Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Power
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
to0l42o
besides turboing and swapping my 5sfe.. what are other alternatives to achieve big HP gains in my car? cams? exhaust? header? .. stuff to make my engine more powerful..
bccentaur3
Headers, full exhaust system, upgrade injectors, safc to control the fuel injectors.
Celicaguy13
how much Power are you talking about? Stock it's about 110whp.
Ratix240sx
Try here
devilsden97
adjust your timing....like 15 degrees will give u a pretty good increase. (we were going to try it at the track on my car at DWG last year...but I didnt have 97 in my tank.....)
naxxal
QUOTE(devilsden97 @ Apr 24, 2007 - 3:12 AM) [snapback]549846[/snapback]

adjust your timing....like 15 degrees will give u a pretty good increase. (we were going to try it at the track on my car at DWG last year...but I didnt have 97 in my tank.....)

To change the timing, is it the same way like on corolla, turn the distributor to 15 degrees? if so, which direction clockwise or counterwise? i did this on Corolla only to adjust idling RPMs, so let me know. thanks
NuSpec02
I'm interested too, but could someone point me in the direction to research

"adjust your timing....like 15 degrees will give u a pretty good increase."

and

"To change the timing, is it the same way like on corolla, turn the distributor to 15 degrees? if so, which direction clockwise or counterwise? i did this on Corolla only to adjust idling RPMs, so let me know. thanks"

Or will how stuff works.com have information?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.