Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: convertible styling
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Exterior Styling
NaderG
i was wondering if anybody could help me out with theese stuff ... is there a roll bar out there for a celica ? or does it have to be custom made ? how much would it cost ??
note: i am taling about the plastic one , not the metal ones

also , i saw a mustang today with rear seat cancel , it looked nice and i was wondering if it can be done to out celis .. i will try to get some pics of that , but all of you with fiber glass experience : is it possible to buy one for another car and slightly modify it to fit our 6GC Verts ?
topshed
QUOTE(NaderG @ Jun 12, 2007 - 9:28 PM) [snapback]567716[/snapback]

i was wondering if anybody could help me out with theese stuff ... is there a roll bar out there for a celica ? or does it have to be custom made ? how much would it cost ??

also , i saw a mustang today with rear seat cancel , it looked nice and i was wondering if it can be done to out celis .. i will try to get some pics of that , but all of you with fiber glass experience : is it possible to buy one for another car and slightly modify it to fit our 6GC Verts ?

Are we talking about a windbreaker which sits behind the two front seats. Err! whats a rear seat cancel.
vincent_doggy
QUOTE(topshed @ Jun 13, 2007 - 11:40 PM) [snapback]567990[/snapback]

QUOTE(NaderG @ Jun 12, 2007 - 9:28 PM) [snapback]567716[/snapback]

Are we talking about a windbreaker which sits behind the two front seats. Err! whats a rear seat cancel.

Yeap, I think something like BMW Mini coper's one

IPB Image

IPB Image
NaderG
sorry for not being clear enough , but the rear seat cancel is taking out the rear seats and putting a cover on that makes the car looks like a 2 seater ... i still cant find any pictures of it but i am working on it ... i am just wondering how hard it would be to buy one thats for another car and mod it to fit my Celi ?? and also the roll bar , how hard it would to modify it ?
NaderG
i think its just called 2-seater conversion ...
here is a link to an eclipse with it

http://custom.autos.yahoo.com/gallery/phot...art=5&sel=5
GTSOwner
don't they call that a tonneau cover or is that for the top itself?
playr158
tonneau cover FTW
NaderG
i guess it is called tonneau cover too , i want one that is plastic and painted .. anybody ever thought of this ? how hard can it be ? ... also what about the roll bar ?.. i need ideas ! lol
JonMarkos
Wouldn't the tonneau cover be the leather piece that covers up the exposed part of the top when it is dropped? I think he just wants to take the rear seats out and make a space back there, I've thought about doing this. The way I thought to do it would be to build a box out of wood with doors in it to access places below that would naturally fit into the dips where the seats were. Then for where the back of the seats are I would place either a couple of subs of some more paneling with spaces inside, mesh it all together somehow and cover it with carpeting that matched the rest of the car.
NaderG
well , the pic in the link has a custom made 2-seater conversion , they call that thing a tonneau cover too , what i want to do is take out the back seat --> then put the a custom made sub box and amps in that place , and have some sort of cover on top ( with two curves to match the front seats ) that connects to the sub box xlosing this area from the top ( when its down) ... and either put one big plastic looking roll bar across the whole thing , or put two two small indvidual metal ones behind each seat .... my problem is that i am not sure where to begin , so any ideas would be great !!!!
topshed
I'm making a windjammer at this time. have made the locating fittings out of stainless
and am making the hoop out of thin wall seamless tube 16mm od. IPB Image
NaderG
well , thas pretty close to making roll bars , may i ask how dificult is it ? what kind of tools are needed (plz be specific ) thx
NaderG
I dont alot of research and i think i will have to do it myself from scratch first delete my rear seat and installing subs and amp in place while closing the back with wood , then , cut wood into shape and cover the top of it , then get big cubes of sponge ( or any similar material ) and try as hard as i can to cut out to "humps" to make curves for my headrests --> then , cut holes into the wood , place two shiny roll bars 9 one behind every seat) and somehow bolt them there or something ... then find some vinyl or leather and cover the whole thing with it ..... my problems are : the convertible top boot is soo big , so should i make my cover at the same level or make it go up at the edge OR just do it like the eclipse in the link above ??

i would really appreciate some ideas or help with mine , any siggestions are more than welcomed .... also , if all fail . how hard would it bo to modify this thing below to fit a celica but ofcourse i dont want to be spending that much money on it !

http://www.mustangunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=RC94+01
NaderG
i am making progress with planing this project ... a 1/4 inch think wood panel would do the trick , underneath will go some supports which i still have no idea what will i use for the supports frown.gif , i found a website that sells foam in a shape that is really close to what i want so i will buy a couple and cut them to shape , i am also getting vinyl to cover it all up ... i am thinking of wide plastic "ring" to surround the two "humps" but i am still clueless of where to find materials...

SO , i need some help with the following :

1- How do i make the roll bars --> there is two of them ( behind each headrest ) ex: the new miata ?

2- i need some pointers on taking the rear seat out / the seatbelts ?

3- Also i dont know how will i mount the board and the supports , i dont want to be drilling any holes in the original plastic so that i can reverse the whole thing if it fails mid-project or if i didnt like it or something ...PLZ SOMEONE HELP !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.