Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car problems...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Daftboy
So here is the deal.....about December my car started idling a little rough, its not a big deal but its big enough that i can feel it when the car is at idle. Usally is flux's between 1k and 600....Now its not stall at all or anything like that. But when I go into first and release the cluth as i would normally the car seems to want to stall. I give it more gas so it doesn't but that does not really fix the problem. Its only in first gear no other and only from a stop. Its almost like it watns to stall under load. I thought it might have been the clucth so i gave it a simple cluth test that my friend said to do and also checked the engine mounts seeing as I thought maybe that would be it. But they are in good condtion. So I'm stuck. I replace the sparkplugs about 1 year ago about 9k miles ago. and also have new spark plug wires on it as well. Im thinking maybe i should change the cap and rotor. SOME ONE HELP ME OOUT PLEASE =].
PS. it does it more so on a cold start.
Hanyo
try cleaning your throttle body with a tooth brush and carb cleaner.
Daftboy
I sea foamed it about 6 months ago...what do you think about that ?
tangcla
Try resetting your ECU while you're at it.
Daftboy
Well today after work I will Try to reset the ECU...I simply just unplug the battery for what like an hour so ?
LewFX
just pull the 15 amp ecu fuse for a few minutes..but it sounds like a bad aic...idle control valve do hicky mah bobber
Daftboy
Ill look at idle air controller this weekend...was gonna do it last weekend but with all the rain could not be bothered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.