Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turbo manifold pics
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
angrymike
just finished up welding a turbo manifold for a budy of mine. he mocked it up, i just did the welding. came out pretty well.

i could make somthing similar for you guys.

enjoy!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
presure2
nice welds.
94celicadude
looks great. I have taken a tig welding course myself...i was just curious do you run an inert gas through the pipes as you weld them or is it mild steel and you dont need to?
jcaron9gt4
can we get prices please? smile.gif btw, nice job on it...came out good
lagos
very nice work.
ihaveacelica2
QUOTE(94celicadude @ Apr 4, 2007 - 9:47 AM) [snapback]543056[/snapback]

looks great. I have taken a tig welding course myself...i was just curious do you run an inert gas through the pipes as you weld them or is it mild steel and you dont need to?

all tig uses an inert gas thus the name tig or tungsten inert gas

the most common used is argon but i used to used a mix of 75% argon and 25% helium for penetration and cleanliness

edit: damn i cant read. gas through the pipes isnt really nessesary but it does add to the cleanliness of the weld

also btw nice mani
angrymike
QUOTE(94celicadude @ Apr 4, 2007 - 2:47 PM) [snapback]543056[/snapback]

what your referring too is back purging. that particular manifold was not. i typically don't, but I'm working on getting a system set up. the more extras i do the more expensive it gets though.

you get whats called "sugaring" if you don't backpurge with full penetration of the metal. that stuff is a little over an 1/8" thick, so i don't usually fully penetrate to try to avoid that condition. i get a tinny bit usually, but nothing thats going to cause restriction.

not sure about pricing, but that would particular manifold would go for $900. if anyone is interested a manifold, exhaust or just need some info, please feel free to pm me.

thanks for the compliments. i'm new here, so i thought i would show you guys i'm not a bench racer.
6G94celica
im interested in an exhaust manifold if you could pm me a quote
tangcla
Interested too. Will it suit a gen3 3S-GTE with a CT20b? smile.gif
zipstrips
how about a t25/t28 flange for on a 3s manifold like that... would like to run the disco someday
tangcla
Has your friend fitted the manifold, and did he get any gains out of it?
presure2
QUOTE(zipstrips @ Apr 15, 2007 - 1:13 PM) [snapback]546924[/snapback]

how about a t25/t28 flange for on a 3s manifold like that... would like to run the disco someday

zipper, supossedly the T3 exhaust housing setup that ATP and now garrett sells is a MUCH better match for the 3s.
if your thinking bout going that route, search mr2oc for a members posts named "bruceh"
the guy is a walking encyclopedia on the disco potato on the 3s, and his posts are AWESOME.
angrymike
the manifold pictured at the top is for a saturn. i flew that out to my friends shop in LA last week to fit it up, weld in a wastegate and build a down pipe. that particular manifold is for a gt28rs turbo with a t3 turbine housing. it will be a couple weeks before i get any feed back, but i'm sure it will make good power.

most of my manifolds make pretty good numbers. i havn't had any full-on race cars use them, however i've had a handful of individuals in the high 300whp to low 400whp on pump gas in hondas and saturns.

i built a kit for a 02 automatic celica gt about a year ago that made 280whp on 8psi. t3/t4 50 trim and emanage.

heres another project i'm trying to finish tomarrow

IPB Image

IPB Image
tangcla
geez that wheel looks monstrous!

Are there any earlier spool gains from the manifold?
angrymike
QUOTE(tangcla @ Apr 20, 2007 - 3:53 AM) [snapback]548713[/snapback]

geez that wheel looks monstrous!

Are there any earlier spool gains from the manifold?

turbo is a t3/t4 50 trim, stage 3 turbine .63a/r. its good for about 450whp. you would probably see full boost on a 3s by 3500 rpm or a little later on 20psi.

thats the smallest turbo that i sell with my kits. that particular turbo is my favorite. good for low and high boost on pump gas for your average driver.
playr158
ic a hole in the weld frown.gif
angrymike
QUOTE(playr158 @ Apr 20, 2007 - 4:09 AM) [snapback]548725[/snapback]

ic a hole in the weld frown.gif

mmm...... the manifold isn't finished and if your refering to the turbine housing, there isn't.

the turbine housing has 3 full passes on it with nickle rod. the imperfections in the casting bring all sorts of crap out in the weld making it look like it has pits or holes.

i assure you, its about as solid as it gets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.