Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEED HELP ASAP BAD VIBRATION
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
2slow2nervous
ALRIGHT 2 NITE I WAS DRIVING AND SHIFTING IN MY CAR DOING ABOUT 70. AFTER THAT I HAD A VERY BAD VIBRATION. i PULLED OVER CHECKED ALL MY TIRES THINKING I HAD A BLOWN TIRE AND I HAD NONE. SO I GOT BACK IN AND STARTED DRIVING AGAIN AND VIBRATION WAS JUST AS BAD AND EVERYTIME I SHIFT I HEAR A BANG LIKE RITE BEHIND WE THE TRANNY IS. EVERYTHING RUNS FUN I BOOST FINE. I NEED IDEAS I HAVE THE MEET ON SAT AND I HAVE TO MAKE IT!
Defgeph
Check you motor mounts, front and rear.
Batman722
QUOTE(Defgeph @ Jun 8, 2007 - 1:19 AM) [snapback]566301[/snapback]

Check you motor mounts, front and rear.

x2
that is the most likely cause.
2slow2nervous
is that a easy fix?? How much do mounts go for? Or i should ask were could i get one in one day?
Batman722
by having a bad clunking and massive vibration, it sounds like one (most likely the rear) came off, or loose, or the bracket is loose or off.

You need to jack the car up and get under there and look. If things aren't right, you will be able to tell. get under and take some pics if you have to, we're here to help if you need it.
2slow2nervous
so it may just be loose not broken??? ALright ill check it out 2morro as soon as i wake up. I really hope its that i need to make this meet!
CelicaGTS94
the tranny mount on the backside of the trans on the 5sfe if not tourqued properly after a clutch install will snap the bolts right out of the tranny.. I know from experience, especially if you get wheel hop when trying to spin the tires!! mine would shake like hell on start up and when ya shift it would shake and make a nice loud clunk!! And they can come loose after having things apart, had that happen also!!
Daftboy
He has the 3g in his car.
2slow2nervous
yea i have a 3s in my car.... Im gonna try and get it fixed tonight if all goes well i will still be at the meet 2morro pushing for 2nite still.
CelicaGTS94
ok, he has the 3s in his car, but is he using the stock Tranny off his 5s? if so, than its the same mount!! and with all that extra tourque from a 3s it could break it!! also if it is the back tranny mount, make sure all bolts are still there.. I believe there should be 4!! if one has broke and took a piece of the tranny with it, you might lose tranny fluid over time!!
2slow2nervous
ok thanks alot! One more question do u kno the exact name of the rear mount??? Or a part number so i can ask toyota for a price???
GTS13
Have you taken your wheels off recently? I made a seriously stupid mistake once and didn't tighten one wheel down the rest of the way and had very similar effects.
2slow2nervous
na my wheels have been on for a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.