Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: im a newbee
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
superduper
sup guys im a newbie and i was wondering about the 3sgte. Which gen is it from? is it from the gt4? is it jdm? and how much would it cost to get one? thx
Coomer
Well, the 3S-GTE can be found in the ST165(4th gen), ST185(5th gen), and ST205(6th gen - JDM only) Celicas, as well as in some MR2s and the JDM Toyota Caldina(I think that's the one). Most people get the ST185 3S-GTE(2nd generation 3S-GTE) out of either a USDM or JDM Celica, though I'm not too sure on costs for the engine.
all4sho94st
i say it cost a pretty good grip.
NEVERSTOP
yeah what coomer said....

Its gonna cost you at least 4-5k for the swap... no matter what gen the engine is... also it is gonna cost you more for the swap if ur 6th gen is a ST.... I have done this swap and know alot about it... feel free to email me with ?'s

if ur really lucky you coud stumble onto something like this....

91 USDM Celica alltrac, black w/black leather, all options, WRC bodystlying, 54,000 miles...... $1100

This is for sale at a local car dealership... and its almost mint condition!! I don't think they know excatly what they have....newayz my friend is probably gonna trade his Grand Am for it
Coomer
QUOTE (NEVERSTOP @ Dec 29 2002, 07:04 PM)
91 USDM Celica alltrac, black w/black leather, all options, WRC bodystlying, 54,000 miles...... $1100

That car has to have some kind of major problems, or the dealership is simply completely retarded! That'd be an insane deal if it was in fair condition. Be sure to check out the car's engine and frame and everything before your buddy buys it.
NEVERSTOP
That car has to have some kind of major problems, or the dealership is simply completely retarded! That'd be an insane deal if it was in fair condition. Be sure to check out the car's engine and frame and everything before your buddy buys it.

I already looked at it for him... the car checks out! no salvage title, no damage to the frame or electical... the thing was babied! its damn near perfect expesially for a car that is almost 12 years old... I really dont think that the dealership knows what they have...its just some small little dealership outside of town... I was pissed when I saw it@@! alot cheaper than what I paid to make my car all wheel drive! I will post some photos of it if he ends up buying the car.
Consynx
the gens that were posted next to the engines and horsepowers, and the generations of celica's that they came with
the generation engines are different
3rd being the 255...
also, the Caldina supposedly has an all-new 4th generation with 285hp(it's on the japanese promotion website for it)

getting the 3rd gen is what usually takes you up a notch in cost.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.