Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drive Belts
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Ve1Ls1dEvolutioN
anybody have a "how to" or can someone help me out on how to change my drive belts(AC, alternator, and power steering)...my car has 139,000miles with orginial belts and its making the squeeking noise when i start the car...i check the belts and they are loose and cracking...i'm scared its just gonna give out on me any day now...i bought the belts from autozone already...where do i start?? i have the tools to work on it so its not a problem...can someone guide me or show me some directions on what to do?? its a 97 ST auto

thanx
fellaz
Ve1Ls1dEvolutioN
bump...anyone??
netrata
register at the celicatech.com website and go to the BGB section. It will have all you need to service the celica smile.gif
Ve1Ls1dEvolutioN
QUOTE(netrata @ May 24, 2007 - 9:17 PM) [snapback]561371[/snapback]

register at the celicatech.com website and go to the BGB section. It will have all you need to service the celica smile.gif

thanx for the help
Remy
Just some tips don't over tighten the belts or it could cause damage and don't under tighten the belts as it could cause squeeks and make sure to line up the belts correctly. smile.gif Oh and invest in a haynes or chilten manual they help. biggrin.gif
Ve1Ls1dEvolutioN

that link for the Repair Manual is not working....SUCKs!
REDDRAGONCELI
QUOTE(Ve1Ls1dEvolutioN @ Jun 11, 2007 - 10:25 PM) [snapback]567303[/snapback]

that link for the Repair Manual is not working....SUCKs!

Yeah the 6th gen manual isnt working anybody have any other suggestions
crimsonchin
im in the process of doing the same thing, ive gotten off the alt and pwr steering belts fine (loosen the alt/pwr steering pump, if anyone wants more detail just ask) but does anyone know how to get the ac belt off? the ac compressor doesnt appear to be mounted the same way as the others, like how they slide...
Ve1Ls1dEvolutioN
QUOTE(crimsonchin @ Jun 13, 2007 - 1:53 PM) [snapback]568158[/snapback]

im in the process of doing the same thing, ive gotten off the alt and pwr steering belts fine (loosen the alt/pwr steering pump, if anyone wants more detail just ask) but does anyone know how to get the ac belt off? the ac compressor doesnt appear to be mounted the same way as the others, like how they slide...

yeah i figured it out with a help of a friend and 2 books(chiltons and haynes)...you have to loosened the adjustment screw which is located on the top by the small wheel that rotates the ac belt...its a size 12 or 14 mm...then u gotta unscrew the lock which is located on the side of that wheel...wish i had pictures to show u...hope i didn't confuse you...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.