Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first 6gc
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
ecaddiction
So I finally got the opportunity to buy my first Celica. It needs some work, but it's not bad for what I paid. It's Limited Edition Vert, but I wish I had a hatch (they just look so much better IMO). I live in Florida so it doesn't bother me too much laugh.gif . 174k miles, but still running great.
Work it needs:
New top
Repair the body damage in the back
New motor mounts
Top frame welded back together

I guess that's it accually. So without further ado, here she is.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Not too bad for $1600 right? tongue.gif
95CelicaST
1600 is a steal! You have a nice looking vert there. thumbsup.gif

are you going to put a tan top back on it, or go with a black top?

EDIT: next step is to get a short shifter... the height on the stock shifter is outrageous!
Jaws4God
CONGRATS!! Looks nice!! Sometimes I wish I had a vert frown.gif
super13jew
did you live in bradenton at one point?
ecaddiction
95 - I plan on putting on a black top and turning around and selling it. Then I'm hopefully gettin a hatch.

Jaws - Thanks!

super - nope, Jacksonville all my life.

Arniel
Are u fkn serious! $1600!?!? lol. a vert like that here in aus would have to be like $11000+ (aus$) man thats nuts. Very nice car u got.
bccentaur3
QUOTE(ecaddiction @ May 25, 2007 - 3:49 PM) [snapback]561541[/snapback]

95 - I plan on putting on a black top and turning around and selling it. Then I'm hopefully gettin a hatch.

Jaws - Thanks!

super - nope, Jacksonville all my life.

Going Hatch is the only way to go man. 1600 is a major steal though congrats.
ecaddiction
Thanks. I had an option to either keep my Dodge Dakota or buy this car. The decision wasn't hard. The idea was to make some money off the turn around sale, and get a hatch. It's a shame because there is a hatch that needs some work for only 600. Not bad. Too bad I don't have room...
HypnoToad
i like the vert,and they only built like 1500 LE vert...i belive
ecaddiction
True true...that dent makes me angry though...
DSToyo
thats a nice find, why the hatch tho? dont get me wrong, i think the hatches look best too, but it would be nice to have the top down once in awhile. you could make that hatch look really nice, theres not too many around, and if what HypnoToad said is right, that makes it even more valuable.
ecaddiction
You're right, I just feel like a girl with the top down laugh.gif . Plus there's a few things you don't have to worry about when you don't have a top. Such as top motors, top leakage, rear windows, and top frame. Maybe that's just because I have a problem with every single one of those. And yesterday when I was putting the top up, the window got caught on the back set frame thing, and ripped the window completely out. So now I have to rely on an ugly blue tarp to keep rain out. I guess it's really time for a new top. 500 bucks down the drain.
NaderG
how much do new motor mounts costs ?
G3D45
Just 1600$ for convertible??? cwm13.gif You are very lucky smile.gif Good luck.
njccmd2002
first of all, male sure the motors still work. There is a thread around here to fix the pins of your motors. I did it an it only takes a copuple of hours.

Second. I guess i have one of those 1500...............

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
CelicaGTWolf
greetings. and nice vert. i love that interior color, wish mine had it. luckily for me my girl has been pestering me to get her a 6gc and i found one with that interior. i may swap carpets before i give it to her, haha tongue.gif well thats neither here nor there, welcome and i wish i knew there were so many 6gens in jacksonville when i was living there 17 years of my life kindasad.gif
ecaddiction
Thanks for the responses.
nj - Yes, I found that, and that was the problem, so now my top goes down on its own smile.gif . Well, kinda, because I need to fix the frame. I'll take pictures to show you what I mean.
BLINKYxMUNKEY
Another North Floridian!!! Welcome!
ecaddiction
Thanks BLINKY!
97lestyousay
Very nice for a steal of a price. I have a brochure that states
there were 1500 verts and 3500 hatch st's made.
ecaddiction
Thanks guys. The pictures make it look alot cleaner than it is
vincent_doggy
Def, it's a steal...
Just spend another $1600 to dress up your car...
Fuelish
Car looks good, man .... a lil tlc and you'll have a keeper, for sure (I have a '92 vert and LOVE it - east Tennessee backroads and mountains make for some fun drives). I'd fix and keep, if I were you. I can't comment on the specific number of LE's made, but here's the numbers ASC provided me of Celi's they converted over the years :
1984 : 250
1985 : 4,248
1987 : 5,000
1988 : 6,783
1989 : 7,311
1991 : 7,917
1992 : 6,697 (of which mine is #5,339 )
1993 : 4,671
1995 : 6,004
1996 : 2,792
1997 : 4,364
1998 : 2,316
1999 : 2,532

96bluevert
1600? wow! that's a great deal. I'd have to agree with what others were saying. just use the money you saved and fix the car up. i mean as long as everything is good mechanically, you should keep it and enjoy having the convenience of a convertable. smile.gif
ecaddiction
That's the first step. Get it fixed up tongue.gif
ecaddiction
Update!!
Changes: Motor mounts fixed, new top, and lots of little things. All I have to do now is get that stupid dent fixed.

Pictures!! Didn't come out as good as I wanted because it was dusk. I'll take more tomorrow if my car's still clean.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
m0dd3d1
It looks like it's in pretty good condition! Nice find. Unlike mine that was trashed when I bought it. Man, is it just me of are those stock shifters really tall! biggrin.gif
ecaddiction
They're super tall!! But I plan on selling it so I want to keep it stock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.