Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jumpy rpms
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
95STHATCH
I noticed today that my rpms jump up and down when I give it gas around the 2500-3000 rpm range. My throttle cable needs to be replaced,could that be the problem???? I just need some help.
Supersprynt
why does ur throttle cable need to be replaced?

ur RPMs wouldnt jump, they'd probably just stick.
95STHATCH
The throttle cable sticks at low rpms and thats why I need to replace it but,when I give it gas in lets say 5th gear while its between the 2500-3000 rpm range it will jump uplike i want it too but then a split second later it will drop back down then jump up and down again.
t96f
Sounds like slipping clutch!!
95STHATCH
Would it be slipping in 5th and not be slipping in 1st? It might be a stupid question because i've only been driving a 5 speed fpr about a month.
t96f
you didn't say was only in 5th and not first LOL
Stealths95GT
need new clutch....
DG_Performance
are you sure you are not getting a miss somewhere. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad spark plug. you should check the easy stuff like that b4 you go and jump into bigger jobs like replacing the cluch! ask someone who knows a little about engines to listen to the car idle then if you have to take them for a ride so they car feel it. Best way to diagnose a problem is to get many ideas and then start with the easy ones first and work through all ideas 'till the prob is gone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.