Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: professional engine swappers
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
NaderG
I want to swap V6 into my car but dont want to do it myself , i am just wondering if anybody here knows a place i can go in So-cal that knows the celica and can do the swap for me ... i was leaning towords a 3Sgte but it cant be legal , so now i am heading in the V6 direction.... help anybody ?
CelicaST_CALI
jus stick with the gt..if u need more power just get some new stuff,exahst,header,spark plugs,ect.Or if u need the power jsut find the engine and do it urself!!
NaderG
any bolt ons will not add that much power and honestly a V6 swap is more than i can handle and i am not sure if I can do it so perfectly so that it can be legal ( with all the emission equipment and all that) , so ya , i need someone to do it for me
RedSunCelica
1mzfe will slide into the celica bay. i believe toysport if there still around does some pretty nice swaps.

as far as emissions go........ **** it, im sure there are a few smog shops that will gladly look the other way.
tomazws
QUOTE(NaderG @ Jun 18, 2007 - 8:43 PM) [snapback]569877[/snapback]

any bolt ons will not add that much power and honestly a V6 swap is more than i can handle and i am not sure if I can do it so perfectly so that it can be legal ( with all the emission equipment and all that) , so ya , i need someone to do it for me

Any non-Celica engine into the Celica will be illegal in this Arnold's State.
CelicaST_CALI
arnold is very mean,,,i met him cause our school build a playground,THAT ****ER IS HUGE!!!God im 6' and he looked down,he was litterally twice as big as me,so u dont want him to come after u...
goferris
QUOTE(CelicaST_CALI @ Jun 21, 2007 - 2:34 PM) [snapback]570971[/snapback]

arnold is very mean,,,i met him cause our school build a playground,THAT ****ER IS HUGE!!!God im 6' and he looked down,he was litterally twice as big as me,so u dont want him to come after u...

really? i was always under the impression that he wasn't very tall. hmm....
NaderG
well , i already took alook at theese links before and the other links about the 3sgte. i am going for V6 because its the only legal choice . the law states that any engine swaped into a car has to be USDM same year or newer with all the emission equipment on and fully functional , and that is why i want a shop to do it for me .... i already emailed toysport and will call them tomorrow , Dr.Tweak qouted me 7500 but he is VERY VERY far away , how much should i expect toysport to ask for ?? how much is fare ?? how far should i go before saying f#*k IT
LewFX
toysport has their prices on their website, the prices of their clips are crazy high
NaderG
QUOTE(LewFX @ Jun 22, 2007 - 3:21 AM) [snapback]571130[/snapback]

toysport has their prices on their website, the prices of their clips are crazy high

whats their website maybe i got it wrong kindasad.gif , also , any other more price convineint place to do it ? i REALLY love this car , people look at it as if it was a porsche , i get whistle , stares ...everything !! lol , i also love the styling and i want to keep it but it is too damn slow and i need the power !!! frown.gif i have to do that V6 swap !!!!! kindasad.gif
Hanyo
naderg before you jump on the engine swap bandwagon. And assume a newer engine is a legal swap. I would seriously call a bar certified station and ask if that engine can be legally swapped in.

I know you can not swap in a heavy duty engine into a light class vehical.

An example will be a f150 engine in a geo metro. If you manage to get that engine to fit in there, it will not be legal because of the different classificatoin of the engine. So please do more research and call around before you start looking for an engine swap.

If you can not specifically give names and numbers of who and what can be done, then you have not done your end of the homework.

NaderG
i'd be happy to call to confirm , but what is a bar certified station ??
6strngs
QUOTE(NaderG @ Jun 22, 2007 - 9:15 AM) [snapback]571263[/snapback]

i'd be happy to call to confirm , but what is a bar certified station ??

a certified smog station. I'd also call the DMV if I were you and see what they say about it.
punkuup5150
QUOTE(RedSunCelica @ Jun 21, 2007 - 9:13 AM) [snapback]570887[/snapback]

1mzfe will slide into the celica bay. i believe toysport if there still around does some pretty nice swaps.

as far as emissions go........ **** it, im sure there are a few smog shops that will gladly look the other way.

yeah with enoguh money ne shop will turn there head lol
NaderG
i just talked to a smog shop and he said that the engine has to be same year or newer and equiped with all the emission control systems , any JDM is impossible to document andhe said it would give me a headache due to emission differences , i got the 800 number for referees off of him and will call tommorow , also , toysport isnt answering emails or phone calls ...
lagos
toysport has a horrible reputation. they might not even be in business anymore.
NaderG
ya i figured that already , their website says 2004 , i looked up their phone number in the yellow pages website , it is not there , i have no idea how i actually rings when i call , so i am pretty much on my own .. unless i take a roadtrip to DR.TWEAk and have him do it , where is he located anyways ?
j0e_p3t
not too far.... just georgia.
NaderG
i guess no engine swap for me lol
6strngs
QUOTE(NaderG @ Jun 28, 2007 - 11:58 AM) [snapback]573230[/snapback]

i guess no engine swap for me lol

I'm sure you can find some kind of performace shop near you. I would go in there and ask them if they know any places or anybody that could do an engine swap for you, I'm sure they know a few.
NaderG
well , i dont want just anybody to do it , i want a person who knows all about toyotas , so that i can avoid as much post - swap problems as i can .

QUESTION : all of you who swapped their engines , how much trouble are you having with the engine ? would you call your car daily driver reliable or not ?
j0e_p3t
just save a few extra hundred bucks to ship the car to tweak.
NaderG
i honestly decided that i should just enjoy the car's performace as is , i wont touch the underneath of my hood , i will just fix up the exterior and the interior and then later on , sell it and buy another faster car because 6500-8500 plus shipping is crazy too much to fix up a 10 yr old car , also after reading about coomer's plan to sell the celi , i now know that i wont stay in love with the car forever like i thought i would
jcbass7
QUOTE(NaderG @ Jun 28, 2007 - 6:21 PM) [snapback]573313[/snapback]

well , i dont want just anybody to do it , i want a person who knows all about toyotas , so that i can avoid as much post - swap problems as i can .

QUESTION : all of you who swapped their engines , how much trouble are you having with the engine ? would you call your car daily driver reliable or not ?

the only problems i have had were due to my own inexpereince during the swap etc. (just minor things) but the 3sgte itself has been a champ
NaderG
QUOTE(jcbass7 @ Jun 29, 2007 - 12:44 AM) [snapback]573350[/snapback]

QUOTE(NaderG @ Jun 28, 2007 - 6:21 PM) [snapback]573313[/snapback]

the only problems i have had were due to my own inexpereince during the swap etc. (just minor things) but the 3sgte itself has been a champ

well , its illegal .... too bad
j0e_p3t
its only illegal if you get caught wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.