Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pic request
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Valo666
I brought my car into my shop at my school and put it on the sniffer to see how its running to see why it would be failing my e-test all the time. So my teacher took a look at a bunch of stuff and one thing he noticed was on my vacuum modual i have the 2 vacuum hoses running to the throttel body, but nothing coming off the back side, with the single vacuum nipple. So we took a look at the vacuum diagram on my firewall and it says that there should be a vacuum line going from there to the switch, but then i took a look at all data's vacuum switch diagram and it says for non cali spec it only has 1 line running just to the EGR valve its self. So im trying to figure out if the guys who installed my motor f*cked it up and didnt connect it, or it actually doesnt need it, or im completely stupid and cant read the diagram properly. Any ways, can some one take a pic of their EGR system and Vacuum modual?? also if some one can get at their switch, take a pic of the switch too. Thanks

Bryan
bindertch
Don't always trust Alldata. If your school has it try Mitchell. At my school we nicknamed Alldata "Somedata". Also what year is the engine you had installed? The diagram i have for a 94-95 has 4 ports. Two to the throtle body, one to the top of the EGR valve and one to the bottom?
Valo666
same vacuum modual...the motor in my car though is a JDM block, then my OEM CND spec intake and egr system, so i got 1 coming off the left, 1 coming out of the bottom, and 2 coming out of the right *if your looking at it from the front of the car. And yea i know all-data sucks ass, but still doesnt help me figure out where my other vacuum hose is..lol. But yea, mitchel is 1000% times better.
Valo666
bump..need this pic b4 like 8am tomorrow morning. some one please help.
bindertch
Well the two out of the right should go to the throttle body (one labeled P and the other R). The left one should go to the VSV and then to the top of the EGR valve. The bottom one should go to the bottom of the EGR valve. This is how the USDM is shown in the Mitchell that I have.
Kwanza26
Here's what I got from Mitchell...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.