Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new car time...
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
jayi12-15psi
So, I never told you guys this, but I actually do not own my celica anymore. In fact, I haven't owned it for exactly a year today. *tear

I replaced the celica with an 06 f-150, I know it's a strange change.

But now I wish I could go back to a sportish car and I've been looking around for something to upgrade to from the old celica. Lately I've been looking at things like audi TTs and sc 300s.

Anyone have any opinion on what cars I should look at? I'm looking for something that's a good mix of performance and luxury and preferably rwd or awd.

I'd like to stay around 10-12k

thanks
jdg371
-SC300 would be a great car.. can easily be made into a fast car. [1J/2J swap]

+1 SC300
j0e_p3t
id get an is300. but an sc would be nice too.
uberschall
int no particular order:

gti vr6
7th gen gts
integra type-r
e36 m3

from my findings, all of those whould be within your price range, and aren't impossible to find. a real type-r might be sketch...but other than that.

a $5k car would leave you alot of swap money, tho.....
Supersprynt
3/4 of those are FWD.

WRX.
celicaST
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Mar 18, 2007 - 11:08 PM) [snapback]537500[/snapback]

WRX.

+1 or a 2.5rs.

how about a mk2 mr2 turbo? closest thing to a ferrari that alot of us could afford. for 10-12k you can find a nice one with low miles. check the mr2oc.com for-sale forum or mr2trader.com
creis
+ 2 (WRX or 2.5rs)

I went the with rs smile.gif

IPB Image
celicaST
looking good creis. i have my car up for trade either for a rs or a mk2 mr2.
x_itchy_b_x
QUOTE(j0e_p3t @ Mar 18, 2007 - 11:19 PM) [snapback]537465[/snapback]

id get an is300. but an sc would be nice too.

i agree. i love those cars. fast, practical and elegant.
Supersprynt
QUOTE(creis @ Mar 19, 2007 - 4:24 AM) [snapback]537530[/snapback]

+ 2 (WRX or 2.5rs)

I went the with rs smile.gif

IPB Image

Its unfortunate they did not bring the GC8 WRX over here. kindasad.gif I'd be all over that.

IS300 is a good choice also, but winter>rWd.
jayi12-15psi
well, winters in missouri are not that bad, but I was kinda thinking about some kind of coupe and I don't really like the way the subaru looks, no offense. I was also thinking of actually getting a loan to get a new car, I was kinda thinking 04- solara? the problem is, it's fwd and I'd kinda like rwd for when I feel like cutting loose smile.gif
jdg371
Not too fond of those hunchback Solaras lol. My cousin has a 00 Solara with a TRD basically everything. Suspension, Lip Kit, and interior
x_itchy_b_x
IPB Image
Drool. makes me wanna sell my car lol.
slvr_celica_GT_816
not luxury, but how bout a svt cobra mustang those things are insane ive always wanted one of those if i could afford one
jayi12-15psi
I'd sport one if I could afford it, but even the 320 hp cobras are a little too expensive, not to mention the terminators
IdiotStick
Honda S2000 is also a possibility.
jayi12-15psi
I like those too, but they're a little more than I'm looking to spend
celicaST
sc400

looks to be in decent condition and you would have plenty of money to spare to fix it up. wouldnt worry about mileage too much, the 1uz v8 is know to run for twice that with no problems.

edit-nice looking tl

tl
jayi12-15psi
that tl is ok, but I'd like either awd or rwd and a two door is a plus. The sc is also nice, but I hate that green and I'd prefer the sc300 for the engine and five speed option.
6strngs
2000+ MR2 spyder
MKIV supra NA

the supra is just a little beyond the price range. but I bet you could find a 93 with slightly high miles for 12K-ish
goferris
get yourself a 300zx. i have always liked those. or even a 240sx they are hot too. or how bout an older lancer evo. or any bmw, they are all rwd.
DSToyo
QUOTE(goferris @ Apr 15, 2007 - 2:33 AM) [snapback]546857[/snapback]

get yourself a 300zx. i have always liked those. or even a 240sx they are hot too. or how bout an older lancer evo. or any bmw, they are all rwd.

those are old tho
if i were you id save and get a newer mr2 or an s2000, i love those things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.