Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: motor mount info needed
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
wickedcelica
Ok here my problem. i had my motor replaces last year by my mechanic and the car did great till a few weeks ago. i swerved to keep from totaling my car and heard a loud snap. i looked and didnt see anything wrong. on the way home i heard a loud metal to metal scraping noise. when i got home i looked and saw my motor mount was bent into the timing belt cover. i took it to my mechanic to fix it and he said that the bolt had vibrated out(never heard of that happening). Anyway the car has run great for a while till last night. i went to check my oil and noticed that i had belt shavings all over my engine compartment. i decided to play mechanic and see if the mount was broke inside the motor.

What i find is that the middle of my timing belt is being torn apart...not the outsides of the belt .....the middle. Then i take off the cover and see that there is only one....ONE... bolt holding the motor and its not even screwed into the motor... its just hanging there wiggling. Then to make matters worse... there is one bolt completly missing and the other is broke off into the motor and the head of the bolt is whats cutting my timing belt in half. Can anyone help me ant tell me what size the motor mount bolts are for my st. and if there is any way to put them back in without taking out the motor at all.
alltracman78
Your "mechanic" owes you some repair work.....

Let him know it's a good idea to use BLUE threadlocker on those bolts...

I don't know for sure what size bolts they are, but they are probably 8 x 1.25mm bolts.
You will have to figure length.
Regardless, you NEED to replace that timing belt.
At least your engine is freewheeling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.