Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fly wheel
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
JDcelica
I'm new here and am wondering if it is possible to get a light weight fly wheel from a 3sgte and put it on a 5sfe cuz the 5sfe flly wheel is heavy. thanks JDCelica
Supersprynt
No you cant use a 3sgte flywheel. Fidanza makes aluminum LW 10lb. flywheels for the 5sfe:

Part #: 130901
JDcelica
do you know by any chance how heavy the stock fly wheel is?
Supersprynt
It feels like 20lbs, but I dont know for sure.
presure2
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Apr 26, 2007 - 6:15 PM) [snapback]551154[/snapback]

It feels like 20lbs, but I dont know for sure.

yea, if i had to guess, i would say 20lbs at least.
the thing is pretty heavy for what it is.
JDcelica
Sweet thanks for the help. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
JWST205
You could look into ogura, but I don't know if they are doing a 5sfe one. These don't way a thing (4.4 kg or 9.7 lbs).
malpaso
Just a noob question... Is really that important to have -10lb weight fly wheel? How much that help with... anything? Thanks for info... smile.gif
Supersprynt
It allows more horsepower to be transfered to the wheels instead the force it takes to turn it.
malpaso
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Apr 27, 2007 - 5:50 PM) [snapback]551465[/snapback]

It allows more horsepower to be transfered to the wheels instead the force it takes to turn it.

How much it should be? 2Hp, 5HP, 10HP? Just wondering if it's worth that money...
95CelicaST
Kind of still on topic, but wouldn't a 4AGE flywheel bolt to a 7AFE, same transmission and all, right?
Supersprynt
The flywheel bolts to the motor, not the transmission. And even though they are both A series motors, the 5s and 3s flywheels are different.
Coomer
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Apr 27, 2007 - 11:14 AM) [snapback]551527[/snapback]

Kind of still on topic, but wouldn't a 4AGE flywheel bolt to a 7AFE, same transmission and all, right?

No. The 7A-FE's crankshaft has six holes, while the 4A-GE's crankshaft has eight.

I noticed a big difference going from a lightweight flywheel back to a stock one on my 4A-GE. If I had the money, I would definitely buy the Toda 8.15 lb. flywheel for my motor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.