Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good idea or bad idea
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
hotgoods23
well im starting this thread in order to help me decide on the future of my car. about 3 months ago i had the transmission fluid changed out on my car which has about 122,222 thousand miles on it. i just looked at the fluid today and noticed it is dark and murky, no longer the nice redish pinkish color it should be. kindasad.gif that raised a red flag letting me know that my tranny is soon on its way to junkyard heaven. people who look out for me are telling me that it is a bad decision to swap for a rebuilt or newer tranny. i've just spent money on a new egr valve, new thermostats, new radiator everything that id hope to keep the celi running. but it seems to be futile when trying to keep my car as a daily driver. my last car note was paid off in the month of december so i like the feeling of not having a car note. the people who care about my situation are telling me to save up money far a new car and not a tranny what do you guys suggest? kindasad.gif
Culpable04
honestly is all to you, is on how much you like the car, would make no sence to put money in it if 3 months later you say " this is not what I want " and get rid of it. but if you're in love with the celi a tranny is not a big expense, I'm sure you'll invest more money modding it than what you're gonna spend fixing it. a good tranny for your GT is an easy find even here on the buying and selling section, and I'm sure it will be low cost.

lagos
i dont think that the color of the oil has anything to do with how long your transmission will last.
hotgoods23
QUOTE(lagos @ Mar 16, 2007 - 12:32 PM) [snapback]536885[/snapback]

i dont think that the color of the oil has anything to do with how long your transmission will last.
what would you suggest if i totally flush it out and add new tranny fluid to it there could be a 50/50 chance i might damaged it more
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.