Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dream Swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
macavely
Ok this post is about your dream swap with in the allowed rules ..

1. Can only be a inline 4
2. Can Not change the FWD of the car

MY Dream Swap

Engine : 3S-GE Black Top, Light weight Forged Crank Shaft, Forged Rods , Forged Pistons 12:1, Titanium Valve Springs , Valves, Ported and Polished Head, Cold Air Intake , Full Race Exhaust Head back, ECU Top Secret, 40 Shot of Nitrous.

I'll add more later..

Whats your
celicaST
i dont like your first rule. mine would be a 2grfe 3.5l v6. if i have to choose a i4, id go with an st205 3sgte.

Bigmeanbulldog55
reliable all motor 2zzge on pump gas
j0e_p3t
if it has to be a 4-banger... i guess the 6-speed 4a-ge blacktop would be easiest.
bccentaur3
I'd go with the 2ZZ motor 6 speed turbo'd with water injection and running 10 psi daily.
zipstrips
sr20det, the GTIR version too!

let the flameing begin!
macavely
QUOTE(zipstrips @ Apr 8, 2007 - 9:54 PM) [snapback]544617[/snapback]

let the flameing begin!

i like cross brand swaps.... I would love to some some some drop a K20 in a 6gc one day
6th_celi_vert
QUOTE(macavely @ Apr 8, 2007 - 9:02 PM) [snapback]544621[/snapback]

let the flameing begin!

i like cross brand swaps.... I would love to some some some drop a K20 in a 6gc one day

*Spits 'baccer juice*

"Or a Hemi"
Valo666
QUOTE(macavely @ Apr 8, 2007 - 9:02 PM) [snapback]544621[/snapback]

let the flameing begin!

Ive been waiting for some one to swap a K20 into one of our cars. I think a K20 with a jackson supercharger with a big boost pulley, forged internals, port and polished, AEM fuel rail, Sard injectors, Skunk 2 headers and valve train peices, a 50shot of nitrous, 6speed would be fun

I built a guys car when i was working as a co-op student that was pushing 400BHP in his RSX as a daily driver. That thing was fun
devilsden97
QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Apr 8, 2007 - 7:04 PM) [snapback]544578[/snapback]

I'd go with the 2ZZ motor 6 speed turbo'd with water injection and running 10 psi daily.

^ theres soooo many issues with the 2zz boosted...it wasnt designed for it. it comes highly tuned from kawisaki ( or yamaha...whoever) and boost is pretty hard on that motor.
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(devilsden97 @ Apr 8, 2007 - 10:11 PM) [snapback]544627[/snapback]

^ theres soooo many issues with the 2zz boosted...it wasnt designed for it. it comes highly tuned from kawisaki ( or yamaha...whoever) and boost is pretty hard on that motor.

RRRRRRRR, wrong answer. That's what I use to think too, but people have really been making it work lately. I didn't think they could, but they are. Everyone hated that motor at first. I read were the 1zzfe was a better platform for modifications. I stand by my original post though. But I would rather just keep the 5sfe more than anything. Swapping is just about pointless for the Celica, at least for how I use it.
bccentaur3
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Apr 8, 2007 - 9:22 PM) [snapback]544634[/snapback]

QUOTE(devilsden97 @ Apr 8, 2007 - 10:11 PM) [snapback]544627[/snapback]

RRRRRRRR, wrong answer. That's what I use to think too, but people have really been making it work lately. I didn't think they could, but they are. Everyone hated that motor at first. I read were the 1zzfe was a better platform for modifications. I stand by my original post though. But I would rather just keep the 5sfe more than anything. Swapping is just about pointless for the Celica, at least for how I use it.

I am with you about sticking with the 5sfe. But I really like the 2ZZ motor mainly because of lift and people are making the motor work well with boost. People talk about the 1zz being better with boost, but you won't get as much power out of it compared to the 2zz motor.
Coomer
Honda K20 for me. That'd be a blast.
bccentaur3
Which K20 though? If it was the K series dealy, I'd go with a K24/K20A1 Frankenstien. Plus turbo.
shin
QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Apr 8, 2007 - 11:04 PM) [snapback]544578[/snapback]

It's really unsafe to boost more than 8psi on the 2zz.. it's pretty vulnerable to boost with stock internals.
BBoYRuGGeD
would that dream swap of urs be for the tC mac? smile.gif

for me i'd love to have a 3sgte under the hood, oh wait i have 1. YESS!! tongue.gif nah but i'd love to have another celi with a redtop 3sge in it.

bboy
GTSOwner
Twin screw supercharger on a 5sfe. Not for the gains, just that it isn't all that common.
macavely
QUOTE(BBoYRuGGeD @ Apr 9, 2007 - 2:07 PM) [snapback]544814[/snapback]

would that dream swap of urs be for the tC mac? smile.gif

for me i'd love to have a 3sgte under the hood, oh wait i have 1. YESS!! tongue.gif nah but i'd love to have another celi with a redtop 3sge in it.

bboy

lol Roel that would be for the Celi .. for the tC.. that would just be and motor rebuild and heavy boost.. lol .. i'm really loving my 2az
uberschall
If it had to be a toyota motor:
blacktop 3SGE and e153 lsd trans.

if i could choose anything, it would be a HARD choice between an SR20DET or a K24 with roller ITBs.
macavely
QUOTE(uberschall @ Apr 9, 2007 - 7:38 PM) [snapback]544943[/snapback]

If it had to be a toyota motor:
blacktop 3SGE and e153 lsd trans.

if i could choose anything, it would be a HARD choice between an SR20DET or a K24 with roller ITBs.

great thing about this thread it can be an 4banger from any motor company .. GM. Ford, Honda , Toyota, Mitsubishi, BMW, VW .. ect..
Drew-887
I guess I would want a 4agze with a Sc14 supercharger.
Kwanza26
IMO... big turbos and superchargers that make a lot of power/torque are pretty obsolete in a FWD car. If you've ever raced a high torque FWD car... you never really get to touch the entire powerband because the cars are just too squirly in the corners to handle well with big torque. Understeer FTL.

That said... my idea set-up... K20A, custom tune, custom rods, custom pistons, would like at least 12:5 compression, ITB's, reinforced crank, cams that can make power upwards of 10K rpms, and a stronger tranny with a killer 2 way LSD.
macavely
QUOTE(Kwanza26 @ Apr 10, 2007 - 3:53 PM) [snapback]545271[/snapback]

IMO... big turbos and superchargers that make a lot of power/torque are pretty obsolete in a FWD car. If you've ever raced a high torque FWD car... you never really get to touch the entire powerband because the cars are just too squirly in the corners to handle well with big torque. Understeer FTL.

That said... my idea set-up... K20A, custom tune, custom rods, custom pistons, would like at least 12:5 compression, ITB's, reinforced crank, cams that can make power upwards of 10K rpms, and a stronger tranny with a killer 2 way LSD.

see this thread need more post like this..
Hanyo
my dream swap will be:

V6 engine with a 6 gear transmission, just to keep with the whole 6gc thing.

But to stick to the rules. I would say my idea swap will be a high rev'ing black top beams. Nothing can beat the itb at redline.
Bigmeanbulldog55
5sfe with custom cams, Full EMS, Injectors, Pistons to increase compression to about 11:1, peak power set at 6200rpm, ITBs, e152 trans with lightwieght flywheel, plus all supporting mods and other little things like pulleys and what not.
95CelicaST
My dream swap.... My celica with a Geo 1.0L 3 banger.... Stock..

On a serious note I would like to swap a 4A-GE 20V blacktop 6sp manual. Port and polish, valve job, new high comp pistons. Reinforced cranshaft. new valves and retainers, cams, velocity stacks, stage 3 clutch, lightweight flywheel etc.
Valo666
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Apr 11, 2007 - 10:14 PM) [snapback]545827[/snapback]

Why stay stock? U should buy my buddies turbo setup off his Geo..lol
97lestyousay
16v 4age formula atlantic, 6 speed, not real streetable.haha
95CelicaST
QUOTE(Valo666 @ Apr 11, 2007 - 8:16 PM) [snapback]545830[/snapback]

QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Apr 11, 2007 - 10:14 PM) [snapback]545827[/snapback]

Why stay stock? U should buy my buddies turbo setup off his Geo..lol

Hell, why not two 3 bangers under the hood. One supercharged, the other turbo!
playr158
i would but a Hayabusa motor in my celica, with built up internals, running on a chain drive system, complete with a supercharger kit which boosts from 0 to 14,000RPM redline, upgraded ITBs, larger injectors
good HP#s and LTW!
Negative
I'm easy:
ST-205 3S-GTE with
Stock WTA IC
Boost controller
WI
AEM Wideband o2 sensor
SRI
Exhaust Manifold and Downpipe [mated to my existing exhaust]
All wired up to work with my SAFC-II and a full set of working gauges
E-153 Tranny with LSD
Upgraded axles
Big Brake kit
Done.
See - easy - I told you.
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Apr 11, 2007 - 11:14 PM) [snapback]545827[/snapback]

I'm running on a stock 5sfe is 3 cylinders right now. Man, this thing actually runs pretty good for just 3 cylinders. I can't wate to get that other one working.
Shigexile
hmmm maybe a 4g63 just because the ej20 is a boxer engine.

Plus, you can tune the bajeezus out of that thing... but not really a mitsu fan so after all i might just go with the sr20 (to cross companies)
BUT, i'm loyal to toyota the most so most likely a 3sgte. easiest out of the three too.
the only thing is that everybody is saying this so i might switch the turbo to a compressor... yeah... thats what my dream swap is...

a supercharged 3s-g(z)e? biggrin.gif
Negative
Twin charged would be nice. I'm sure I could fab a bracket for the generic type SC's like the TRD one for the tC.
Bigmeanbulldog55
Sorry, but twin charging is pretty much pointless in a FWD. Drag racers can just us big turboes and not have problems. You can't get a FWD to hook up well enough to use that extra power off the bottom. Anything over 300hp in FWD is just a waste unless it's a strate up drag car.
Negative
Twin charge doesn't necessarily mean you have to be over 300WHP. I was thinking more for creating a car with no lag - nice full powerband throughout the rpm range. It can still be driven right so as not to just spin through 1st and 2nd gears. FWD is not that bad. besides it would be good in the twisties where the right amount of throttle [not just WOT all the time] makes our cars fairly exceptional. I have FR and MR people compliment my car all the time. It's about finesse - not balls to the walls 24/7.
playr158
even a low HP twin charge....the SC would spin 1st and 2nd no problem if a stock CT26 is going to spin them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.