicaST
Downpipes are for turbo applications. If you don't have a turbo then don't buy a downpipe laugh.gif . What do you have, ST or GT? Buy some cheap headers off eBay and reinforce the welds on them.

Anyways... There really aren't too many companies who make exhausts for the Celica. Greddy has the SP2 system, but other than that we really just have to buy a muffler we like and take it to an exhaust shop and have them fabricate the piping. You won't get the rumble a scooby has, simply because you don't have a boxer engine. HKS makes good mufflers, as goes Magnaflow. If you want some rumble, I would say magnaflow.

Shocks and Springs, if you aren't looking to do autocrossing or anything like that I would say KYB GR-2's. Good price and excellent ride. I am partial to coilovers, simply because I have them. NO EBAY BRAND COILOVERS!! I don't think suspension is something to skimp on. I have Ground Control coilovers and they ride like a dream. The KYB+GC's will set you back at least 500, and then you need to have them installed. A lot of people on here have TEIN S-tech springs, and not one complaint. They don't cost too much ($140-$160) and have wonderful ride quality.

Rims... its one's own decision. I have a set of Rays Engineering wheels and 7th Gen GT wheels. Both look awesome on the 6th gen. Also a good looking wheel is the 16" 7th Gen GT-S wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.