Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Celicas
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
silvasurfa
For ages now ive been obsessed with the silva Celica. Content that that is the colour i wanted and that was the colour i was getting.
Recently however i am drawn to the dark side...
Black Celicas...
Examples like Blackjacks beast with the 19 inch OZantares!
Does anyone want to argue their case, Black, Silva, or indeed 'other'

I am not completely sold but this doubt is unnerving, once fully commited i now walk a misty path confused.gif
blkGT
Black celicas rule! lol . Look at natalies celica. Gt-4 hood and bumper. *drool*

macavely
silva... welcome to the darkside my son.....
Drunken_Style
Black
poddjam
Once you go black ... you never go back, ahmm celica that is wink.gif
ToYCeLi8
yeah i love my BLACK celi. and ALL of my friends 2.. biggrin.gif wiggle.gif

DEUCE
Andason
i like my silver and so do the women smile.gif
ToYCeLi8
QUOTE (Andason @ Jul 21, 2003 - 8:58 PM)
i like my silver and so do the women smile.gif

DIDO
BlackCelicaGT94
Thanks for the comp..heres a pic of my baby along with Coomers baby

user posted image
95STCelica
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

doggy -- a lil help here..?
macavely
brian don't try it black celicas rule the world.... wonder why your interior is black.... lol
PlanetFuzz
BLACK!!!! The best and most masculine color
95STCelica
QUOTE (macavely @ Jul 22, 2003 - 12:59 AM)
brian don't try it black celicas rule the world.... wonder why your interior is black.... lol

man if i only the saying "its on the inside what counts" applied here... smile.gif funny too cuz i like my interior cuz its all blizack.. biggrin.gif
hioctane
black celicas look more like supras =)
7aek
BLACK. DARK. VERY DARK BLACK. bestest.
chucho
QUOTE (poddjam @ Jul 21, 2003 - 8:50 PM)
Once you go black ... you never go back, ahmm celica that is wink.gif

once you go white...that ain't right wink.gif
Sorry i like black, its smooth and pretty but the truth is it sucks for dust, dirt, and kinda of ding and anything else which stands out like a sore thumb. I personally will go with a deep red, but my car is already red so it makes since, but my favorite color on the celica is silver, y else would veilside have their kit displayed with it?? shows all the great curves of our car and their kit, just my op.
Benevolence
Im a fan of black... but between dust, swirls, dings and such silver is just a better color to me (in fact thats what I have!).
forkee
hehe.....welcome to the dark side biggrin.gif
silvasurfa
Silva is my first love but Brian you cant deny the draw...
Aside from the interior you have a black sun strip, tints, carbon hood and gun metal rims!!! wink.gif
doGGy
QUOTE (95STCelica @ Jul 21, 2003 - 9:20 PM)
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

doggy -- a lil help here..?

!!!!!SILVER SILVER SILVER!!!!! biggrin.gif
doGGy
Silver is the best color for the people that are lazy... Cuz you dont have to wash your car to often... i had Black Corolla, it looked perfect but it was always dirty... And i know one thing now - i will never buy a BLACK car again... biggrin.gif

P.S. ha ha second page owned owned.gif !!! Silver color rulez!!!
macavely
silver is nice... but black is beautiful....
BlackSTX
Black is best. It hides more dents and dings than any color.
doGGy
QUOTE (BlackSTX @ Jul 22, 2003 - 5:36 AM)

True man, true...
macavely
QUOTE (BlackSTX @ Jul 22, 2003 - 7:36 AM)

oh yea i 2nd that
Inferno
A black car is the best.
claudio
Dust and dirt really show up on a black celi, but when my celi is washed and I see the clouds floating by on my hood... all I can say to myself is "damn, I'm lucky to have such a sweet ride."
silvasurfa
Thanks for your comments guys, keep em comin! biggrin.gif
Jussimple
Uh, I vote for black biggrin.gif
HyperDeathKill
Custom.
aaronc222
I've always loved black Celicas. Even before I got the 6th gen, my 3rd gen GTS was Black. I'm changing it up a bit soon though, House of Kolors Black Pearl Midnite Blue(looks black in the shade and gets blue highlights from bright lights).

Silver is easier, but black is worth the effort. Just polish and wax it every 3-4 months and it will shine like no other(I use Eagle One Wet Look, but there are many good waxes out there).
ScoobyDooCruiser
Other.
Me thinks this is the wrong thread to be voicing my opin.

Black is nice, but unless you can keep it waxed once a week, they look like crap.

And silver it just too common.

Go green, or yellow, or turquoise. Midnight blue looks good if you like dark colors.

Although, a well upkept black celi is sexy, but personally I ain't got 8 hours a week to wash my car.

Good luck, let us know what you decid.
95STCelica
QUOTE (silvasurfa @ Jul 22, 2003 - 7:44 AM)
Silva is my first love but Brian you cant deny the draw...
Aside from the interior you have a black sun strip, tints, carbon hood and gun metal rims!!! wink.gif

and it looks damn good too right ? biggrin.gif
Jussimple
So, did black win or is it still undecided biggrin.gif
Swifty
QUOTE (aaronc222 @ Jul 22, 2003 - 3:26 PM)
I've always loved black Celicas. Even before I got the 6th gen, my 3rd gen GTS was Black. I'm changing it up a bit soon though, House of Kolors Black Pearl Midnite Blue(looks black in the shade and gets blue highlights from bright lights).

Silver is easier, but black is worth the effort. Just polish and wax it every 3-4 months and it will shine like no other(I use Eagle One Wet Look, but there are many good waxes out there).

hey man, ive got the same colour, its awsome.....I vote Midnight blue.....all the advantages of black (black cars look more serious to me) but with a unique look
x_itchy_b_x
Silver. need i say more.
silvasurfa
QUOTE (Jussimple @ Jul 22, 2003 - 4:27 PM)
So, did black win or is it still undecided biggrin.gif

Well i think its gonna be one of those long running issues- at least untill ive bought one anyway! When fact is, ill love it whatever colour it is!
smile.gif

Have to say though, it looks like black has won this battle- but who will win the war?!!! biggrin.gif

gjunon
WHITE is teh bomb stays cool and looks tight i can see the clouds and its fun to blind ppl with the suns reflaction and it doesnt get dirty like blacks you cannot tell biggrin.gif i VOTE WHITE!
yep
silver with a nice black window tint is nice...
Akimbo
Swifty can you post a good daytime pic of your car's shade of blue?
Swifty
QUOTE (Akimbo @ Jul 22, 2003 - 8:51 PM)
Swifty can you post a good daytime pic of your car's shade of blue?

i dont have a digi cam or a scanner, but if i can borrow one, sure ill post some
black is just beautiful on a celica especially at sunset.
Blackcelliman
I can't stop staring at my car after I wash and wax it. It just looks so damn good. But the problem is keeping it clean. I wash it at least once a week due to my work schedule. But, I'm gonna have to agree with some of you guys and say that black does hide the dings and dents as oppossed to the lighter color cars. My car has a nice dent on my rear passenger side behind the wheelwell and there's dings all over it, but you can't see them in the picts that I have in my profile. Check them out.
Lastdream
welcome to the dark side The Black side Black is nice the car just looks nice in black
Cragspider
Well, Every body remembers my BLACK Beauty. She was one of the nicest celicas here. But now that I am looking for another one I really want black. Since it is so tight. But silver is a good color. I would get one but I think that it wont look as good as black with my kit on. But who knows right now. Look at my profile for more pics of it.
Bryan
Ghost
Black is a beatiful color, but it is hard to keep up. If I were to change colors (which I plan on doing in the future) I would try to find the paint code for the same color of blueish/purple that is in the perfect blue celica. That is what I believe to be the best looking color for this car...it shows off the curves very well, would not be as MUCH as a problem keeping it clean, would be more unique, and its easy on the eyes/eye catching at the same time.
silvasurfa
QUOTE (Cragspider @ Jul 24, 2003 - 6:11 PM)
Well, Every body remembers my BLACK Beauty. She was one of the nicest celicas here. But now that I am looking for another one I really want black. Since it is so tight. But silver is a good color. I would get one but I think that it wont look as good as black with my kit on. But who knows right now. Look at my profile for more pics of it.
Bryan

Im more than familiar with your ride Bryan, it was one of the first black celicas to make me think.
Its a damn shame shes gone...
sweet sweet ride frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.