Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antenna
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
d1zzydas
So I just bought my Celica back in mid-January and the antenna was broken. I finally get time to check it out this week. The nut was so stripped my mechanic decided just to chop it off. From what I saw while I was playing around with it, it wasnt the stock power antenna. Anyways, I need a new one... all I have right now is a hole in my rear panel. The Toyota dealership quoted me some ridiculous amount for the whole assembly. Anyone know what would be a good replace antenna?
super13jew
go with a honda s2000 antenna
TheRockman
QUOTE(super13jew @ Mar 20, 2007 - 4:25 PM) [snapback]538073[/snapback]

x2

I just recently took out my power antenna (which still worked) and replaced it with an S2000 antenna. It gets just as good if not better reception than the stock one. Plus, if you get a 7th gen Celica screw-on base, it's a pretty easy install. Just make sure you get it on there nice and tight. wink.gif
DSRT-FX
QUOTE(TheRockman @ Mar 21, 2007 - 1:56 PM) [snapback]538210[/snapback]

QUOTE(super13jew @ Mar 20, 2007 - 4:25 PM) [snapback]538073[/snapback]

x2

I just recently took out my power antenna (which still worked) and replaced it with an S2000 antenna. It gets just as good if not better reception than the stock one. Plus, if you get a 7th gen Celica screw-on base, it's a pretty easy install. Just make sure you get it on there nice and tight. wink.gif

hey man

you got any good pics of your antenna? sounds like an easy job. only thing is for me to cource out the parts.. how much did your whole assembly cost? s2k ant. w/ 7th gen base? -R
WALKER
I have the S2000 antenna with the 7th gen celica non-power base. Very easy install.

Here is what it looks like.

IPB Image
TheRockman
Yeah, mine looks very similar to WALKER's. I actually tried installing it first with a 6th gen base because I heard it was an option. Buuuut, I learned that if you want to cut a telescoping antenna, go with the 6th gen base. If you want an easy install where you just screw it together, go with the 7th gen base.

Since I already got the 6th gen base, I was able to use it's lower mounting bracket on the 7th gen base. I don't recommend buying both since it got kindof expensive trying both. wink.gif

Anyway, here's the pricing breakdown:

Genuine S2000 Antenna: roughly $20.00 on ebay
6th Gen Base: $37.63 shipped from ToyotaWorld
7th Gen Base: $46.28 shipped from ToyotaWorld

I'll grab some pictures after I install my new gauge faces and finish the interior lighting to match. Might as well get them all at the same time.
BLINKYxMUNKEY
http://www.6gc.net/howto/install_s2000_antenna
d1zzydas
Thanks for the help. My old antenna unit was trash.. nuts and everything were stripped. I got lucky and found a real cheap $10 antenna that fit nicely in the hole. Its similar to the s2k antenna but less pricely. It was some universal antenna from the local auto store. I could get pics if anyone is interested but its just a small little black rubber antenna.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.