Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Easiest engine swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
unionbay101
HI, i just bought a 95 gt coupe and i was wondering what type of engine would be the easiest to swap the 3s-gte or the 4s-gte...?
brianforster
the 3sgte swap is simple for a GT, buy a clip, pull the harness transmission/engine etc. send the harness out to somebody like DG or tweak , they send it back complete, then its just plug and play.

the swap is only difficult when you try to rush it and do not do the proper maintenence, so do plenty of research, and remember that the work is going to be 2x as difficult with the engine in the car, so you mid as well bite the bullet and replace EVERYTHING you can think of on the engine.

unionbay101
thanks for your help brianforster...and put some pics of your car..i wana see the 3sgte
95CelicaST
HI, i just bought a 95 gt coupe and i was wondering what type of engine would be the easiest to swap the 3s-gte or the 4s-gte...?

3SGTE. Because there is no such thing as a 4S-GTE. There is however a 4A-GE and 4A-GZE, but not 4S.

You have a GT - meaning you have a 2.2L 5S-FE. A good rule of thumb is that it is easiest to swap in the same series engine that you have now. GT's are easier to swap S- series engines and ST's are easier to swap A-series engines. If I were to swap I would opt for a 4AGE 20V because I currently have an A- series motor (7A-FE)

The 3S-GTE will essentially drop into a GT's existing motor mounts and transmission. The only thing that will require work is the harness. If you wanted to go with any A-series you would need to change your motor mounts to those of an ST, new transmission, axles, harness, etc. This goes for ST guys swapping 3S-GTE's.
brianforster
theres my engine bay, there are might cleaner but, you asked for it smile.gif

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.