Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bad clutch maybe?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
BURNSJ2
hey guys i think i got this one figured out but let me throw it to the pros before i spend too much cash. not gear specific, if i give it a little more gas then casual driving the engine keeps pace with my foot, but the power isnt getting to the ground. any ideas?
Red94Celica
Clutch. Welcome to the club lol
Killswitch
http://www.gripforce.com/
I recomend Gripforce.com. Their stage one clutch kit is amazing and pretty cheap. Unless your looking for OEM.
tomazws
That sounds pretty bad, try to avoid going up steep hills...
CelicaGTS94
I do not in any way recommend the ebay F1 stage 2 or whatever ya get.. they suck, I got one last summer and already I have the same problems you have no power to the ground and clutch slips alot!!!
BURNSJ2
yeah im pretty sure im gonna go oem on my clutch. its lasted 13 years so i figure its around the best out there
BURNSJ2
well i got the new clutch today. next obvious question is how bad is it gonna be to put in? ive never done one before. out of the repair manual it looks pretty basic. but first hand experience is always better then a book.
GTS13
Well if you're pretty mechanically inclined and you feel up to it, get ready to spend about 6-8 hours doing it, and prepare for most of that time to be under your car. I also recommend having at least 1 or 2 buddies helping you out as getting the tranny back up into place isn't the easiest of tasks. Good experience though, pretty easy too, just time consuming.
BURNSJ2
yeah i know what m doin around a car. i just wish i had a lift! so what the trans should basically just unbolt and slide outta the way? clutch out clutch in?
laff09
QUOTE(BURNSJ2 @ Jun 8, 2007 - 5:22 PM) [snapback]566490[/snapback]

so what the trans should basically just unbolt and slide outta the way? clutch out clutch in?

I love how easy the books make it sound wink.gif
BURNSJ2
thats what im sayin! i know its gonna be a pain in the a$$.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.