Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: buyin a GT4 engine
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
peroxwhysm00
is it true that you can drop a 94-99 GT4 engine into a 94 GT Celica 5S-FE and its basically a perfect fit?
x_itchy_b_x
to my knowledge its never been done. EVER!

Jk, yes its done often. http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=37569
Thats a good thread to start with. ^
The search button has alot of good info also.
Hope you find the info your looking for.
goferris
QUOTE(peroxwhysm00 @ Apr 16, 2007 - 1:16 PM) [snapback]547297[/snapback]

is it true that you can drop a 94-99 GT4 engine into a 94 GT Celica 5S-FE and its basically a perfect fit?

where are you planning on getting your motor from? from what i hear it is best to get a full front clip so you won't need to worry about getting any extra parts. if you are lucky you can find one that includes the jdm fenders, hood, and bumper as well.
DSToyo
you have to get a custom wireing harness too i believe
bccentaur3
Make sure you get the clip or else you'll be fishing for misc. parts.
jcaron9gt4
yea, go with the clip....ive seen front clips for under 3k excluding fenders and bumper but thats still decent considering you wont have to go looking for much extra.
toyotacrazy
Do yourself a favor. Save up for the clip. wink.gif
peroxwhysm00
so ive seen these clips now, and of course there really big and all, just how do you get it installed on ur car? its not something they can just deliver like a motor to your house right? How much to install it?
bccentaur3
The point of getting the clip is to get every thing you need for the swap. From coil packs, ignitors ect. Its just like any other motor swaps. You take the motor out of your car and the clip and take the motor from the clip and put it in yours. Of course you will need the ecu harness converted to run the ecu from the clip.
lagos
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

look here for the rest
http://www.celicatech.com/lagos/swap%20picture%20diary%2004/
peroxwhysm00
wow, this is an amazing site, everything i needed to know!! thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.