Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nevermind i figured it out
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
DSToyo
Ive been installing my 7th gen shifter today, and i cant even get the old shifter out.... my question is, how did you all get the pin out of the top of the assembly? where it says to use a punch... i dont have one that is the right size. is there anyway i could still do this?
Starcraftjunkie
use a 6 sided screwdriver bit or something with a large surface area but small enough for the circular part.

something like a hex or robertson:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_screwdriver

DSToyo
how hard was it to knock out... it doesn't seem to budge frown.gif
DSToyo
nevermind, i got it all figured out... i wasnt hitting it hard enough wink.gif

the shifter is awesome for the $40 btw (really short throws smile.gif) my only issue is that it wobbles a little bit in neutral kindasad.gif... other than that it is very precise biggrin.gif

as for the install it took me awile (the better part of the day) kindasad.gif. i guess because i had never done anything like that before. i was kinda figuring it out as i went. it was very tedious and my hands got all cut up working in such a confined area frown.gif

also thank you Starcraftjunkie for the speedy reply but i found something else to knock it out smile.gif

overall i am very pleased with it especially since it was only $39 biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ALSO, THANKS FOR THE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT!

edit: man thats a lot of smilies...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.