Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lack of heat
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Xero
I have replaced the thermostat, rinsed out the engine, the heater core and the radiator. Have even heated up the thermostat in hot water to make sure that it opens. The upper radiator hose gets hot soon and the lower quite awhile later. The heater hoses are hot, but no heat. I even took out the control valve out of the heater hose line and checked that it worked. Could it be something electrical?
Coomer
Does your car blow air when you turn on the fan? Does it just blow cool air? If so, it's not electrical. I trust that you've properly bled the cooling system?
bindertch
Check the cables behind the control pannel (for the heat and AC). Also it could be electric so check the servo motor there are two on the drivers side inside the dash the one on top behind the instrument panel is the inlet motor the lower one is the outlet motor. The way to check it is to put a ground to one terminal and battery voltage to the other and if it moves it's good. You can switch the terminals to check that it can move the other direction.
Culpable04
just out of curiosity, since when we have GT with 1.8 L kindasad.gif
mneal2_92788
i had this prob. under the drivers right side panel by your gas pedal, look under there and see if your blue wire (climate control for heat/cool) is off its latch. i did this and figured it out after teh cold part of winter was over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.