Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type R or 3sgte
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
djestylez401
has anyone who has swap 3sgte ever raced a civic with a type r dropped in. The specs say that the 3sgte has more hp than the type r but who would win when it actually came down to a race. Would weight be a big issue? I think it would. But who would own? wat do you guys think
playr158
3s > type r
devilsden97
a fully loaded Gt is pretty hefty...could be close to 2900lbs with moonroof and what not.

while a civic could be pretty bair bones and weigh something like 2100lbs

idk what type R motor your talking specificly (i also dont know honda very well...)

integra type R from like 93 to 00?
rsx type R from 00 till 05?
civic type R ?? till now?
94_st_hatchback
if its ITR(b18c5) or CTR(B16)..i say 3s but if its RSX-R(K20)..then k20! and weigh would def. make a diff.!
djestylez401
i was talking about the civic type r. the new japanese models do 222bhp with 159lb ft of torque stock . But even then its still lower than 3sgte

I SAY 3s would own ALL DAY
jayi12-15psi
I'm sure he's talking ITR, either way, it's an easy kill for the 3sgte.

Hondas are good cars, but if the 96-00 ex had similar hp to the 5s and I wasted them with my old gt, the lack of low end torque kills.

same goes for the ITR motor, it makes a significantly less amount of power, especially in the torque department.
bccentaur3
The K20A1 motor will own a 3s swap imo. Less weight. Any one seen the civic hatch with a stock K20a1 race the evo boosting 21 psi? Even though it was from a roll, the civic took him.
jayi12-15psi
if it's from a roll, it's not a race. and there's too many to much unspecified info here, we could be talking about a 1st 3s against a k20 type R, the k20 would take it.
devilsden97
QUOTE(jayi12-15psi @ Apr 10, 2007 - 12:15 AM) [snapback]545071[/snapback]

if it's from a roll, it's not a race. and there's too many to much unspecified info here, we could be talking about a 1st 3s against a k20 type R, the k20 would take it.

the 1st gen 3s was also in the st165 from like 1983
the k20 is from 2005....

if ur trying to compair that..its like david meets goliath, and goliath desimates him.

the k20 would have at least 15 years more in automotive advances, its NO contest.
jayi12-15psi
I'm not trying to compare the 1st gen 3s with the k20, everyone knows that the k20 would be the better motor. But he's talking about just some type r(we don't know which one!) vs a 3sgte(we don't know which one!).

My point was that we need more info, any my david goliath motors were put in this thread to make the same point you just made again. They're not comparable, it's no contest and like I said, the K20 would take it.

But, I will stick by a claim that the 3rd or 4th gen 3sgte will take the k20. all things being equal in the weight reduction(as in, it wouldn't be fair to take the seats out of the teg and leave them in the celica)
easternpiro1
IPB Image

insert pic of K20

biggrin.gif laugh.gif I MURDER K20'S FOR FUN...... tastes yummy going down...
Insanity-74
Have raced pretty much every Honda TypeR going...the only one that I cant be guaranteed to beat is the latest Interga TypeR...those things are fast...all the others...Civics, old integras, etc etc No worries, nothing but fodder.
neoklis
Shaming suped up Type Rs is my daily treat. But I am referring to an original JDM GT4 and not a swap. I would think that other the traction issues, a swap correctly made would have absolutely no problem killing off a Type R of whatever age unless its boosting something like 7-8 PSi and not the 14s the original GT4 is boosting.
playr158
QUOTE(devilsden97 @ Apr 10, 2007 - 12:18 AM) [snapback]545073[/snapback]

the k20 is from 2005....

if ur trying to compair that..its like david meets goliath, and goliath desimates him.

the k20 would have at least 15 years more in automotive advances, its NO contest.

you dumbass........David OWNED Goliath freakin hardcore

IPB Image
Kwanza26
In a straight line versus B series... 3SGTE
In a straight line versus K series... 3SGTE
On a tight track versus B series... toss up
On a tight track versus K series... K series

Stock versus stock btw.

Our full blown and built LSVTEC with 12:1 compression and Skunk2 cams, in our little civic hatch was only running mid 13's in the 1/4 mile on street tires and a good launch. A 3SGTE at 15psi on street tires with a good launch could probably match that. Our K20A on the other hand, running IPS cams, a custom K-Pro tune, LSD, on street tires easily ran between 13.2 and 13.5 all night. Probably break 12's with slicks. If a 3SGTE had similar mods, slicks, and a good ass driver... it'll run consistant high 12's. IMO. On the track, a different story. I'd have to say, having mucho torque in the low-mid range will hurt a FWD car in the handling department... while the n/a cars can pretty much go full throttle through it.
6gc_driven
QUOTE(playr158 @ Apr 10, 2007 - 8:25 AM) [snapback]545150[/snapback]

QUOTE(devilsden97 @ Apr 10, 2007 - 12:18 AM) [snapback]545073[/snapback]

the k20 is from 2005....

you dumbass........David OWNED Goliath freakin hardcore

IPB Image

LMAO!!! ROFL!! laugh.gif laugh.gif IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.