Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7th gen shifter/ NEW CAR!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
camthman
Hi guys, Im new to to the celica stuff, However I am pretty mechanical. I bought a 6th gen celica and its full race equipped. Full cage, full suspension, the whole bit. Anyways, I relized that some people are using the 7th gen shifter. Is this just an easy bolt-on or is there alot of work to get it to work on the 6th gen. Thanks guys. Ill post some pics soon. Thanks!
j0e_p3t
you mean the 7gc short shifter? its a basic bolt on installation. pretty simple, took me about 45 mins ish. btw, welcome to the site. where in cali are you located?
camthman
Thanks... Im in Bakersfield. Ive been racing alot lately with the car. I have raced mostly at willowsprings raceway and buttonwillow. Both pretty close to Bakersfield.

-- So I could just get a 7gc off ebay and it will fit fine? I guess I just saw that all of them were for 2000 and on and thought it wouldnt work. Thanks.
jason
welcome to the site n deff post some pics =)
jdg371
Sounds like you might have one of the Celebrity Race Cars?
camthman
YUP!!! got one of the celbrity cars... lol. Ironically.... My name is Cameron, and I got Cameron Diez' cars. lol. So the ones off ebay will work?
jdg371
Yep. They have been tested and proven by many members. Just remember to get the ones with 4 big washers and bolts.
camthman
ya man... This is my first FWD car. I have a cobra that I race as well.... But they were selling the celicas for soooo cheap I wanted one.... lol. The thing handles really well. The one I bought was pretty beat up when i got it. Just replaced tires, got alighnement, changed all the fluids, stripped most of the interior, moved battery to the back, and mad a homeade intake.

-- Any short throws on ebay that are better than others?
jdg371
not quite sure if the ebay shifters are much different from each other. If you want something better.. TRD might be the way to go.

I wish the Celebrity cars can be found in my area.. I would get one and autocross the crap out of it!
camthman
so on ebay why do they say they only fit 00-05 or whatever.?
camthman
anyone try these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-UH-S...sspagenameZWDVW

snapshotgt
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22975

Stickies... wink.gif
camthman
^^^^ sory bout that. Thanks
Supersprynt
I have an ebay 7th shifter, works fine. You will have to add the base bushings to raise the shifter some to clear the floor.

And do not get 3sgte shifter cable bushings, they will not fit.
camthman
ok cool.... well Ill get some pics up here in a second. Thanks alot guys.
camthman
-- So here are the pics... and this is last weekend when I was at willowsprings. Alot of you might know about it. But for those who dont its a super popular track in California. Alot of comercials are shot there and alot of car testing. I LOVE this course. Anyways.... Im sure I will have alot of questions for you guys since Im coming from an American V8.... lol.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

j0e_p3t
looks like fun
jdg371
I want one! =[ In white please!
DSToyo
looks really fun
welcome and good luck with the shifter
95CelicaST
Any pictures of the interior and misc. shots from around the car?
camthman
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Mar 19, 2007 - 7:17 PM) [snapback]537685[/snapback]

Any pictures of the interior and misc. shots from around the car?

Ill get some more shots later.... right now im in the middle of redoing all of the exhuast. So for now I have a race header to 2.25 tubing into a manapack muffler and then it side exits right before the rear tire. Ill take some pics later and show you guys the progress.
Negative
Don't go bigger than 2.5" unless you are planning on Turboing that 5S later.
camthman
QUOTE(Negative @ Mar 19, 2007 - 9:51 PM) [snapback]537761[/snapback]

Don't go bigger than 2.5" unless you are planning on Turboing that 5S later.

Yeah. Thats why I said I am doing 2.25.
jdg371
PSH forget the Turbo'n it. LOL its a track car.. I suggest keeping it NA.. and throw in a V6.. 3MZFE.. but if your really wanting to turbo your car.. 3VZFE [3.0L V6] Their internals have been known to hold 400hp stock!
camthman
QUOTE(jdg371 @ Mar 20, 2007 - 1:48 AM) [snapback]537836[/snapback]

PSH forget the Turbo'n it. LOL its a track car.. I suggest keeping it NA.. and throw in a V6.. 3MZFE.. but if your really wanting to turbo your car.. 3VZFE [3.0L V6] Their internals have been known to hold 400hp stock!

hahahah.... Who said anything about turboing.... lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.