so i hop in the celi tonight to go take a drive around O-Town, fully planning to be out all hours of the night

since i just got my 1st day off in a month. as i'm waitin for my girlfriend to come out and bring me my cell, i

notice that distinct, hot-honey scent of radiator fumes wafting through the air. i pop the hood and after

searching for a moment(had been smelling the fumes for about a week now and replaced the upper hose

since thats the area where all the dried fluid stained my CAI. had also replaced the rad cap just to be safe) i

found 2 razor blade-like slits just below the neck of the rad. friggin sux. too dark now to do anything. lucky

(hopefully) for me. i had already bought a replacement rad for my 5th gen before it was totalled. was

hoping to be able to use that but at a glance...looks like its a little longer and the upper hose inlet and neck

placement are exactly opposite of the OEM rad. that is to say the upper hose inlet on the aftermarket is

where the OEM cap and neck would be. :sigh: so gonna take a crack at it in the morn to see whats goin on.

at the moment the car still cools just fine as the cracks a very very small...but rather change is sooner than

later...all in all, my day off is screwed. i guess i could look at it as quality time with the celi...but i was

hoping to spend my day off in it with the top down as opposed to under the hood...again. whew!

sorry...kinda just had to get that all off my chest. i don't post much so you could say i'm makin up for lost

time tongue.gif