Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte Gas Mileage
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
tycar
Hey guys,

I've searched this forum multiple times and havent heard anyone give numbers about the 3sgte fuel mileage.

lets start a list of your mpg at whatever boost you're running. also any stock numbers would be great! Thanks!
99GT
QUOTE(presure2 @ Jun 16, 2006 - 5:51 PM) [snapback]445370[/snapback]

gas milage is all dependant on the right foot.
the more you press it, the faster you waste it.
lagos
19mpg of city driving with a lead foot.
P5ycho
i have st205, its supposed to retun about 26mpg as stock,
i am running 1.1bar boost and i get 400 to 420 miles to a full tank...
toyotacrazy
2nd gen. JDM 3sgte with mr2 e-153

17 MPG with 10 psi. in the throttle a BUNCH!

22 MPG with several full boost runs but usually conservative highway
neoklis
You dont want to know.

Well, I really cant believe how P5ycho can get 420 miles to a tank (max 68 ltrs) unless is only highway and without boosting. At 1.1bar, we are talking about excellent mapping also.

The issue is that when you have such a car is very difficult to have your mind on mpg as you continuously feel the need to boost.
WannabeGT4
17 to 20 mpg... auto transmission low boost and currently without second gear. Still fun as hell to drive though.
qatar11
2nd Gen 3SGTE - 100% stock except intake and exchaust I was getting Mid 300s on a tank of gas.
beno
i get 7km/Litre as stock with a 3" exhaust, stocks ment to be 11km/L (i.e. 22mpg as p5ycho stated). thats with all around town driving and not with a heavy foot and not going above 3000rpm ever
domyz
I made 27 mpg with 3rd gen 3SGTE (13,5psi,3" cat-back, Castrol syntec 5w30,) at 82MPH(and many times WOT to 100mph) in a 187 miles run.
I stopped tu put the gas in the tank exactly the same time in the beginning than at the end.

At lower Speed (60mph), my 3SGTE should make an impressive 35-36 mpg
Is my car normal? 3sgte is very economical for a 300hp engine

Please post your cars MPG
WWSideWinder
HI I have a Stock Curren (St206 with the 2L 3S-FE Motor)

I'm getting 10 to 11Km/L
Cuts_the_Pilot
around 500 km to a tank, with occasional boosting (20psi), and mostly highway driving. Mine is tuned pretty rich but i still get a reasonable 9-10 km/L. I dont use the fuel below the empty line though.
RickJamesBish
Wow, that is pretty damn efficient. I hate how all today's small four bangers get such good mileage...

7A-FE, I get around 25 MPG, 90% of that being city. I've never fully emptied the tank, but I can squeeze close to 400 miles out of one filling.
darthripley
2nd gen 3sgte @12-14psi on the highway when it's running using no boost 28-30mpg average
driving around town @12-14psi having fun using right foot enjoying boost when it's running 19-20mpg
bccentaur3
Wow, I envy you guys with great gas mileage. I did a complete tune-up and with 15 psi and a lead foot I get 15 mpg. Maybe its my o2 sensor?
Fastbird
2nd Gen GTE, 16lbs boost (CT26), with CONSERVATIVE driving (read VERY little hard throttle runs) I average about 280 miles a tank or right at 22mpg with a 80/20 mix of city to highway driving. I am 100% positive that if I put an aftermarket ECU on the car, dumped the cold start injector, went to speed density, and reworked the VE tables I could up that by about 3-4 MPG. Downside for the swapped cars is the gearing, turning all those RPM's doesn't help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.